Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

on that note, waiting for tricolate to arrive, it looks really convenient on paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i got one of those clever coffee drippers like ten years ago off a gws recommendation and it's been very needs suiting

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

bob dobbs is dead posted:

coffeemaker is important enough to have multiple spares imo

fart simpson posted:

i have an espresso machine, a hario v60 pour over thing, a french press, a moka pot, two grinders, beans, preground coffee, instant espresso, and some preground, prefilled single serving pour over things at home

Penisface posted:

worst case you can always pour hot water on ground coffee

I mean, I’m definitely going to switch to the pourover rig, but that means I’m going to be fretting over it and not attending to/forgetting the rest of my morning routine because of my adhd.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

MrQueasy posted:

I mean, I’m definitely going to switch to the pourover rig, but that means I’m going to be fretting over it and not attending to/forgetting the rest of my morning routine because of my adhd.

Stringent posted:

i got one of those clever coffee drippers like ten years ago off a gws recommendation and it's been very needs suiting

just get one of those op, 80% as good as regular pourover 20% of the work

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah clever or tricolate are very low on maintenance and require close to no fussing. just avoid v60 really if you don’t want a hobby-tier distraction opportunity

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ditching my superauto phillips machine for a pourover setup also brought me the nice benefit of being acutely aware of my coffee consumption

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ditching my superauto phillips machine for a pourover setup also brought me the nice benefit of being acutely aware of my coffee consumption

cool. always looking for ways to consume more coffee

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i don’t have the best self control with bean-to-cup machines - while ive been on 2-4 cups a day for good half a year now, back in the old office job id frequently have upwards of 10 cups on any given weekday. having to grind stuff separately and then do all the pouring and whatnot brings it into perspective

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Doc Block posted:

corporate has been making some pants-on-head stupid decisions lately that have been resulting in way more work for us peons, and people’s willingness to tolerate it is rapidly disappearing.

real water in the buckets now instead of confetti?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Doc Block posted:

corporate has been making some pants-on-head stupid decisions lately that have been resulting in way more work for us peons, and people’s willingness to tolerate it is rapidly disappearing.

i most likely am going to need back surgery in the near future, as well as possibly some other severe procedures done for unrelated health problems. i still need to go places for having lab work and tests done on me, and i can't get around very well on my own right now. my very underpaid partner wants to help with this stuff, and especially wants to be around if i go under a knife, but her supervisor firmly put her foot down that there would absolutely be no time off allowed under any circumstance. so now wife is understandably looking for a new job while dealing with me. it's amazing how quickly some people in charge have forgotten how hard it can be to find good help and went straight back to the status quo of treating people like animals that can be worked into the ground for pennies on the dollar

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

god damnit beep

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

i most likely am going to need back surgery in the near future, as well as possibly some other severe procedures done for unrelated health problems. i still need to go places for having lab work and tests done on me, and i can't get around very well on my own right now. my very underpaid partner wants to help with this stuff, and especially wants to be around if i go under a knife, but her supervisor firmly put her foot down that there would absolutely be no time off allowed under any circumstance. so now wife is understandably looking for a new job while dealing with me. it's amazing how quickly some people in charge have forgotten how hard it can be to find good help and went straight back to the status quo of treating people like animals that can be worked into the ground for pennies on the dollar

it’d be unpaid but i think your wife could make a foia claim and tell her boss to stfu

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

fmla

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

:rackem:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. yes, thank you. there’s a hint for what I’m doing at work right now. :zombie:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

a real milpool moment there

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

beep has information that will lead to the arrest of hillary clinton

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

That really loving sucks dude I hope things improve for you and yours.
I fell off the back steps a couple months ago and sprained my heel bad enough that I had to putz around with a cane for a few weeks and it was the absolute pits.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/nyt_first_said/status/1424748410905759753?s=21

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fart simpson posted:

cool. always looking for ways to consume more coffee

oh yeah, i need to take my cold brew out. whoops

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cjs: Currently in an orientation with my new team and this guy scheduled a 2 hour meeting where he's just reading off slides.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cjs: consulted on a bunch of different things including doing one full design but now just waiting to hear back from people. effectively have nothing to do until a project comes up. just been slacking and mucking around in QuickSight a bit.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs knocked out a small project in two days when it was estimated to take 4. just going to spend the rest of it outside of meetings saying that i'm still working on it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nice, good poo poo!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

nice, good poo poo!

get paid the same either way :hfive:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

cjs: Currently in an orientation with my new team and this guy scheduled a 2 hour meeting where he's just reading off slides.

hi

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we are now going through a UI component by component

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have a 1:1 with my boss in 45 minutes. after that im gonna do some inclusiveness training that's about to expire. then i'll meet with the newbie i'm teaching to program and do an outside-work thing. then, after that, maybe i'll work on one of my actual projects, but other stuff might come up. we'll see!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Where's my goddamn motorcycle tire, Amazon? It's the last piece I need

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hello fart simpson

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

Where's my goddamn motorcycle tire, Amazon? It's the last piece I need

i get to go on an adventure this week

lets see if i can install this properly

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

cjs: 8 TB of deleted backups in the recycle bin on a synology

no wonder it keeps running out of space :v:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

i have a 1:1 with my boss in 45 minutes. after that im gonna do some inclusiveness training that's about to expire. then i'll meet with the newbie i'm teaching to program and do an outside-work thing. then, after that, maybe i'll work on one of my actual projects, but other stuff might come up. we'll see!

i still need to do the mandated security awareness training lol. they tried to make me do it 4 years ago but i went "look, i can complete it with one command via request forgery, not so secure now, aye!" and they got tired of my bullshit and forgot about it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

President Beep posted:

idgi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The joke is that he is a clown who works at the circus.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

hmmm, turn your monitor on

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

something something but i am pagliacci

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

someone i forget who (sorry) posted in another thread recently about a clown working in the circus and they said "well at least they get a company car" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

https://www.clownantics.com/blogs/clownantics-blog/how-to-use-a-confetti-bucket