Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

who the gently caress would put something they bought from aliexpress in their rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hbag posted:

who the gently caress would put something they bought from aliexpress in their rear end

Like 90% of the poo poo on there goes into an rear end or comes out of an rear end somehow. :sexarse:

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
That doesn't go in the rear end (when used as directed)...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It could, if you wanted it to.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Can you do customized merch from AliExpress? How is it?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I ordered a customized medallion for a few bucks.

I ordered it because I need a stainless steel plate to hold my insra360 camera which has magnet in the back. But this pendent doesn't have any magnetic property so it's probably some cheaper alloy not stainless steel. It's just 4 bucks so whatever. They even said you can send them customize photo, I guess thru the Ali chat interface.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heffer posted:

I bought an oil painting reproduction of a Degas, turned out really really well.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I custom designed some iron on patches and they turned out great
I also did some custom gaiters/face masks

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
What the hell is this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002563461128.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.3.212d7293GMhmBF

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gold bars man

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

3$

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

gold, obviously

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

busalover posted:

What the hell is this?
It's one of the listings that they direct people to for the "additional fees" shipping scams. (Under specifications it says "Extra Fee")

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They sell nazi gold too

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Snowy posted:

They sell nazi gold too

How'd they get it out of Switzerland?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

LashLightning posted:

How'd they get it out of Switzerland?
Chocolate

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Strong Convections posted:

It's one of the listings that they direct people to for the "additional fees" shipping scams. (Under specifications it says "Extra Fee")

Can you explain the scam? You mean they will ask you additional shipping fee after you buy it?

Seem to me its secret code word for selling something that's not allowed on ali, but its so vague it could be anything.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
They seem to have a special "shipping fright" category on their store, with some even having orders and reviews. But I couldn't find another product that references them.

Also from this seller I am "Healty Crotch":
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002399897897.html

And this Hand sanitizer filled wristband:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001406746411.html

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i bought some yoga pants from aliexpress and theyre pretty comfy actually

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I don't know how I ended up down the possum shirt rabbit hole but I'm gonna order all of these:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Here's the hair doodly I ordered:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002857424025.html

And it works! I am poo poo at making this stuff work, but work it does. The hard part for me is sliding it all the way down to the end of my hair, which is about in the middle of my back and naturally hard for my hands/arms to reach. But the slapdash job I did still looks passably good, and it's comfortable, too. Not bad for sub-$2 and a two-week wait!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

stephenthinkpad posted:

I ordered a customized medallion for a few bucks.

I ordered it because I need a stainless steel plate to hold my insra360 camera which has magnet in the back. But this pendent doesn't have any magnetic property so it's probably some cheaper alloy not stainless steel. It's just 4 bucks so whatever. They even said you can send them customize photo, I guess thru the Ali chat interface.

The better alloys of stainless steel typically aren't magnetic, or at least the "pretty" ones. They have higher concentrations of nickel and whatnot. I'm not sure why you would buy stainless steel expecting it to be magnetic unless explicitly stated. Most alloys aren't, because the amount of ferrite tends to decrease the corrosion resistance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel#Magnetic_properties

Try a steel dogtag, or something chrome plated.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

The cacodemon pins are back!

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003002131059.html

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Heffer posted:

I got these cufflinks customized with my initials engraved. Very satisfied with the quality.

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can you explain the scam? You mean they will ask you additional shipping fee after you buy it?

Seem to me its secret code word for selling something that's not allowed on ali, but its so vague it could be anything.

Yeah, that's the scam, with the addition of this fee likely not being refundable if you put in a dispute for non receipt of goods because it would be shipping costs - I haven't double checked lately, but my understanding is that even if they put in a tracking number that doesn't even go to your country, Ali doesn't refund the postage costs.

It's $3, which is a common amount they ask for for additional shipping fees. For that much, if it's something illicit, it can't be that exciting.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

I’ve paid one of those fees. I bought wrought iron street numbers for a sign by the road and needed a fourth number, when the listing included three. Some sellers are quite flexible on things if you message them, these “items” can just be a catch all fee for special requests. I suppose these things could open you up to be scammed but AE presumably has all conversation history and seems quite fair with disputes.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Love the gender guidelines for this product

80lbs?! No chance, missy!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002382263748.html

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I once bought a cute bra on aliexpress and the seller directed me to one of those 'additional fee' items.... But only if I wanted a random extra bra added to my order. And I won the bra lottery bc it was also cute. That's my weird aliexpress fee item story

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Killingyouguy! posted:

I once bought a cute bra on aliexpress and the seller directed me to one of those 'additional fee' items.... But only if I wanted a random extra bra added to my order. And I won the bra lottery bc it was also cute. That's my weird aliexpress fee item story

see I would be afraid of something like underwear from aliexpress but I guess you had good luck and they didn't explode and blow your tits clean off or turn you green or anything

Aliexpress
1. Nothing You Eat
2. Nothing You Plug In
3. Nothing That Touches Your Bits

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

The Bloop posted:

Aliexpress
1. Nothing You Eat
2. Nothing You Plug In
3. Nothing That Touches Your Bits

Unfortunately the corollary is that all generic discount stores in <your home town> are sourcing their goods from the same suppliers.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

norp posted:

Unfortunately the corollary is that all generic discount stores in <your home town> are sourcing their goods from the same suppliers.

But if your dick falls off because of the underwear of questionable lead content, you stand a chance at taking the store owner to court. Meanwhile the Ali one will try to refund you 50% of the cost of the underwear at best.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Somebody asked about the customized stuff.

These are a couple

Pendant $4 shipped. The phone# tag has the vehicle plate onn the opposite site, $2.8 shipped.

Somebody mentioned heat shrink tube earlier tin the thread, I decided to give it a try. Took more than a month to get to me.

$4 shipped.

Honestly I don't see any advantage over a Brother label printer with different colored labels.
I only use the tubes in my specific case because my son tear away all my printed labels.
But I think the final fit and finish is more amateurism than what you can achieve with a labeller.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I find that eneloops and other good NiMH batteries barely fit in most battery compartments as it is. Putting an extra layer of heatshrink tubing on seems like it'd be a pain.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

norp posted:

I find that eneloops and other good NiMH batteries barely fit in most battery compartments as it is. Putting an extra layer of heatshrink tubing on seems like it'd be a pain.

i was kind of thinking the same thing. how's it been working out?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

stephenthinkpad posted:

Somebody asked about the customized stuff.

These are a couple

Hello fellow 917er! :3:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The tube skin is very thin. If I have problem I would rip them out anyway.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

(Contains razor blades)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
What are those people walking toward?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32959905145.html