Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Is Dave Chappelle a Republican or sympathetic to them? Dunno.

Is he a complete fuckhead? Oh, absolutely. 100%. He sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

counterpoint: he's a hell of a lot funnier than you are

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Stringent posted:

bad news man, being rich is dem thing now.

wow no more rich republicans?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

President Beep posted:

wow no more rich republicans?

the rich ones all became democrats, sorry

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Stringent posted:

the rich ones all became democrats, sorry

:thunk:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2021/07/27/billionaire-charles-koch-on-why-cannabis-should-be-legal/?sh=482e32544a73

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stringent posted:

counterpoint: he's a hell of a lot funnier than you are
And you're funnier than both of us until you pull up your pants, you poo poo-eating moron.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

And you're funnier than both of us until you pull up your pants, you poo poo-eating moron.

you're just proving my point

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i dont have a strong opinion on dave chapelle because ive never watched his show or listened to his standup or really cared about him other than occasionally piping up with "I'm rick james, bitch" in the year of our lord 2021 because bringing up long dead and thoroughly beaten memes out of context can be funny

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Stringent posted:

:wrong:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fatty is easily in the top five posters of the subforum, not the popularity fight to take

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stringent posted:

Suck my rear end, simp

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
dave chapelle was extremely funny back in the day. i don't know that he's really doing comedy any more

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: github very unstable. this doesn't have to prevent me from working, but it will

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Suck my rear end, simp

dave chappelle is funnier than you or i will ever be. this is just a fact you have to live with.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

prefect posted:

dave chapelle was extremely funny back in the day. i don't know that he's really doing comedy any more

His newer stuff was okay minus the trans stuff. I think you can enjoy stuff without endorsing their politics.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AnimeIsTrash posted:

His newer stuff was okay minus the trans stuff. I think you can enjoy stuff without endorsing their politics.

i haven't even seen his newer stuff :shrug:

(i'm always way behind the hipness curve)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the trans stuff was cringe, but it wasn't hateful. he's just old, sic transit gloria mundi.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

every male classmate i had said “im rick james, bitch” approximately seven hundred times a day back then
i wonder from time to time if the war economy of social media shitposting has reduced this phenomenon compared to say 20-30 years ago. do the catchphrase enthusiasts now leave it all on the field online?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
topical, i was bored the other night and tried to crank through a few eps of chappelle's show

it aged so, so, so badly

i'd say that the only skit that wasn't really offensive to _me_ was Wu-Tang Financial, and that still had a "haha, imagine if rappers knew about financial stuff" tinge to it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jonny 290 posted:

topical, i was bored the other night and tried to crank through a few eps of chappelle's show

it aged so, so, so badly

i'd say that the only skit that wasn't really offensive to _me_ was Wu-Tang Financial, and that still had a "haha, imagine if rappers knew about financial stuff" tinge to it

imma take you at face value here. you should read up on how kpop and jpop idols are treated.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I think you can enjoy stuff without endorsing their politics.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stringent posted:

dave chappelle is funnier than you or i will ever be. this is just a fact you have to live with.
Okay, sure, he's funnier than I am (certainly more adept at hiring joke writers than I have ever proved to be) and most definitely wealthier than I will ever be, but—and I want you to pay real close attention to this next part, you smug rear end in a top hat—neither of those things are adequate justification for not being lovely about things because they don't affect you and the most dire consequence you are likely to face—oh no criticism!—you bitch endlessly about.

It's a big picture thing. I may be poor and I may not be funny, but at least I'm not under hot lights making jokes about metoo and molested kids and, on a smaller scale, at least I'm not your dumb, aging edgelord rear end.

Now gently caress off.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lemme tell you, it's super fun and cool to be "politics"

Stringent posted:

the trans stuff was cringe, but it wasn't hateful.
Yeah, that's not your call to make.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

go gently caress yourself, because it is. i am perfectly entitled to decide how i feel about anything.

i don't agree with him about some stuff, but i think he's a really gifted comedian, and i like comedians so suck my rear end.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao at the guy who can't tell the difference between his personal feelings on stuff and well-ackshuallying at a trans woman who said that something was hateful to trans people

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

also some guy in this irc channel started throwing a fit because someone used the word "by definition" in an argument about network topologies when "it isnt in the dictionary"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

there is no difference between me saying "i cant see red" and me saying "red doesn't exist." if you tell me red exists, ill say "go gently caress yourself, because it [doesnt]. i am perfectly entitled to decide how i feel about anything" bc i am a well adjusted adult

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Stringent posted:

go gently caress yourself, because it is. i am perfectly entitled to decide how i feel about anything.

i don't agree with him about some stuff, but i think he's a really gifted comedian, and i like comedians so suck my rear end.

shut the gently caress up you massive brainlet
"it wasnt hateful"
"i, a trans person, think that you shouldnt be making the call on that one chief"
"SHUT THE gently caress UP GO gently caress YOURSELF I AM ENTITLED TO DECIDE HOW I FEEL"

eat flaming death you loving troglodyte

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i dont care about your irc drama hbag

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

honestly? i fuckin love drama.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

irc drama is generally pretty tepid but I'll take what i can get

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The forums are spicy today

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

The forums are spicy today

The italians are up in arms

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

hbag posted:

shut the gently caress up you massive brainlet
"it wasnt hateful"
"i, a trans person, think that you shouldnt be making the call on that one chief"
"SHUT THE gently caress UP GO gently caress YOURSELF I AM ENTITLED TO DECIDE HOW I FEEL"

eat flaming death you loving troglodyte

people are entitled to decide how they feel yes.

you of all people should appreciate that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

even by sa standards that’s a dumb hill to pick

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

honestly? i fuckin love drama.

ugh, same. ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan