Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted:

you laugh but thermo fischer has literally grown 5 times over during COVID.

Yeah it loving owns. Eppendorf is backlogged for a goddamn year but Thermo Fisher can get me NGS consumables next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fisher has always been the mcmaster of lab equipment

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

AppleNippleBOB posted:

seems to be a difficult thing to guide. I've heard it claimed that 75% americans fit w a medium. I use a large (*and have tried a medium). I don't think that I have a huge face/head

i'd say the secure clicks run smaller than some of the other respirators, based on comparing mine to my 3m 6200 (both mediums). they both fit me, but the 6200 is almost too big for me

osprey has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Aug 9, 2021

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
average american has a higher chance of getting shot than of getting a 3rd shot

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Are there any good washable kids masks? It seems to me like it would have to lack an electrostatic filter and therefore be harder to breathe through.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im going to start an elastomeric reseller site

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Google Butt posted:

weird way to spell "become the joker"

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

hm, this didn't age well

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1392827279944867840
e: lol, article link doesn't work anymore
e2: oh sorry it does work but cnn went back and totally changed the article? lmao

e3: none of the above, i'm just an idiot. my browser hosed up or i misclicked or something. whoopsy

osprey has issued a correction as of 06:39 on Aug 9, 2021

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Google Butt posted:

call it Operation Airbridge

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

fisher has always been the mcmaster of lab equipment

when you work for a public company with a market cap in the billions, yeah

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Iron Crowned posted:

The big mistake I made initially was I didn't buy filters that were water resistant, so I had to pay really close attention to the rain. Make sure to buy filters that are designed for decontamination showers so that you don't have to sweat the walk from your car to the front door and vise versa.
3m secure click got any like that?

Which filters can withstand a little rain going from car to building

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 06:25 on Aug 9, 2021

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

How do I get a third shot? County clinic and lie about my name?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

osprey posted:

hm, this didn't age well

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1392827279944867840
e: lol, article link doesn't work anymore
e2: oh sorry it does work but cnn went back and totally changed the article? lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Glumwheels posted:

hello I am here for my first shot

oh sorry I don’t have my ID I must’ve lost it

my name? Juan Moe Dos

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

WampaLord posted:

Dumbest poster in C-Spam streak still going strong

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Juan Moe Dos

:hmmyes:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
now is the best time to go out (on a stretcher)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Glumwheels posted:

Tzen posted:

just got home from CVS, here is my 3rd Pfizer shot trip report,

3 hours ago I went to CVS's website and used a fake name, the stores address and phone number, and no other info to sign up for a 4pm shot
arrived at store and left wallet/phone/everything in the car
upon entry, the security guard admired my 3M HF-800 mask and asked what it was, where I got it, etc. I told him to google '3m secure click' and that i bought it from grainger.com
went to the pharmacy, no one was there except the tech
told her i'm here for my 4pm appointment to get my vaccine
she asks to see the confirmation email or text, i tell her i don't have that on me
she asks for my name, i give her my fake name
"oh there you are Johan, 4pm"
she asks me to go sit in the prep/shot area while she gets the jab ready
*wait*
as she's readying the shot, she asks me to confirm my birthday
confirm it without thinking (lol here is where i'm glad i used my actual birthday)
goes through the whole safety protocol etc. she's still prepping
during this time i ask if she's giving a lot of jabs, she said a few a day (lmao)
she asks for arm pref and i give
she gives me the jab
A++++++ will get jabbed a 4th time if/when needed
also lmao i got 3 loving pfizer jabs while my two kids have 0. loving love it. loving great.

Bears Unltd. posted:

go big or go home

These are all of my husband and I’s cards. Trip report on third dose:

Scheduled online at CVS, used information seen on Max and Ashley’s cards. I used the name of my elementary school bully (I’m sentimental that way), and my husband chose the comedy option. To make it easy to remember, he made his birthday 6/7/89. We both used the phone number of the Walgreen’s across town and the address of a large apartment complex in the next town over, but didn’t add the apartment number because it is optional.

We both went to each other’s appointments, but we scheduled them on different days; I don’t think this was necessary, we just did it because our schedules worked out that way. When we arrived, the tech just asked for our names and then checked us in without further questions. When we were taken back for our respective shots, the person administering the shot asked us to confirm our birthdates. I had to sign a digital consent form, but my husband did not (I guess the pharmacist knew Max was a cool guy). After the shot, they gave us our completed cards.

For those interested in side effects of the third dose, it felt very similar to the first dose for me, and my husband’s side effects were very mild. I woke up feeling fine today.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Juan Moe Dos
lmao

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

OK baizuo posted:

Lol if you think America is salvageable at this point. At least if America goes fash it will destroy itself even faster than the already unsustainable neoliberal order

Then stop pretending to give a gently caress and go back to brunch or whatever.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
you would think functioning governments would be giving out n95 equivalents to everyone for free. are there any functioning governments doing that atm? must be nice there if so

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

slippery doc posted:

So saith the LORD: "low IQ crazy Mindy prayed to me three nights in a row and insisted on getting vacinnated. Her lungs were badly bleeding. I said no!"

fucken lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

slippery doc posted:

So saith the LORD: "low IQ crazy Mindy prayed to me three nights in a row and insisted on getting vacinnated. Her lungs were badly bleeding. I said no!"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Think Less posted:

Alright, I'm unreasonably loving terrified of needles and have put off getting vaccinated like a dumbass. I finally scheduled my shots, but is there anything I need to do afterwards aside from drinking lots of water and resting?

