Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

you said you messed with local routes yeah? did you delete the route you added? also worth doing "ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew" (assuming on windows)

i think i did because i cant find it
and yes i already did those they did gently caress all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

it should show up in "route print". then you can use "route delete" to get rid of it. or just reboot because you probably didn't make the route persistent

edit: lol im getting nostalgia, these are the exact same network mishaps i'd get myself into when i was first messing with poo poo back in the day

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

it should show up in "route print". then you can use "route delete" to get rid of it. or just reboot because you probably didn't make the route persistent

yeah that's the thing i didn't make it persistent but this loving problem sure is because ive rebooted about 15 times now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
usenet is the safest place to pirate stuff but it is kinda a pain in the rear end

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag can you ping the default gateway from the machine? also when you run "route print" is there more than one destination with 0.0.0.0?

edit: tbh idk if i want to keep posting tech support in the cjs thread. maybe try "route -f" then "ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew" idk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag try turning on your monitor :laugh:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hbag can you ping the default gateway from the machine? also when you run "route print" is there more than one destination with 0.0.0.0?

edit: tbh idk if i want to keep posting tech support in the cjs thread. maybe try "route -f" then "ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew" idk
1.yes
2. no, only one with a destination of 0.0.0.0

i keep saying i already tried the poo poo in your edit, it didn't work. it never works. every loving guide says to do it but it never works.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Pile Of Garbage posted:

edit: lol im getting nostalgia, these are the exact same network mishaps i'd get myself into when i was first messing with poo poo back in the day

this is basically why everyone is so tolerant of them, we’re all vicariously re-living our youth

can’t wait for hbag to get ahold of some old dos game and have a meltdown over himem

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Have you been introduced to arch linux yet hbag?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we need to get hbag into uni so we can bring back the glorious era of rogue dhcp servers b/c everybody brought their wrt from home

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

back then it was hard getting a support group to encourage and assist. the internet was far more hostile towards new blood

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

we need to get hbag into uni so we can bring back the glorious era of rogue dhcp servers b/c everybody brought their wrt from home

im already in loving uni

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hbag blogging hours

hbag posted:

im already in loving uni
it clearly isn't helping

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hbag posted:

im already in loving uni

like onsite in a dorm

jab that port into that sweet sweet network and go hogge wilde

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

i'm proud of hbag for not letting being unable to access the internet impede his post rate

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

1.yes
2. no, only one with a destination of 0.0.0.0

i keep saying i already tried the poo poo in your edit, it didn't work. it never works. every loving guide says to do it but it never works.

geez dude chill out. broken computer isn't the end of the world. i should know ive broken poo poo tons of them, both at home and at work.

it's a bit hard to troubleshoot stuff like this via a forum, especially when it's not clear what you have and havnae tried. i dont think i can be helpful anymore but ill just ask one last thing that maybe you haven't tried but if not you should because honestly it unfucks heaps of poo poo: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-network-connection-issues-in-windows-10-166a28c4-14c1-bdb1-473c-09c1571455d8

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

geez dude chill out. broken computer isn't the end of the world. i should know ive broken poo poo tons of them, both at home and at work.

it's a bit hard to troubleshoot stuff like this via a forum, especially when it's not clear what you have and havnae tried. i dont think i can be helpful anymore but ill just ask one last thing that maybe you haven't tried but if not you should because honestly it unfucks heaps of poo poo: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-network-connection-issues-in-windows-10-166a28c4-14c1-bdb1-473c-09c1571455d8

tried all that lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
copy and paste your route table. or take a picture of it. i have a suspicion of whats wrong

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

copy and paste your route table. or take a picture of it. i have a suspicion of whats wrong

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yeah so two default routes lol. did you run "route -f"?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

great now there IS two 0.0.0.0 for some reason
there wasn't before i rebooted

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pile Of Garbage posted:

yeah so two default routes lol. did you run "route -f"?

yes i ran route /f

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

that’s on two different interfaces, do you have your Ethernet and WiFi connected at the same time

or two ethernets

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

The Fool posted:

that’s on two different interfaces, do you have your Ethernet and WiFi connected at the same time

or two ethernets

i have ethernet and wifi connected but even if its just 1 of them it doesn't work

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Jonny 290 posted:

i am always utterly fuckin gobsmacked at how many sprinklers are running every night in denver. there's one path that backs up to the country club down the street and man they are just yeeting 1000 gpm and you can tell like 70% of it just evaporates before it even hits the ground.

upside for me is that there's a very nice cooling breeze effect from that, but i'd rather not have that and, you know, have some drinking water

i remember encountering a lot of sprinklers when i grew up in the desert

if you want to live where the earth is alive (like i did), move somewhere else, don't try to shoehorn an entire biome into your front yard. denver is more alive than a desert and i sure it has amazing native plants

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

golf should be changed so the only landscaping allowed is a 20 foot radius putting green around each hole. all the rest of the course needs to be natural terrain for the environment.

like golfing in phoenix? learn to bank off boulders and shoot around cactus

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

why is there loving nothing they can help with my issue
i have read every guide I can find and they all say to do the same poo poo that never works

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

why is there loving nothing they can help with my issue
i have read every guide I can find and they all say to do the same poo poo that never works

the guides all say the same thing because that’s what your supposed to do
you’re missing something else in your environment

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

it was my vpn throwing a loving fit because i uninstalled it apparently
reinstalled it with an installer i hadnt deleted and now its working fine

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

watching hbag be hostile to people they're demanding free tech support from is kinda funny but also kinda fremdschämen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm endlessly baffled by people who think it's a good idea to janitor their home network and set it up with the same bullshit configurations and equipment they have to deal with at their job.

i have a single toiletpaperlink router and it does everything you could possibly want (read: connects all my devices, doesn't require maintenance) and the most i've ever had to janitor it is forward a few ports.

sheesh

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
now you even take away the drat job and you have hbag

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

i'm endlessly baffled by people who think it's a good idea to janitor their home network and set it up with the same bullshit configurations and equipment they have to deal with at their job.

i have a single toiletpaperlink router and it does everything you could possibly want (read: connects all my devices, doesn't require maintenance) and the most i've ever had to janitor it is forward a few ports.

sheesh

i got all the "home lab" poo poo out of my system when i spent like $250 plus $30 a month power bill to run old, slow, hot cisco poo poo in my computer room bEcAuSe iT cOuLd dO vLaNs wHiCh I nEeDeD foR rEasOns

gently caress that poo poo. i dont even think about my edgerouter or unifi APs unless i log into the former to figure out the IP of whatever raspberry pi i just bought

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hbag posted:

it was my vpn throwing a loving fit because i uninstalled it apparently
reinstalled it with an installer i hadnt deleted and now its working fine

The Fool posted:

you’re missing something else in your environment

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

what little “home labbing” I do these days I just do in a cloud service

my home network consists of google WiFi and iOS devices and I never have to think about it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's always the answer to "this was working yesterday!!!!"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

watching hbag be hostile to people they're demanding free tech support from is kinda funny but also kinda fremdschämen

same poo poo I deal with all the time as a local knower of things in IRC channels, even just this morning someone flamed out because we asked what it was they were trying to *accomplish* instead of just blindly throwing pseudocode or whatever at them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
look at all this shameful computer janitoring

i dont come to the funny computer forum to read about computers ffs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

flakeloaf posted:

lawns are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Only network janitoring I've done is to get VLANs working to lock down IoT poo poo and run cat6 through a few rooms.

Still need to run some to my office but uugggh. Probably going to have to go up into the attic then drop down to the basement