Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

he went there to get wined and dined by thr neonazis in government hes not being extorted lol

dude it's tucker carlson the guy is loving dumbbbbb, of course he's being extorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

hungary, a country literally no one wants to move to, a model for immigration policy

maga more like magyar

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dude it's tucker carlson the guy is loving dumbbbbb, of course he's being extorted

Are you implying that Carlson might, during his week-long vacation in Hungary, partake in some form of activity that could be recorded and used as kompromat against him? Perish the thought!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the mp who rewrote the hungarian constitution to ban gay marriage was caught at a illegal gay orgy in brussels during the covid lockdown. they busted him climbing down a drain pipe lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

cucker failson is the heir via his stepmother to a TV dinner company fortune lmao

he's a fuckin pure strain failing-upwards child of the elite who's the mouthpiece of a totalitarian death cult to the under-educated masses of the american right, there's no way in hell he's not being extorted by at least four different countries at any given point in time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It rocks that Tucker's career started with CNN/MSNBC. lmfao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1423123319289786371

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzYbLJfFR9w

the alt right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

1 billion americans

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

1 billion americans

lol

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i heard part of his shtick and there was something about "people here aren't fired for having the wrong opinions at work"

motherfucker if they tried to pass the same labor laws, vacation policy or parental leave in the us as hungary, or anywhere else in europe, you would be falling over yourself to call them godless communists and rag on them for being poor. also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4772nP1GrTQ

seems he isn't so witty without a team of writers laying out his script

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jonny 290 posted:

oh we wish that too but we're smart enough to realize that every time any one of those catch it they get immediately whisked away to a private suite with ten doctors and the best you-couldnt-afford-this-even-if-we-let-you-have-it treatments that exist

they fuckin aimed the medicine firehose at trump, graham, and all the others

they'll never let any of the big movers go out like stan chera
There are no magic treatments that work other than just hooking you up to a drip of high-dose steroids and hoping that doesn't kill you before COVID does. Constant care/attention is pretty much what keeps you alive in some of these cases and being rich lets doctors hover over you 24/7. That's it really.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

i heard part of his shtick and there was something about "people here aren't fired for having the wrong opinions at work"

motherfucker if they tried to pass the same labor laws, vacation policy or parental leave in the us as hungary, or anywhere else in europe, you would be falling over yourself to call them godless communists and rag on them for being poor. also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4772nP1GrTQ

seems he isn't so witty without a team of writers laying out his script

he's stupid as gently caress, it's evident

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fabricated posted:

There are no magic treatments that work other than just hooking you up to a drip of high-dose steroids and hoping that doesn't kill you before COVID does. Constant care/attention is pretty much what keeps you alive in some of these cases and being rich lets doctors hover over you 24/7. That's it really.

also if you're at least affluent you don't think twice about going in to get tested or begin treatment asap, which also makes a huge difference

lotta the patients my wife sees dying of it are old and poor and can't just head on over to the hospital before that fever turns into viral pneumonia

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Steven Donziger, Lawyer Who Sued Chevron over Amazon Oil Spills, Marks 2 Years Under House Arrest

https://democracynow.cachefly.net/democracynow/360/dn2021-0806.mp4

democracy now posted:

Protests across the United States are calling for the immediate release of environmental and human rights lawyer Steven Donziger, who has been held under house arrest in New York for two years after being targeted by the oil giant Chevron. Donziger sued the oil giant in Ecuador on behalf of 30,000 Amazonian Indigenous people for dumping 16 billion gallons of oil into their ancestral lands.

Ecuador’s Supreme Court ordered Chevron to pay $18 billion a decade ago, a major victory for the environment and corporate accountability. But Chevron refused to pay or clean up the land, and instead launched a legal attack targeting Donziger in the United States.

A federal judge in July found Donziger guilty of six counts of criminal contempt of court after he refused to turn over his computer and cellphone. In an unusual legal twist, the judge appointed a private law firm with ties to Chevron to prosecute Donziger, after federal prosecutors declined to bring charges.

“This is a broader threat to our society,” says Donziger. “We cannot allow in any rule-of-law country, or any country, private prosecutions run by corporations.”

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yuck tucker was copping a feel there

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

and the 90s called, they want that shirt back

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also if you're at least affluent you don't think twice about going in to get tested or begin treatment asap, which also makes a huge difference

lotta the patients my wife sees dying of it are old and poor and can't just head on over to the hospital before that fever turns into viral pneumonia

i'm grateful i got vaccinated for pneumonia

hope more people's pcps recommend/administer that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gJrmIL5BE

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Ilana_Who_/status/1423435411225989127

this thread brings back some horrible memories lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

bump_fn posted:

https://twitter.com/Ilana_Who_/status/1423435411225989127

this thread brings back some horrible memories lol

man what a crazy loving time that was.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

good thing we invaded iraq and afghanistan because everything over there is okay now.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

good thing we invaded iraq and afghanistan because everything over there is okay now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

says it right there and presidents don’t lie. it’s in the constitution (which is basically an extension of the bible (kjv)).

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

says it right there and presidents don’t lie. it’s in the constitution (which is basically an extension of the bible (kjv)).

that’s because jesus is the president of life

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

let’s be real, kjv uses too many early modern english words. the american constitutional bible starring capitalist jesus is more like the simple english wikipedia translation

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

omg yess

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mediaphage posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus is the president and allah is the prime minister. bismillah

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

jesus is the president and allah is the prime minister. bismillah

woah woah woah!!!!!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

my facebook pastor told me that allah is actually satan?!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m just asking questions

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
I had a crush on christy romano when I was a kid :3: I don't remember ever seeing that ad though.

my clearest immediate post 9/11 rah rah culture thing was me and my best friend at the time got in trouble at school for wearing anti-flag (lol) t shirts.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mediaphage posted:

well, i'm not satisfied with his presidency. i think i'll vote for someone else next election. who we got?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

well, i'm not satisfied with his presidency. i think i'll vote for someone else next election. who we got?

Kamala Harris

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

You got buddha, the moon god Allah, Yahweh, Shiva, Thoth, ahura mazda, etc. Unlimited choices really.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You got buddha, the moon god Allah, Yahweh, Shiva, Thoth, ahura mazda, etc. Unlimited choices really.

which one is promising to destroy it all?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://mobile.twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1424082948387708928

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fart simpson posted:

which one is promising to destroy it all?

his radiant holiness the Atom

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i agree with all of these points

they were talking about the cops right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
at one point there was a scraeming match between the product rep and the freelance photographer over whether the angle has the sex arse "showing too much hole" where least one hard copy of a memo from standards & practices was waved furiously