Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

It's an optional mode you can turn off. Just revert it to the normal mortars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's not like the mortar tubes are all that hard to come by by the time you can use them

The termites kinda suck so far but it's a totally legitimate bit of game design to try and counteract players' impulses to react to the existence of risk by holing up and only engaging with the most boring, 'safe' mechanics, then complain that the game is too slow and predictable. Limiting the artillery you can bombard helpless raids from across the map with from your inaccessible fortress and gating it behind a small degree of trade is such a minor tweak in that regard

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 8, 2021

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh the one hand, yes. On the other hand the whole point of a base building game is to build a big base with cool walls and defenses and whatever and watch poo poo die horribly splashing against your death fortress. I'm not sure what the hell stuff like mechanoid termites add that sappers, drop pod raids, sieges, and mech clusters didn't already accomplish in a much less frustrating manner. Tynian is gonna Tynian though, I guess. :geno:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question I've got two 1.2 mods on my list that I cannot get rid of.

1) Reclaim, Reuse and Recycle
2) Extended Storage

They both have 1.3 forked versions that I am using but the original mod author deleted them from Steam. I cannot unsubscribe from them through steam or through rimworld. Any ideas how to get rid of them?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
a side effect of the termite's ai being different from the other mechs is that if your fortress has an easy enough access point the regular mechs will go through that access point and the termite will head through some other arbitrary one. makes it really easy to separate and destroy with just one pawn with a uranium mace

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Termites seem to do and take a lot less damage than centipedes so they don't bother me too much. IMO it would be more interesting if instead of using projectiles they were more like bulldozers that annihilate any structures they move through, and have more health/armor.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Asimo posted:

Oh the one hand, yes. On the other hand the whole point of a base building game is to build a big base with cool walls and defenses and whatever and watch poo poo die horribly splashing against your death fortress. I'm not sure what the hell stuff like mechanoid termites add that sappers, drop pod raids, sieges, and mech clusters didn't already accomplish in a much less frustrating manner. Tynian is gonna Tynian though, I guess. :geno:

This is kind of why I like Rimatomics so much, it's made by someone who clearly just wants to build incredible foreverbases

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Actually, has anyone doing Rimworld let's plays considered adding goon challenges or something? Like something funny happens in game, call for an art contest, winner gets to pick a prize from a list of things like "call in massive raid" or "kill and devour colonist <sa username>"

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Asimo posted:

yeah the termites are a lame choice, that post was more about mortars, which is such a nonissue unless you can't stand any risk of fighting at all and also refuse to just turn the fighting off. I just think he doesn't quite know what to do with all the people who figured out how to exploit mortars and pathing then started whining that combat isn't fun now that they spend all their time doing dumb boring poo poo to avoid it

Real answer is just throw a bunch of mods at it until it hits your personal challenge sweet spot and maybe turn the difficulty all the way down if you just wanna play SimCity/prepare your impregnable doom fort in peace then sic pirates on it, but apparently that wasn't satisfactory to some people. Fortunately that's still the answer to problems like "I hate termites"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 8, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Donkringel posted:

Question I've got two 1.2 mods on my list that I cannot get rid of.

1) Reclaim, Reuse and Recycle
2) Extended Storage

They both have 1.3 forked versions that I am using but the original mod author deleted them from Steam. I cannot unsubscribe from them through steam or through rimworld. Any ideas how to get rid of them?

Try installing RimPy. (You should anyway, it makes managing mods so easy.) RimPy will allow you to delete them.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I do hope the next expansion is Mechanoids like some people are predicting. Being able to build your own mechanoids (or maybe even capture/enslave the hostile ones, and then modify them) could finally make it possible to have fully automated gay space communism.

Plus trying to find and recruit that perfect pawn is such a hassle sometimes. What if I just built him out of all these bionic parts I have laying around :thunk:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Yeah the mortar tubes aren't a huge deal in practical terms, but the framing is absurd. If you want to make them require extra material upkeep sure, but saying that steel tubes are impossible to duplicate glittertech is just ridiculous. Fortunately we all have mods / options to play how we want!

Speaking of mods:

I had 10 tamed luciferbugs from alpha animals wander in to my 1st archotech map early on, and this is what they're up to now. I think I'm gonna stockpile a 10 year supply of luci for my chosen 5 pawns before shoving off for the next map. If I can, I mean, early on one of them had a random heart attack and took out the 2 next to them, if that were to happen here, well, uh :stonklol:

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 8, 2021

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

1) ok loving fine I'm installing Alpha Animals, I didn't feel safe to set my chosen five up as Friends of Lucy until my final settled tile, when I got an Albatross up and running.

