Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Okubros, could it be...

Well his only win will be wearing a clown costume against a guy whose 90% gimmicks and 10% good looks. Okubo better win this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what a lame fight lol

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-119.html

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, that guy was an idiot. grappling... bad? but i thought martial arts were no big deal for some mysterious reason!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i dunno it's nice for the king of mma to get a clean victory after getting hyped up against the fang way back when

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm happy for him

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I liked that fight.

It was nice to see Okubo get a clean win, where his skills actually mattered and helped him overwhelm some fancy superpower bullshit. I like the continuing theme of the Annihilation fighters not being as serious as the Kengan people. Also kind of funny to think that this same thing, someone entering just to assassinate another contestant, happened in the first series, and the assassins also lost their match.

Terashi is the most pure jobber character in the whole series. The only reason he's here is to do a job, and that job isn't even "winning this match" or "killing his opponent", it's to kill some other guy! He only realized he actually wanted to win at the last second!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Venuz Patrol posted:

i dunno it's nice for the king of mma to get a clean victory after getting hyped up against the fang way back when

Yeah I like him winning handily. A good showing for him

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I'm just glad it's over with

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want to see Okubo put up against one of the stronger people.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Okubo versus Terashi with a weapon

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

but what about his clown outfit

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/b5xSXli/1/1/

gently caress yeah here we go

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so ohma is in the final match which is also the tiebreaker. what a shock.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Well aside from Fei being The tiger vessel I think his stated martial arts is Tai Chi so I suspect this is going to be a hard one for Wakatsuki regardless and honestly, I'm more than a little disappointed that Kazzy decided that Wakatsuki who I consider to be the real king of the Kengan Circuit couldn't man handle the king of purgatory.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 6, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Well aside from Fei being The tiger vessel I think his stated martial arts is Tai Chi so I suspect this is going to be a hard one for Wakatsuki regardless and honestly, I'm more than a little disappointed that Kazzy decided that Wakatsuki who I consider to be the real king of the Kengan Circuit could man handle the king of purgatory.

Wakatsuki winning by just standing so he can't be redirected would be funny imo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hope Fei doesn’t reveal he’s the tiger’s vessel by crippling Takeshi or something. Also I think Yamashita is underestimating a fully healthy Ohma, he's probably still thinking of him like during the Annihilation tournament.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, so ohma is in the final match which is also the tiebreaker. what a shock.

No, it’s 5-5 right now. If Kengan gets one win and one loss it’ll be a tie.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 7, 2021

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/GZVfuIn/1/1/

"I hope you will change your impression of Tai Chi after this match"

And then he swaps to other martial arts before half the chapter is done.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Nobody dies unless they are killed in Kengan's world

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, attacking his head is your best bet if you're fighting Wakatsuki. If he can take a punch from Julius Reinhold and you're not the size of a restaurant freezer, you'd better have a plan ready.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

golden bubble posted:

This got a laugh out of me. "I hope you will change your impression of Tai Chi", leading immediately into one exchange where the guy nearly gets squashed and immediately changes styles.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's very true to life.

so, rihito is a worm impostor, huh? that's not nearly as surprising as julius wearing a shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

golden bubble posted:

It's Carlos all over again. Making a big deal about how awesome he is at one particular martial art that's his personal specialty, and then within a couple of exchanges he's forced into revealing his super special trump card: using some other martial art that he has far less experience with.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't really see this as like Carlos. Fei is already up to 3 fighting styles and describes this as the minimum for competence which...is weirdly sane after we had a fight where someone had a shivering fighting style.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't really see this as like Carlos. Fei is already up to 3 fighting styles and describes this as the minimum for competence which...is weirdly sane after we had a fight where someone had a shivering fighting style.

As I (vaguely) understand it, MMA's relatively recent surge in popularity has led to some really rapid advancement in the Art Of Beating Up Dudes With Your Bare Hands, with a real emphasis on the importance of having a complete toolkit, as opposed to just doing, say, Judo where the style is for a pretty specific range of interactions. Which is really cool and has a lot of depth, but isn't exactly preparing you for fighting a guy who's using strikes to space you out. And what Fei is listing is a bunch of stuff that's just going to give you really solid fundamentals without any notable holes. So it's less an ace in the hole and more "I am not a dipshit gimmick, I know how to Fight"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am still reeling from the incredible and brutal betrayal of Julius Reinhardt. Wtf is he doing with a shirt on. :argh:

Also that shadowy figure from the last page seems more like that former Fang of Metsudo traitor whose name I honestly forgot, because he was a loser, than Rihito to me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

I am still reeling from the incredible and brutal betrayal of Julius Reinhardt. Wtf is he doing with a shirt on. :argh:

Also that shadowy figure from the last page seems more like that former Fang of Metsudo traitor whose name I honestly forgot, because he was a loser, than Rihito to me.

he always wore a sweatsuit, guy in shadow is wearing a tank top. also, while he had spiky hair he didn't have a spiky mullet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ain't it the Other Niko who supposedly died at Ouma's Niko's hands (according to Setsuna who is not very reliable).

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I think it's the other Niko who was talking to Edward Wu earlier. Not sure why people are silhouetted in this series sometimes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

2 reveals this chapter

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-122.html

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

these scans look real bad...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Finally the crane stance gets the respect it deserves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does feel like wakatsukis strength doesn't get used very well. Like he should be capable of crushing feis hand the way that raian did to mokichi

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

Does feel like wakatsukis strength doesn't get used very well. Like he should be capable of crushing feis hand the way that raian did to mokichi

Niko style is bullshit. What else is new? :shrug:

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Pretty sure he’s got him in a joint lock. It’s one of those weird holds where you either can’t bring your strength to bear, or if you do, it’s just going to damage you further.
There’s not many things he can do from that position that won’t fracture his wrist or a damage a tendon/ligament or dislocate something.
Attacks that can target his joints and tendons/ligaments is pretty smart. His super muscles probably put them under a lot of pressure when he does explosive strikes.

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 20, 2021

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's using the same kind of Aiki bullshit as Shibukawa from Baki

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

Pretty sure he’s got him in a joint lock. It’s one of those weird holds where you either can’t bring your strength to bear, or if you do, it’s just going to damage you further.
There’s not many things he can do from that position that won’t fracture his wrist or a damage a tendon/ligament or dislocate something.
Attacks that can target his joints and tendons/ligaments is pretty smart. His super muscles probably put them under a lot of pressure when he does explosive strikes.

I'm talking about just crushing his hand with his ridiculous grip strength

I like agito and ohma just wanting revenge and not giving a poo poo about student stuff

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wakatsuki had half his goddamn face torn off from being ran all the way around the original arena by goddamn Julius Reinhold.

I think he can handle this. I hope it isn't a BLAST CORE he uses as his super duper cuz that is gonna get so redirected.

Hit dude with OMEGA KICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Remember what happened when Julius caught someone's kick. Sawada hasn't been given much love. I feel like the only mention of him in Omega ended with Kazzy admitting he was scraping the bottom of the barrel.