Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) NJPW Summer Struggle 10.08

Just a bunch of extremely cool and talented guys beating the absolute piss out of each other (and yes, even BUSHI was great here somehow). Also Big Tom is still the best wrestler in the world.

Heck yeah Nth

All hail :yoshihashi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) NJPW Summer Struggle 10.08

Just a bunch of extremely cool and talented guys beating the absolute piss out of each other (and yes, even BUSHI was great here somehow). Also Big Tom is still the best wrestler in the world.

HM from me, really fun match, great ending, and basically justified an extremely underwhelming undercard.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Doudrop vs Alexa Bliss, WWE RAW, 8/9/21.

Alexa sucks. Doudrop looks like a complete moron. There isn't a single women's wrestler in the world I can think of that is worse than Eva Marie.

Nth.

Doudrop had to sell for a doll winking.

Even if you can dismiss this as like "Oh Alexa rigged the doll to wink with a remote control", even if you're fine with "The doll is actually alive or possessed by a demon".... a doll winked at someone and they sold it and then lost the match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up the the weekday shows

NJPW Summer Struggle August 9th
HM
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori) vs Bullet Club (Dick Togo and Gedo)
- This was a ton of fun, fiery babyface ELP is a hell of a thing

Roppongi 3k (SHO and YOH) vs Master Wato and Ryusuke Taguchi
- Wato continues to get better, Coach continues to do Coach things, and R3K continued their tag league story. Good times

NJPW Summer Struggle August 10th
MOTYC
Chaos (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) (c) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Sanada and BUSHI) - NEVER Openweight 6-man Championships
- It continues to be incredible that after years of these belts being the biggest afterthought they suddenly became one of the best things in the company. Of course Goto and Ishii are great in their own right, but my boy Yoshi-Hashi has elevated these belts because of how much he CARES. This is his first ever title and even a year into his reign he's going to fight tooth and nail to defend it, even against the dastardly Bushi and friends.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley, Hell in a Cell, June 20

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss (with the inspiration of Jack the Ripper, LILY) vs. Doudrop, Raw August 10

gently caress you pal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

TJPW Don't Miss The Signs 7/10

HM: Maki Itoh, Yuki Kamifuku, Nao Kakuta, Marika Kobashi, Mirai Maiumi vs. Hyper Misao, Shoko Nakajima, Mizuki, Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe

2nd this

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dark #102 - August 10
HM: 2.0 vs Adrian Alanis & Liam Gray
HM: Bear Country vs Chaos Project
HM: Darby Allin vs Invictus Khash
HM: QT Marshall vs Alan V Angels
HM: Daniel Garcia vs Fuego Del Sol
HM: TH2 vs & Jay Freddie & Marcus Kross
HM: Lucha Bros vs Cezar Bononi & JD Drake
HM: Tay Conti vs Robyn Renegade
HM: Private Party vs Chuck Taylor & Wheeler Yuta

drat fine dark, Jay Freddie and Invictus Khash were standout jobbers imo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 8/10

HM: Alan "5" Angels vs. QT Marshall
HM: Fuego Del Sol vs. Daniel Garcia
HM: Bear Country vs. Chaos Project

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Summer Vacation Tour July 15th
MOTYC
Chris Brookes (c) vs Shinya Aoki (c) - DDT Extreme & Iron Man Heavymetalweight Championships - No DQ, No Submission Match
- What a stipulation, everything is legal unless it's life threatening. Except submissions, all submisisons are illegal (like ref Matsui was even giving them the five count for armringers at the beginning :laffo:). Watching these two guys fumble about and still put on a compelling match without the vast majority of their offence was absolutely fascinating. I've said it before and i'll say it again, DDT at it's best is far beyond wrestling, it's art.

HM
Eruption (Saki Akai, Yukio Sakaguchi and Kazusada Higuchi) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) and Keigo Nakamura
- Eruption continue to be the goddamn coolest, Harashima and Yoshimura still hit like trucks, and poor Keigo Nakamura got the piss beaten out of him, as is his wont

Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Makoto Oishi and Yusuke Okada) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO and Shunma Katsumata)
- Those Sauna boys are loving superstars, considering the oldest guy is only 28 if they can stay healthy they could carry the company on their back for the next decade plus. Uncle Jun was pretty quiet here, but Oishi and particularly Okada were working real hard to make up for it

2nd these as well. Aoki vs Brookes is so great and brutal and cool and funny. DDT is to be treasured. Aoki's music rules too

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 11, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 8/09
HM: The Sydal Bros vs The Lucha Bros

nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Agreed

GET BACK UP !