2) turns out that, likely for Modding Reasons, the SRTS ships all mass 20kg (or appear to, I've only looked at the Albatross and whatever the tiny scoutship before it is called). So you can just have a pawn pick it up, when you're ready to go to your next tile, and on arrival you've got a no-upkeep 1.6kW generator; the superchargers are 5kg heavier than that, as are most crafting tables. Just like how, in real life, I can just pick up one of the Space Shuttles and tuck it into my pockets, no problemo!

3) I haven't finished it yet, but the final Archonexus tile location looks like it's a combat encounter. You don't give up your settlement immediately on accepting the quest to get the location for this encounter, so my guess is that I ought to have brought in all of the extra fighters from that colony in their gear to help out. My assumption at this point is that the final-victory process will only allow five pawns (and maybe the five animals?) to actually participate.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The mortar thing pisses me off just because of how stupid it is. My guys can make power armor, plasma swords, and mini guns but can't figure out how to machine a tube?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah if I was designing the vanilla tech tree I woulda made basically everything after Machining dependent on resources that can only be traded or raided for, and spacer tech virtually never spawn until the endgame raids. Make charge rifles and the like feel like a big loving deal instead of something you pick up at the grocery store, make mechanoids plenty threatening already without this silly arms race, satisfy all the realism complaints about space cowboys and indians fighting Terminators

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 8, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mortars are smoothbore and have accuracy like smoothbore too. so not even a need for twisty bits on the tube

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Try installing RimPy. (You should anyway, it makes managing mods so easy.) RimPy will allow you to delete them.

Holy poo poo this app is amazing. Thanks for telling me about it. That did that trick.

Of course I look at this post after I spend like 3 hours working on my mod list for 1.3 >_<

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I'm not particularly concerned about realism in building things because I figure that in the far future the glittertech verging on archotech worlds have universalized hardened handheld minecraftian-like builder tools which is why everything is constructed by a welder. These tools, being really useful and capable of building more, also spread throughout space to the point where even tribals use them. Research would consist of scanning things with the builder tool to add things to its internal database, which is how you can go from bows and arrows being cutting edge tech to interstellar travel in maybe a couple years if you're super dedicated.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

LonsomeSon posted:

1) ok loving fine I'm installing Alpha Animals, I didn't feel safe to set my chosen five up as Friends of Lucy until my final settled tile, when I got an Albatross up and running.

Buyer beware I have no idea how common these things are. I never saw them in my previous runs, or outside this one event this run, and I do about 1 a year so.

LonsomeSon posted:

2) turns out that, likely for Modding Reasons, the SRTS ships all mass 20kg (or appear to, I've only looked at the Albatross and whatever the tiny scoutship before it is called). So you can just have a pawn pick it up, when you're ready to go to your next tile, and on arrival you've got a no-upkeep 1.6kW generator; the superchargers are 5kg heavier than that, as are most crafting tables. Just like how, in real life, I can just pick up one of the Space Shuttles and tuck it into my pockets, no problemo!

I too did some pocket stuffing cheese when I switched maps, but in my defense I spent a fair bit of time sending bribe/gift ICBMs to every faction on the planet before catching the arconexus bus and all faction standings were reset. So I don't think it's unreasonable that, upon selling them a fully functioning colony, they give me an extra 50 kg of luggage. Shuttle in a pocket is probably pushing it though.

As far as Lucyland goes, I almost don't want to move on because the idea of trying out a sustainable luciferium colony and waiting to see how that could play out is really intriguing. I've been crunching numbers on how much farmland it would take to scale it up, which is extra interesting in the year+ long ice age I've been in.

For anyone unfamiliar with Alpha Animals, these lucibugs are like boomrats but you milk twice them a year for luci, and if they explode they immediately dust everything within about 3 tiles with a luci addiction. I did a dev mode test killing one in the powderkeg cave, and 5 of them survived. Turns out they're not immune to luci themselves, so of those 5, 3 of them actually started recovering thanks to their new self induced luciferium enhancement, although uh, bad times would be ahead with those numbers.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 8, 2021

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Lucibugs are pretty rare. I found one on a temperate map, but don't remember seeing them often.

Someone did make a fork of Questionable Ethics, so even if you get one, you should be able to clone more.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It's impossible to overstate the low-tech nature of a mortar. You drop a bomb with another, smaller bomb attached to the bottom down a tube. The smaller bomb is for propulsion: when it is set off by hitting the trigger mechanism in the bottom of the barrel, the bomb comes out and it's going very fast.