Hey buddy, I've also got a needle phobia, and I had ridiculous anxiety going in to get my first shot. It turns out that they use an extremely tiny needle for it, and I literally did not feel it going in or out, for either shot. It's over in less than a second.

Aftercare is pretty light, yeah -- drink water and rest. First shot, you'll probably just have some soreness in that arm, and some fatigue. Second shot is a little more annoying (I had a mild fever and a full body ache) but still quite tolerable.

Props for doing the hard but right thing.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Google Butt posted:

dude yes! can I preorder a Honeywell North RU8500 in small and lilac or mint green. nobody sells them individually, only in cases of 12.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

you would think functioning governments would be giving out n95 equivalents to everyone for free. are there any functioning governments doing that atm? must be nice there if so

Korea was giving out an allowance of 2 masks per week per person in early 2020, but after manufacturing ramped up they stopped giving out free masks but told everyone they could buy as many as they wanted

Many Koreans switched to surgical because pandemic over, and now Korea is having their worst wave so far

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

ullerrm posted:

Hey buddy, I've also got a needle phobia, and I had ridiculous anxiety going in to get my first shot. It turns out that they use an extremely tiny needle for it, and I literally did not feel it going in or out, for either shot. It's over in less than a second.

Aftercare is pretty light, yeah -- drink water and rest. First shot, you'll probably just have some soreness in that arm, and some fatigue. Second shot is a little more annoying (I had a mild fever and a full body ache) but still quite tolerable.

Sounds like you got the Pfizer

Moderna has 3x the volume so it feels like they’re pushing a golf ball into your shoulder

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ropey, voluminous moderna shots

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I never said this, I said that he was the least bad Republican president since WW2.

that’s a very specific statement and one I’d defend considering his competition. that does not make him, ‘good’ hth

and you are wrong on so many levels. Chomsky had that interview that was quoted earlier in the thread explaining why trump the worst president in history. Look. I voted for Biden. At the time I was all for the lesser of two evils. At the start of his presidency, he honestly did pretty good. Is he sucking right now with all of this? Of course he is. But a lot of his policies have been or were far more progressive than Obama, and less than a year in calling him the worst of anything is just melodramatic sniveling bullshit.

do I think Biden is good? God no. The climate change thread officially broke me from having any delusions about any of that and any future presidential candidates. But Trump certainly cost us I’m guessing at least 10 years of pretending things were fine while they are not.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/EdsonCGuido/status/1424614257610481670

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

i got moderna and it didn't feel any different to me than any other shot i've gotten. definitely didn't feel like a golf ball's worth of liquid, so hopefully they didn't just give a fake shot or something

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

LionArcher posted:

and you are wrong on so many levels. Chomsky had that interview that was quoted earlier in the thread explaining why trump the worst president in history. Look. I voted for Biden. At the time I was all for the lesser of two evils. At the start of his presidency, he honestly did pretty good. Is he sucking right now with all of this? Of course he is. But a lot of his policies have been or were far more progressive than Obama, and less than a year in calling him the worst of anything is just melodramatic sniveling bullshit.

do I think Biden is good? God no. The climate change thread officially broke me from having any delusions about any of that and any future presidential candidates. But Trump certainly cost us I’m guessing at least 10 years of pretending things were fine while they are not.

sending kids off to die in schools and eliminating NPIs are pretty progressive policies, gotta hand it to him

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

LionArcher posted:

lol where was this post from

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

There was a picture of Chinese people stocking up on supplies to prepare for a lockdown and they were all wearing crappy surgical masks.

Would be smart for governments to provide some basic emergency supplies, including good masks, before a pandemic even struck. As we know from Faucis emails though, our "science-based" CDC didn't even believe they worked initially.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

god drat it did I fall for an unsourced quote again!!! :rant:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

i am harry posted:

:siren: the respirator prices are going up fast. half the sites are pricing secure clicks at $75 now instead of $35

Keep this site bookmarked, it's like a nowinstock for the secureclick (in medium)
https://octopart.com/search?q=HF-802SD&currency=USD&specs=0

edit:
small
https://octopart.com/search?q=HF-801SD&currency=USD&specs=0

large
https://octopart.com/search?q=HF-803SD&currency=USD&specs=0

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

god drat it did I fall for an unsourced quote again!!! :rant:

FACT CHECK: What is Ligma Variant? Highly Transmissible COVID-19 Strain Runs Rampant in Hospitals?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Kragger99 posted:

So for the respirator crew, what is common practice? Do you sanitize the mask between uses? How long do the filters normally last? 40H?

3m has a guide on how to properly clean and sanitize them

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/473937O/3mtm-cleaning-reusable-respirators.pdf

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

ullerrm posted:

Thank you for the serious reply. I needed blood drawn 5 years ago, and had a panic attack and passed out in the doctor's office. The pain was nothing, but the idea of needles makes me lightheaded just thinking about it.

Edit: the whole situation was stressful. I was losing my insurance after my company was bought out, and I went in to get every covered test I could before it expired.

Think Less has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Aug 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Biowarfare posted:

FACT CHECK: What is Ligma Variant? Highly Transmissible COVID-19 Strain Runs Rampant in Hospitals?

huh, what? to find out the truth about the ligma variant, I gotta go to goatse.ru? well, all riiiight