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dark #102 - August 10
HM: 2.0 vs Adrian Alanis & Liam Gray
HM: Bear Country vs Chaos Project
HM: QT Marshall vs Alan V Angels

nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th August
Dragon Gate Gate of Adventure
Naruki Doi & Kenichiro Arai & Ryo Saito vs Konomama Ichikawa & Shachihoko Boy & Yosuke♡Santa Maria

Konomama Ichikawa is king

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
11th August
HIGH-END (YAMATO/Dragon Kid/Kagetora) vs NATURAL VIBES (Kzy/Susumu Yokosuka/King Shimizu) vs MASQUERADE (Jason Lee & Dragon Dia & La Estrella) vs RED (Kaito Ishida/SB KENTo/HYO)

Exactly the sort of match Dragon Gate are so good at. Just a bit of comedy & then non stop boom boom boom action.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From Money in the Bank on July 18:

MOTYC: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley
MOTYC: Men's Money in the Bank
HM: Edge vs. Roman Reigns

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th August
HIGH-END (YAMATO/Dragon Kid/Kagetora) vs NATURAL VIBES (Kzy/Susumu Yokosuka/King Shimizu) vs MASQUERADE (Jason Lee & Dragon Dia & La Estrella) vs RED (Kaito Ishida/SB KENTo/HYO)

Exactly the sort of match Dragon Gate are so good at. Just a bit of comedy & then non stop boom boom boom action.
Nth for the EXCITING BATTLE

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From TakeOver: Vengeance Day on February 14

HM: Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez vs. Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart
MOTYC: Kushida vs. Johnny Gargano

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
19th July
Marvelous 5th Anniversary
AZM & Mei Hoshizuki vs. Mio Momono & Starlight Kid

Bit of a flat show until this match. Mio & Starlight Kid is a fun team.

MOTYC
19th July
Marvelous 5th Anniversary
HIBIKI vs Takumi Iroha

And that's how you come back from injury.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Daunte Martin & Sydals vs. Kenny Omega & Young Bucks, Dynamite, 8/11

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Dante Martin & The Sydal Brothers - AEW Dynamite 8/11

What a great opener, and holy poo poo Dante Martin is loving incredible.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

Hell yes nth

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Dante Martin & The Sydal Brothers - AEW Dynamite 8/11

Nth.

Dante Martin is a loving superstar.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely. I thought The Acclaimed were going to go on the back-burner because of what Max Caster did but Dante broke the hell out, that was a hell of a Trio's match.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 12, 2021

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Punch McLightning posted:

Nth, worth it just for Dante glitching out for 5 minutes

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
it turns out quote is indeed not edit.

lmao.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Absolutely. I thought The Acclaimed were going to go on the back-burner because of what Max Caster did but Dante broke the hell out, that was a hell of a Trio's match.

Dante Martin was always a member of the acclaimed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Dante Martin is actually Dante from DMC

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Dante Martin was always a member of the acclaimed
you heard it here first!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

karmicknight posted:

it turns out quote is indeed not edit.

lmao.

No idea what you're talking about

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

MOTYC: Junpei Hyde vs the Edit Button

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Allin vs. Garcia, Dynamite, 8/11

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dante Martin and Antony Bowens were always The Acclaimed, idk what you're talking about.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Solid Nth.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Senerio posted:

nth

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dynamite 8/11
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Young Bucks vs Dante Martin & Sydal Bros
HM: Darby Allin vs Daniel Garcia
HM: Orange Cassidy, Wheeler Yuta & Chuck Taylor vs Matt Hardy & Private Party
HM: Nyla Rose vs Kris Statlander
HM: Good Brothers (c) vs Evil Uno & Stu Grayson - Impact Tag Team Championships

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/11
HM: Nyla Rose vs Kris Statlander

This for me.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/11

Nth from me. These were the two stand out matches, but Dynamite has hit that point where every match is pretty much at least an HM now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
11th August
Naruki Doi & Kenichiro Arai & Ryo Saito vs Konomama Ichikawa & Shachihoko Boy & Yosuke♡Santa Maria

Konomama Ichikawa is king

Yes

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
11th August

Yes

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/11

and Yes. Dante was reminding me of a young Dragon Kid going insane.