Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i think it's real good this season but i only just got to yellow maps and i mindlessly follow youtuber builds because i don't wanna make spreadsheets for the game

ice traps seems to have a reliable survivability with enough evasion and % to freeze but it's my second season playing so i don't know poo poo really i guess.

it was cool being able to finance some decent gear because one of the league npcs starts stocking chaos orbs in like, the first act or something stupid early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Nor should you

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
here u go op https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828536
easy mistake

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that thread gets really wound up sometimes i thought maybe the chill game chat forum might also play it but hey I read the room wrong sorry ill go back to the other thread

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lack of sex pile.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

path of expulsion

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bob and Larry play this.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i play it every now and then, op. don't really have much to say about it as i just play through the campaign and quit when i get to the endgame grindfest. i like it when the guy says "this world is an illusion, exile!" and reveals himself to be god, who you proceed to kill in act three out of five

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Bob and Larry play this.

dead giveaway

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

little munchkin posted:

i play it every now and then, op. don't really have much to say about it as i just play through the campaign and quit when i get to the endgame grindfest. i like it when the guy says "this world is an illusion, exile!" and reveals himself to be god, who you proceed to kill in act three out of five

Three out of ten.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Path of exile 2 waiting room.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Three out of ten.

oh yea lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the act 1 refresh was cool, but this game is still full of dumb crap and the postgame is terrible. hype for poe2 starting from scratch with better ideas

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Three out of ten.

it's pretty cool that killing god and then unfucking the world because you killed god is considered the tutorial of the game imo

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Shat of Egg Pile. Topic locked

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't tell if I just don't like these style of games anymore or if they're just not very good to begin with. The last diablolike I enjoyed was Torchlight 2, and even then once I hit the desert I usually stop playing. I may have finally kicked my lootlust demon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Epic OP.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can't tell if I just don't like these style of games anymore or if they're just not very good to begin with. The last diablolike I enjoyed was Torchlight 2, and even then once I hit the desert I usually stop playing. I may have finally kicked my lootlust demon.

honestly feel the same way, but some games of a similar vein do scratch that itch, like The Ascent, which is like the best game this year for me so far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the only good ARPG which really says a lot about the state of the genre. I have fun with it but at this point it's basically impossible to get into. And for some reason they balance it like an MMO or shooter instead of a single player game, which is what it is.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

for some reason they balance it like an MMO or shooter instead of a single player game

its free to play and owned by tencent lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

heehee posted:

lack of sex pile.

Lol.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

OP is right, I took a look around and I don’t see a path of exile thread either. thanks for letting us know , op

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my buddy just got this trading card somewhere in this so acyually the games Epic http://www.vhpg.com/t/terrible-secret-of-space.png

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like these kinds of games because I get a Indiana Jones style archaeologist feel from finding the epic ancient primal loot or w/e and just perhaps it could help me become godlike. Cheers OP.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I like these kinds of games because I get a Indiana Jones style archaeologist feel from finding the epic ancient primal loot or w/e and just perhaps it could help me become godlike. Cheers OP.

I always go into them hoping they will be like that but invariably it’s instead hours of picking up rusty swords and enchanted leather pants with slightly different numbers beside their names and I get bored and quit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

honestly feel the same way, but some games of a similar vein do scratch that itch, like The Ascent, which is like the best game this year for me so far

yeah games like Helldivers seem to be the natural evolution of this genre

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It sucks because poe has outstanding atmosphere and solid gameplay but otherwise caters exclusively to min/maxers who love spreadsheets and scripts and poo poo. I guess you have to do that stuff to keep the whales engaged

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

That Little Demon posted:

I ignored that game until right after it came out and I learned that 1. there's no procedural generation and 2. the "loot" isn't random at all, there's just a few dozen different weapons/armor items that you're supposed to keep and upgrade for different situations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Reaverbot posted:

I always go into them hoping they will be like that but invariably it’s instead hours of picking up rusty swords and enchanted leather pants with slightly different numbers beside their names and I get bored and quit

They scratch that itch for me so I always like haveing them around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been thinking of upgrading to this from Diablo III seasonal grinding but it seems like I need to read a book on how to actually play it right.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its free to play and owned by tencent lol

It was actually worse before Tencent bought them out.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I thought I craved hacknslash gameplay, but I bounced right off Torchlight 2 anyhow when I tried it. I think what I really want is to play Diablo 2 again for the first time.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i don't particularly care for the ascendency trials, and i hope they get rid of they aren't planning any isometric platforming sections for poe2

really like when i hear that currency item drop sound and my brain gives me a sweet dopamine hit though

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Grim Dawn is better than Path of Exile.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

go fast or just don't go

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

i don't particularly care for the ascendency trials, and i hope they get rid of they aren't planning any isometric platforming sections for poe2

really like when i hear that currency item drop sound and my brain gives me a sweet dopamine hit though

The labyrinth is really bad and is thankfully going away forever in poe2. On the other hand when you have a strong build it feels good to instantly crush it, as I did tonight with my lightning trapper

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

The labyrinth is really bad and is thankfully going away forever in poe2. On the other hand when you have a strong build it feels good to instantly crush it, as I did tonight with my lightning trapper

i'm using an ice trapper. what really fucks me up are the sections where i can't just cheese through it with movement skills because there's like an enemies take damage when using movement skills thing stacked on a totem of drought or whatever and i'm just like 'gently caress it, i don't need to see sirus anyway i guess'

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Grim Dawn is better than Path of Exile.

You seem lost. https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=44

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

i'm using an ice trapper. what really fucks me up are the sections where i can't just cheese through it with movement skills because there's like an enemies take damage when using movement skills thing stacked on a totem of drought or whatever and i'm just like 'gently caress it, i don't need to see sirus anyway i guess'

You should be able to hit them with your traps from extreme range, which goes through the proximity shield some of them have. And if you have flask nodes you can just sip your health flask and blaze through. They don't do enough damage to kill you outright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i wish the devs didnt make the game run worse with every update for seemingly no benefit but there isnt another arpg that lets me have as many skeletons and zombies as poe. skeletons are cool.