Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Can Foudre Arc be 6P'd? I feel like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

poe meater posted:

Got absolutely washed by a lvl 400 goldlewis. They had great execution and might've set the world record for most plus frames.

I still don't actually what to do against repeated behemoth typhoon pressure in the corner as pot even after testing it. Other than not being in the corner

I'm probably a much shittier goldlewis than that dude but here's my read on the situation:

He can only do scary high/low mix if he's very close because the low typhoons are way shorter range than the high ones, so apply a bit of fd and then you can just block high and wait to jump out. He's +12 after everything but even without fd he can't do more than 2 typhoons before pushing himself out of range and letting you jump out, unless he uses PRC. All of his good pressure moves also have small gaps, not enough to actually mash out without getting counterhit for 80% damage but long enough to reversal super.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Can Foudre Arc be 6P'd? I feel like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Quick look at the hitboxes makes me think yes if you catch it early enough into its active frames. Otherwise once he's halfway through the move he'd still pop your shins if you're close enough.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Oh yeah, small question: where do you get those neon color schemes? I thought they came with the palette pack you get with the season pass, but evidently not.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
If you’re talking about the blue ones, it was a deluxe edition costume I believe

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Btw, it already started but the 10v10 korea vs japan exhibition is live:

https://twitch.tv/animeilluminati

The mixups aren't too bad but even with FD I can get locked down with stuff like IAD coffin into air behemoth into more poo poo. Pot is too fat. I think I just have to play more of the match up.

poe meater fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 7, 2021

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

TGLT posted:

Quick look at the hitboxes makes me think yes if you catch it early enough into its active frames. Otherwise once he's halfway through the move he'd still pop your shins if you're close enough.

Is the second hitbox below the waist? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. I suppose it depends on who you are, too. By the way, can you turn hitboxes on in training mode somehow? I looked through the options but I couldn't find anything.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Unfortunately not without a mod like the hitbox injector. As for the second set of hitboxes, it looks like based on the tree it'd still be high enough to 6P? At least with most characters. Haven't hosed around with it in training mode myself.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Foudre Arc can be 6P'd, but depending on how slow your 6P is he might be deep enough into your character's hit box after blockstringing that it won't work. In those situations, mashing 5P gets better results with most characters.

I've labbed this with May and she can't 6P after 5HS, Foudre Arc but she can 5P it instead.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Foudre Arc hits deep enough and travels fast enough that it's very hard to 6P on reaction for most characters. It's usually better to 5P it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just Andi Now posted:

I'm assuming you're talking about dropping c.S to 6H and 6H to 236H.

- For c.S to 6H, the timing is a little tight since 6H is only active for 2 frames.
- For 6H to 236H, your successful attempt cancelled into 236H much earlier than in the failed ones. (3-6 whole video frames earlier, which probably translates to 6-12 frames in 60fps land.) You should be able to buffer this so you don't have to worry too much about the timing.

Take this with a grain of salt though. This is just me examining your video since I don't have a hitbox viewer handy.

EDIT:
Okay testing it out in the lab, delaying RRC to c.S until they're on their way back down makes it a lot easier to time 6H.

Here's a video for the timing:
https://i.imgur.com/RIZkZtM.mp4

Huh, okay. I figured that cS had to come out as soon as possible after S Sword. Lemme try this out, thank you!!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Getting a string of matches where my YRC doesn't put someone in the guard animation or when I burst right on top of someone but they don't get knocked away is incredibly frustrating.

Ram's slash just phased through me twice when I did YRC instead of locking her down so she just got to do a punish and that feels very lame

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Skypie posted:

Getting a string of matches where my YRC doesn't put someone in the guard animation or when I burst right on top of someone but they don't get knocked away is incredibly frustrating.