The most technically demanding thing about a mortar is working out the math you need to aim it, then the materials science for the barrel not to explode, followed by logistics for propulsion charges graduated in standard amounts. The loving Europeans worked out black powder mortars centuries ago, and even before the first contact fuses they were pretty deadly in the field as well as both on assault and defense of fortifications. After contact fuses, loving forget it: you can make 6 pounds of cast iron and 14 pounds of black powder explode at foot level anywhere the ground isn't too muddy, with hardly any chance of wiping out several of your own gun crews with every shot!

The problem that we're running into is that Rimworld's combat engine simulates engagements which are sort of like infantry combat with ballistic weapons of various types, but fails to account for effects like suppression, or provide the tactical innovations which are absolutely required in order to allow a smaller force on the defensive to hold out against a larger assaulting force: fortifications. We can't set up a scarp-counterscarp obstacle for our enemies to need to negotiate while defenders are giving fire, we can't dig slit trenches for our defenders, or build berms for them to shelter behind for a similar cover score. We've got mines, but they're individual pressure plates: we can't set up three successive stages of buried shrapnel loads and trigger them when it's advantageous to us. We don't have emplaced crew-served weapons, and the instinct for self-preservation is completely absent. This is a factor in the design of almost every weapon system and field tactic from rifles all the way back to a god drat shield wall, which depends largely on holding together until individual enemies otherwise trapped in the physical and social momentum of a charge become reluctant to spend their lives to drag another spear down out of the fight.

You're just not going to get representative-of-life results from the system we have. Mods which implement suppression or cause enemies to roll on breaking and running once they take serious wounds make combat against human enemies substantially safer and more rapid even without access to more extensive mines (there's something which does the same thing as a claymore mine for every technological generation of killing device since explosives), emplaced weapons, and some kind of weapons system remotely approaching the rate of fire and deadliness of tactical mortars.

I can go on at even more length about infantry doctrine poo poo; I once fell for the poverty draft and was already a military history nerd before I signed up to fight other peoples' wars for them. For instance, according to the letter of the field manuals I was taught to, a dismounted light infantry element mounting an assault on a built-up location sort of on the scale of a Rimworld settlement, which is very likely to degenerate into room-to-room fighting before the end, ought to at a minimum have a 9:1 advantage in numbers, assuming roughly equivalent equipment on each side. In a minimum-advantage circumstance, acceptable casualties are something like 2/3ds. So whatever you need to seize had sure as gently caress better be worth having a company-sized combat element basically shattered, completely out of action for months while the wounded recover even if you're lucky and fatalities are comparatively low. I will, however, stop myself there.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 8, 2021

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

It's impossible to overstate the low-tech nature of a mortar. You drop a bomb with another, smaller bomb attached to the bottom down a tube. The smaller bomb is for propulsion: when it is set off by hitting the trigger mechanism in the bottom of the barrel, the bomb comes out and it's going very fast.

The most technically demanding thing about a mortar is working out the math you need to aim it, then the materials science for the barrel not to explode, followed by logistics for propulsion charges graduated in standard amounts. The loving Europeans worked out black powder mortars centuries ago, and even before the first contact fuses they were pretty deadly in the field as well as both on assault and defense of fortifications. After contact fuses, loving forget it: you can make 6 pounds of cast iron and 14 pounds of black powder explode at foot level anywhere the ground isn't too muddy, with hardly any chance of wiping out several of your own gun crews with every shot!

The problem that we're running into is that Rimworld's combat engine simulates engagements which are sort of like infantry combat with ballistic weapons of various types, but fails to account for effects like suppression, or provide the tactical innovations which are absolutely required in order to allow a smaller force on the defensive to hold out against a larger assaulting force: fortifications. We can't set up a scarp-counterscarp obstacle for our enemies to need to negotiate while defenders are giving fire, we can't dig slit trenches for our defenders, or build berms for them to shelter behind for a similar cover score. We've got mines, but they're individual pressure plates: we can't set up three successive stages of buried shrapnel loads and trigger them when it's advantageous to us. We don't have emplaced crew-served weapons, and the instinct for self-preservation is completely absent. This is a factor in the design of almost every weapon system and field tactic from rifles all the way back to a god drat shield wall, which depends largely on holding together until individual enemies otherwise trapped in the physical and social momentum of a charge become reluctant to spend their lives to drag another spear down out of the fight.

You're just not going to get representative-of-life results from the system we have. Mods which implement suppression or cause enemies to roll on breaking and running once they take serious wounds make combat against human enemies substantially safer and more rapid even without access to more extensive mines (there's something which does the same thing as a claymore mine for every technological generation of killing device since explosives), emplaced weapons, and some kind of weapons system remotely approaching the rate of fire and deadliness of tactical mortars.

