Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wish it squished a scaffolder instead, fucken reprobates the lot of em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It fell away from me but as it did so the foot kicked up and grazed my shin. Big bump now, but I had my steel toecap wellies (pair 4?) on so they kind of saved me from a bit of a bloody mess.

Company wanted 800 quid or something to stand these up for me so I can soak up a few more accidents before in losing money

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3AXAOY4pU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

goatface posted:

You would need to issue every picture provider with an NFT proving that they are the owner of that picture and any usage requests should go to them. This would also provide you with a way to disown anything dodgy because you only provide a service linking people together, not a photography company. Totally different, definitely not an Uber situation.

I'll take £1.8 million for 8%.

I mean that's great but it's only worth it if you're generating at least 50kg of CO2

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Gasmask posted:

Jimmy Hill said something to the effect of ‘people shouldn’t complain about racism because people tease me about my chin’ so he can rot in piss

Huh. The Mac Tonight connection is really making sense now.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020
Sorry that I upset anybody here last night. Bad day + too much beer and the important self aware fact that I am quite capable of being a bit of a poo poo.

Apologies anyway.

Dogatron fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 5, 2021

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Dogatron posted:

Sorry if I upset anybody here last night. Bad day + too much beer and the important self aware fact that I am quite capable of being a bit of a poo poo.

Apologies anyway.

Listen, it's ok, but next time I'm clapping for you I'm doing one less clap, alright?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Do you think you upset anyone? Like a self aware person might not have to say 'if'. But I don't know? Thanks for the apology although you didn't upset me because your recent reg date makes you an SA child to me, incapable of rational thought. I can only be upset by like probably 04s or earlier.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do you think you upset anyone? Like a self aware person might not have to say 'if'. But I don't know? Thanks for the apology although you didn't upset me because your recent reg date makes you an SA child to me, incapable of rational thought. I can only be upset by like probably 04s or earlier.

Fixed that for you. You are self aware of your own SA reg date?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i'm like just aware of it? I dunno i guess i'm self aware of it too? Like everything I'm aware of I am also self aware of?

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Gasmask posted:

Listen, it's ok, but next time I'm clapping for you I'm doing one less clap, alright?

Please don't trigger me and send me off on a rant about the clap for carers poo poo. Because it was utter shite and is demonstrably true by the offer of a 1% pay rise.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think youre getting 3 now. the clapping wasn't really for you. it was for us to feel like we were helping out

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i think youre getting 3 now. the clapping wasn't really for you. it was for us to feel like we were helping out

I really found it quite annoying. Like the free poo poo companies kept sending to us. I had a job and quite a lot of overtime but we got free Easter Eggs.

I used to gather up a lot of free poo poo they gave us, take it home and tape it to the top of my wheely bin every bin day.

Bin men are the true heroes of Covid and society in general. They save more lives than all of the NHS by preventing disease, rodents and infectious vectors spreading.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i agree a bit there. my toddler nephew who lives with me watches them every week out of the staircase window and without fail everytime our binman shouts up to him at the top of his voice (admittadly quite early in the monring but lol gently caress everyone else) "good morning little man have a wonderful day". its quite charming.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Fwiw my brother and a mate are both hands on NHS bods and think the same way as dogatron re bodies and piles once you get a beer in them, I think it is a pretty widely held opinion in the health service

It's probably a coping mechanism or something, but that doesn't stop it being a dickhead thing to say

I don't have a dog, but this thread helps me cope with that, thanks friends

I'm back in the office and no one wears a mask and I'm going to 2 weddings and a big birthday this month, wish me luck dogatron

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i agree a bit there. my toddler nephew who lives with me watches them every week out of the staircase window and without fail everytime our binman shouts up to him at the top of his voice (admittadly quite early in the monring but lol gently caress everyone else) "good morning little man have a wonderful day". its quite charming.

My uncles funeral with two very clean sparkling dust carts following the hearse was a beautiful sight. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't fill his grave with dustbins of soil.

