Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can I keep a stack of piss bottles for when I do the FPS bits? It's been in TF2 since forever so why not done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lodin posted:

Can I keep a stack of piss bottles for when I do the FPS bits? It's been in TF2 since forever so why not done?

Poop socks is so 7-11.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's still pretty clear what they want is Space Station 13

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I would totally play a 3D SS13.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

I have several friends that play, we each sub only once. We have multiple accounts (I bought one for each of my kids, they'll grow into it!) but I don't sub on those accounts. I can just buy and send interesting sub-only things, so no real need.

I'd imagine this is mostly singles, with maybe a chunky 5-10% with multiples, but who knowns? The game is over lowing with backers, it's hard to tell these days!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I wonder if the kids watched their parents playing the game and were all, "Hey can I play too?" or if it's just the parent saying, "child; you will now play this lovely video game."

I think I know the answer. : (

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's like buying Green Bay Packer season tickets for your kids when they're born. Except football is a game that exists.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's like buying Green Bay Packer season tickets for your kids when they're born. Except football is a game that exists.

The waiting list for Packers season tickets is like 80 years so this might actually be a good race vs star citizen over what exists that far in the future

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Star Citizen should have procedurally generated space football matches so that you can buy season tickets to view them in game and watch them on space TV in your ship. Really missing a money generating opportunity there.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

They're subbing alright, subbing to Croberts' demands for endless money.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Star Citizen should have procedurally generated space football matches so that you can buy season tickets to view them in game and watch them on space TV in your ship. Really missing a money generating opportunity there.

And they would 100% rip off the bit from Starship Troopers.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Lodin posted:

And they would 100% rip off the bit from Starship Troopers.

Rico does a sommersault and just keeps going up at a stark 45 degree angle

The ball gets left behind, suspended in the air of course

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Just doing my annual check-in to see if the game is out yet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

rap music posted:

It is not.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

rap music posted:

There's something you can play but its really (looks around and leans in, whispers) not very good

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I heard they are starting development on Star Citizen soon!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I would probably rather have $10000 worth of jpegs over $10000 worth of NFL tickets at this point.

Unless I didn't have to go to the game in which case either one would be worth the same

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I can’t even play a PS4 game more than 2 hours a month. who are these adults who play for hours a day

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I can’t even play a PS4 game more than 2 hours a month. who are these adults who play for hours a day

Presumably a difference in priorities or financial stability. If you're unwilling to spend more than 4 minutes a day gaming that's one thing, you clearly have other things to do.

If you don't have the time to dedicate more free time to literally any hobby, due to other obligations, I am sorry

.random
May 7, 2007

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Wake up at 7, 1 hour of gaming til 8. Work til 5. 8 hours of gaming til 1am. Sleep 6 hours. Standard 9-9-6 split, OP.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

i think maybe you're the odd one out here

2 hours a month seems a little on the low side

but the simple judgement free explanation is: you do have free time right? Well in that time they're playing games.

You might be one of those lucky people who enjoys their job and basically lives for it but well, the majority of us are not that lucky.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 7, 2021

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Do you have kids? If so, there's your answer

.random
May 7, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Do you have not neglect your kids? If so, there's your answer

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Man children who live off of unemployment/disability/their parents because they're too brain worms to get a job.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think maybe you're the odd one out here

2 hours a month seems a little on the low side

but the simple judgement free explanation is: you do have free time right? Well in that time they're playing games.

You might be one of those lucky people who enjoys their job and basically lives for it but well, the majority of us are not that lucky.

That's definitely low, but for me, even when I think I've put a huge amount of time into a game it usually turns out to be 100-200 hours in Steam stats. It's hard for me personally to imagine getting to a thousand hours in a single game. I play a decent amount but I never get that much into one game.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

You're missing the point. This is the only game you're EVER GONNA NEED.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’ve played in excess of 12,000 hours of WoW over the last 16 years; the true believers think WoW is about 1% as compelling as SC.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Torquemada posted:

I’ve played in excess of 12,000 hours of WoW over the last 16 years; the true believers think WoW is about 1% as compelling as SC.

Is there a way to tell how much time you've played? I hit /played and it says 13 days. That seems really low. Probably just on that one character.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWO9GY8wiKM

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I clocked in 130ish hours in Skyrim over a decade or so? I thought that was a lot. It definitely FELT like a lot.

Then my gaming friends laugh at me and it surprises me cause you're laughing at me for not spending *more* time on vidja games?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I refuse to admit how many hours I put into Phantasy Star Online 2 but it was A Lot

I'm about to hit 100 in Graveyard Keeper but at least 10 of those are me leaving it running and forgetting I did

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I was watching my friend play the new expansion and he was streaming on discord and he died like 3 times randomly just walking around, it was great, especially since I didn't have to load the game or do any work

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

syntaxfunction posted:

I clocked in 130ish hours in Skyrim over a decade or so? I thought that was a lot. It definitely FELT like a lot.

Then my gaming friends laugh at me and it surprises me cause you're laughing at me for not spending *more* time on vidja games?

A lot is relative but 130 hrs over a decade is like 13 hours a year or 1 hour and a bit a month, so, uh, not really a lot by most people’s margins?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

My advice is, if you can't fit or fathom how more than 15 minutes of leisure time might work in a week, stop posting immediately. You are clearly doing irreparable harm to your schedule.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

The thing with Skyrim is that you have 130 hours of play time, but 800 hours of resolving mod conflicts.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i think i had around 2000 hours played in team fortress 2 back in the day

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

lobsterminator posted:

The thing with Skyrim is that you have 130 hours of play time, but 800 hours of resolving mod conflicts.
Jeffrey of Skyrim

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

so is the game playable yet or am i still gonna get 0.0025 FPS if it isn't installed on an ssd

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCEhcCibH8A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

hbag posted:

so is the game playable yet or am i still gonna get 0.0025 FPS if it isn't installed on an ssd

It'll probably suck more on a spinning HD, which may be the one thing to not hold against it tbqh?

Even actual good and popular games that have been out to varying lengths effectively require SSD. Rdr2, wow, to name 2

Sadly due to game size creep and supply chains, im sure it's easier said than done. Glad I upgraded every HD I have to at least sata3 SSD right before the end times

Worf fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Aug 8, 2021