I can go on at even more length about infantry doctrine poo poo; I once fell for the poverty draft and was already a military history nerd before I signed up to fight other peoples' wars for them. For instance, according to the letter of the field manuals I was taught to, a dismounted light infantry element mounting an assault on a built-up location sort of on the scale of a Rimworld settlement, which is very likely to degenerate into room-to-room fighting before the end, ought to at a minimum have a 9:1 advantage in numbers, assuming roughly equivalent equipment on each side. In a minimum-advantage circumstance, acceptable casualties are something like 2/3ds. So whatever you need to seize had sure as gently caress better be worth having a company-sized combat element basically shattered, completely out of action for months while the wounded recover even if you're lucky and fatalities are comparatively low. I will, however, stop myself there.

I've always really enjoyed making massive, complicated fortresses in Rimworld and then cranking the difficulty up/adding overpowered factions/turning on Igor Invader, etc, so this is actually fascinating to read and gives me some ideas.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
certain aspects of the game are 100% Tynan doing the ~game designer~ poo poo and have nothing at all to do with immersion or realism, and nobody should ever feel reluctant to disable or tinker with any of that bullshit. even tynan himself has finally come around to letting you do that, which scenario settings and the simple access to disabling specific factions entirely, even exposing poo poo like Animal Revenge.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
The various improved turrets/defenses mods do add a few things that help with that. You can build turret emplacements which in theory are a lot more damaging than regular guns (although I've not tested them). Barbed wire and trenches give significant movement penalties and inflict minor damage, which is great against tribals and manhunters. High end turrets like the rocket launcher and concussive turret inflict incredible damage in an area. And there's assorted force multiplier effects like ammo boxes giving +firespeed, decoys to draw fire and so on.
Utility Columns has a fun 'cluster column' which detonates a shaped charge when something walks near it, so sticking a few of those in a chokepoint leads to heavy casualties. And something like Remote Tech lets you set up actual minefields.
Part of the problem for me is how abstracted the raider factions are. They can happily send human wave attacks of 100s of people over the course of a year with no sense of losses. It'd be neat if there was an actual cost to the raids for them and you could go on the offense and wipe out staging posts, supply trains and so on to preemptively stop raids for a while, but I've not seen a mod that accomplishes that well yet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mortar change is weird though because... they're already limited by ammunition, and by the time you can crank out enough shells that barrels are a limiting factor, you can also just buy a load of barrels.

I'm not averse to the idea that mortars need to be limited because yeah, they can project power across the map and especially with the new accuracy they can be really effective if you get a couple of them, but it's more that specifically the change made is just difficult to really understand the point of.

Same with neutroamine to be honest, by the time I'm producing medicine I can just buy infinite of it.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Any tips for useful security mods? I am getting tired of all my turrets just getting a single salvo off before every enemy just bumrushing them. Someone mentioned barbed wire? I know the solution is to build an intricate killbox but I want to build a more "realistic" fortress with large gun emplacements. If possible.

Btw the heads on spikes things are amazing, you can shoot through them but not walk through them. They also suppress slaves better than terror statues, I haven't had a single slave revolt in years now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

have you considered surrounding your turrets with plasteel head spikes

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Build a tower-defence style maze out of skullspikes.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Save Our Ship adds turret hardpoints that reduce damage taken by 75%, I haven't gotten to the point of using them myself yet but there's nothing stopping you from using them on a regular base.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

sometimes I think dang, it's kind of cheesy to build this many traps, and then

e: at least we can't see all the blood, that'd be pretty gross

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 8, 2021

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

TjyvTompa posted:

Any tips for useful security mods? I am getting tired of all my turrets just getting a single salvo off before every enemy just bumrushing them. Someone mentioned barbed wire? I know the solution is to build an intricate killbox but I want to build a more "realistic" fortress with large gun emplacements. If possible.

Btw the heads on spikes things are amazing, you can shoot through them but not walk through them. They also suppress slaves better than terror statues, I haven't had a single slave revolt in years now.

You're gonna want to start with some kind of Embrasures mod, possibly more than one if you want to create different types of hardpoint out of different materials. Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Security has a lot of useful tools, like barbed wire, trenches, machine gun emplacements, and shield generators. More Vanilla Turrets, Simple Turrets, and Absolutely More Cannons will give you more options for stronger, faster, or specialised turret types, and if those aren't enough, look into the energy weapons in Rimatomics. Doors Expanded adds massive, powered blast doors which I am big fan of. Remote Tech will give you the tools for proper minefields. You also might end up wanting some kind of Reinforced Walls mod.