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

CancerCakes posted:

Fwiw my brother and a mate are both hands on NHS bods and think the same way as dogatron re bodies and piles once you get a beer in them, I think it is a pretty widely held opinion in the health service

It's probably a coping mechanism or something, but that doesn't stop it being a dickhead thing to say

I don't have a dog, but this thread helps me cope with that, thanks friends

I'm back in the office and no one wears a mask and I'm going to 2 weddings and a big birthday this month, wish me luck dogatron

Your right I was a dickhead, sorry.

Good luck mate and stay safe.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Dogatron posted:

Your right I was a dickhead, sorry.

Good luck mate and stay safe.

Stay safe dogatron

The chat about reg dates made me look at mine, how have I been on this website for 15 years wtf

Nite nite thread, I have the day off tomorrow woop woop

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Quick CancerCakes is asleep let's plan their day off party what kind of cake do they like

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

battenberg

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

We're gonna make a giant battenburg with steel internal supports, I'll get the ingredients you handle the steel

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
oh yes it's :sexarse: night

and the feeeelin's right

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

CC finish your loft Conversion

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm off work this week because Mrs Boat is recovering from an op (all fine) and I was going to get loads done in the house today but miniboat woke up and was immediately sick this morning so I guess I'm watching Moana and Frozen on repeat with him

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

TBF Moana is very good.

Hope Mrs Boat has a swift recovery and Mini Boat is being a good boy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Gasmask posted:

CC finish your loft Conversion

I'll update that thread next week, hopefully with some good news re loft

mrpwase posted:

We're gonna make a giant battenburg with steel internal supports, I'll get the ingredients you handle the steel

Oh poo poo how did you guess my loft news

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The clapping for carers thing had one and only one good thing about it and that was getting to watch a nurse one punch knock the gammon twat with a frying pan and ladle the gently caress out who was banging and screaming for Boris for waking up his baby.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Solefald posted:

TBF Moana is very good.

Hope Mrs Boat has a swift recovery and Mini Boat is being a good boy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks! It's just as well that Moana is excellent because I've had to watch it about twenty times in the last month

Tbh I'm mostly kicking myself for not doing another load of washing / cleaning the bathroom / doing the weekly shop yesterday and instead playing Half Life because I assumed I could do it today instead

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

The clapping for carers thing had one and only one good thing about it and that was getting to watch a nurse one punch knock the gammon twat with a frying pan and ladle the gently caress out who was banging and screaming for Boris for waking up his baby.

This should be investigated by the monopolies commission or whatever it's called. Shouldn't be allowed to generate their own business like that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm having a very long day at work (not complaining). What takeaway should I get later?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I would say Chinese but I dunno how the veg thing works so maybe an Indian would ultimately work out best. There aren't many takeaways are there, there's like those and fish and chips or pizza. I had a takeaway roast I suppose but my heart wasn't really in it.

A man has fixed my puncture for me so I suppose I better get back to work. Snapped two more drill bits.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wouldn’t mind Chinese later, but the local one to me is cash only and there’s no cash points around here.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'm gonna stay in and eat potatoes

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm having a very long day at work (not complaining). What takeaway should I get later?

Fish and chips Friday

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

What sort of place is cash only these days of apps and tings

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've also got an inexplicably cash only Chinese nearby but reckon they might be another business casualty of Covid, not seen them open in a long while

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The ones who want to pay staff who don't exist with money they never took.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

had my 2nd jab yesterday and i feel awful, my entire body aches it's weird

looking forward to doing the bare minimum to count as existing this weekend hell yeah

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mrpwase posted:

I'm gonna stay in and eat potatoes
this is good advice generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Indian food is a good shout!

Vitamins posted:

had my 2nd jab yesterday and i feel awful, my entire body aches it's weird

looking forward to doing the bare minimum to count as existing this weekend hell yeah

Congrats on beimg able to go to orgies again

My second one made me extremely lethargic, more.so than usual