Ram's slash just phased through me twice when I did YRC instead of locking her down so she just got to do a punish and that feels very lame

It's possible that your YRC didn't actually hit her because Ram's swords are very disjointed.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TGLT posted:

yes but just 5p instead for most characters, way more reliable

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Probably, but the question was about 6P and it's always worth knowing what all your options are.

edit: also, the forbidden amji mirror match
https://i.imgur.com/csQV1D9.mp4

TGLT fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 7, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is a new one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I thought they took out IKs.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
man, imposter syndrome is on me something fierce because I realize that a lot of people on floors below 8 still love pushing buttons against me playing Gio and I feel like Gio is one nerf away from me being completely useless in this game without the means of getting robbery wins

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

being a long set guy i haven't played on the actual floors in a long time. 10 today was a series of one and dones and actual mid fight rage quits. literally 3 people in a row lost 1 game to me and quit half way through match 2 after losing the first round. has this been a problem forever? might just stay in the park

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Why would you ever do that, people quitting midgame is amazing.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

People pretty much always go the full three in Europe at least. I've only had one ragequit, one disconnect which I think was a legit disconnect because it was just in the middle of doing random stuff, and people will cancel after matches because the algorithm is sometimes fucky and insists on matching you with the same person 5 times in a row which can tire anyone out. But not much untoward behavior.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Some people are really protective of their meaningless floor rank. Treat it like a badge of honor.

Also just getting back into playing ranked and I never realized that Anji's far slash is vulnerable to reversal supers so that was a fun match.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Goddammit. There should be a character that’s actually based around airdashing, cause I’m a compulsive airdasher and that gets me exploded by Sol every single time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
play May

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Goddammit. There should be a character that’s actually based around airdashing, cause I’m a compulsive airdasher and that gets me exploded by Sol every single time.

I mean that's a lot of Millia's gameplan. She's even got two airdashes.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The real cancer move of May isn’t dolphin it’s jHS

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Millia’s more of a general aerial and setplay character, I thought? Sounds interesting, though :thunk:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
All I know is every Millia I face zooms around the sky and dazzles my poor idiot brain, then when they knock me over they do the hair circle thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zato can fly
gently caress air dashing

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
the gazpacho man do do a big fly

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Tae posted:

play May

I feel attacked by this how dare you say true things about my playstyle

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

TGLT posted:

I mean that's a lot of Millia's gameplan. She's even got two airdashes.

and a move that is effectively a third airdash

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I have an 8 person room setup at ld0bwc on PC if anyone wants to roll thru

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Millia's all about having no defense but flying around like an rear end in a top hat and never getting hit she's the best.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

I feel attacked by this how dare you say true things about my playstyle

A lot of my losses are because I refuse to stop using air dash j.HS, which is why any character who can hit me out of it is on my poo poo list. (It's all of them.)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
This is weird. I guess the active frames of Chipp's super must start earlier than I think they do?

https://i.imgur.com/7tCJfGK.mp4

Edit: Here's the full match if anyone wants to watch it for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijnItqy8us

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Aug 8, 2021

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

being a long set guy i haven't played on the actual floors in a long time. 10 today was a series of one and dones and actual mid fight rage quits. literally 3 people in a row lost 1 game to me and quit half way through match 2 after losing the first round. has this been a problem forever? might just stay in the park

I rarely get 1 and dones. I haven't had a ragequit in about a week. Bad luck, I guess.

unimportantguy posted:

This is weird. I guess the active frames of Chipp's super must start earlier than I think they do?

https://i.imgur.com/7tCJfGK.mp4

Edit: Here's the full match if anyone wants to watch it for context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BijnItqy8us

That's pretty normal. He can hit you earlier or later depending on your proximity to him and your height when he activated.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

According to dustloop Chipp's super isn't invincible before the superflash though, so where did the reversal come from? Is the wiki wrong about that?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

According to dustloop Chipp's super isn't invincible before the superflash though, so where did the reversal come from? Is the wiki wrong about that?

The game doesn't use the tern reversal in the same way players do.

Technically a "Reversal" is any move done at the earlier possible moment after wake-up, but when most players say "Reversal" they usually mean specifically doing an invincible move on wake-up.
The game will say "Reversal" whenever you do any special move or super on wake-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

But the 5D still missed somehow? Did it catch him during wakeup? It doesn't really look that way...