There's a lot more tools out there depending on what you're doing, this is just a few of the ones I like. Keep in mind that you will quickly become quite overpowered with some of this stuff though, and you might need to get the game to throw more stuff at you to compensate.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Flesh Forge posted:

have you considered surrounding your turrets with plasteel head spikes

That's pretty much what I am doing already, my problem is that the enemies overwhelm my defenses too quickly with their sheer numbers.

I need something to slow them down, preferably something other than hundreds of traps.

Hungry posted:

You're gonna want to start with some kind of Embrasures mod, possibly more than one if you want to create different types of hardpoint out of different materials. Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Security has a lot of useful tools, like barbed wire, trenches, machine gun emplacements, and shield generators. More Vanilla Turrets, Simple Turrets, and Absolutely More Cannons will give you more options for stronger, faster, or specialised turret types, and if those aren't enough, look into the energy weapons in Rimatomics. Doors Expanded adds massive, powered blast doors which I am big fan of. Remote Tech will give you the tools for proper minefields. You also might end up wanting some kind of Reinforced Walls mod.

There's a lot more tools out there depending on what you're doing, this is just a few of the ones I like. Keep in mind that you will quickly become quite overpowered with some of this stuff though, and you might need to get the game to throw more stuff at you to compensate.

Thank you, I will for sure look into these. I am not afraid of being "overpowered" because the raids I am facing right now are absolutely massive since my colony is so rich.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Mud and rivers are both good for slowing down enemies.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

TjyvTompa posted:

Thank you, I will for sure look into these. I am not afraid of being "overpowered" because the raids I am facing right now are absolutely massive since my colony is so rich.

Turret Collection is a good one for additional artillery. Multiple rocket artillery in particular is excellent for mass bombardment.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

turrets :jerkbag:

did you know you can use brain powers through walls

e: the more I think about this the more abusable I realize it is lol

my whole entrance design doctrine revolves around forcing enemies into that choke point but what I REALLY should be doing is making them march 3 or 4 abreast, along a wall with berserk pulse / vertigo pulse / flash storm casters on the other side blowing up their brains :psypop:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 9, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

turrets :jerkbag:

did you know you can use brain powers through walls

I could swear you could do this but then I tried last version and I couldn't, I wonder if it was only specific powers.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

TjyvTompa posted:

Fortifications: Neolithic/Medieval/Industrial add a lot of really nice things, especially industrial which adds mounted anti-tank and anti-aircraft guns (Basically long range autocannon with minor explosives). Also adds much tougher machinegun bunkers that are 2x2 but substantially more health since you can pick the material.

Vanilla expanded has a few mods that add security stuff, they're pretty good but the one that edds emplaced weapons (HMG, rocket launcher, grenade launcher) are a bit lacklustre since you can't pick material and they've got very little health, so a couple grenades wrecks your expensive HMG emplacements. The rocket launcher is very good though, few things crack open a centipede better than an AP missile. I think VE also adds a flame turret which is fantastic, setting enemies on fire as they get close to your gates is a good way to dissuade them.

Rimatomics adds a sort of separate research track which gives you things like tesla coils, Obelisks of Light and massive direct fire rail guns (Single and gatling variety). Its expensive since most of the research has a steep silver cost but very powerful.

Reinforced walls lets you make reinforced walls, which are more expensive than normal walls but have a lot more health and resist explosive damage. Comes with embrasures.

Rimforge is interesting and bit weird, the main thing is that it adds copper, tin and a few alloys. Bronze is the main one though, since its a stronger, more expensive steel alternate for most things but importantly lets you save steel on a lot of things. The only actual defensive thing from it I've used is a strike drone launcher which basically lets you set up bombing runs with mortar shells. A lot more accurate but the strike drone launcher is quite expensive in the first place.

Your play style with defenses looks so boring. I've got huge explosions, mechanoids that look kraken and mount long range sieges cannons, my own mechanoids and trained war beholders.

Carcer fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 8, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I could swear you could do this but then I tried last version and I couldn't, I wonder if it was only specific powers.

that is with berserk pulse

Carcer posted:

Your play style with defenses looks so boring. I've got huge explosions, mechanoids that look kraken and mount long range sieges cannons, my own mechanoids and trained war beholders.

oh we get explosions when tech raiders and mechanoids try to get in too, they just shoot them at each other

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

pew pew kaboom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

that is with berserk pulse

Oh I see how it works, the pulse goes through walls but the targeting doesn't.

I think I was thinking of rimworld of magic's equivalent from back when, which did let you cast it through walls.