Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I dunno about everyone else but I've stopped playing until at least the next patch comes out. It'd be nice to have those 2 new maps sooner rather than later also, but its probably gonna be awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Diogines posted:

So is this very, very fun game hosed? It had every server full at launch and maybe 10k+ players. Last night it had about 500.

Would a patch fixing performance issues and letting people play with friends save it or is it too late?

Why do small incremental patches to show progress when you can make a huge post, never patch for 3 weeks and try to delete all evidence about the announced patch? Oh yeah and then show off upcoming weapon skins.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I just did a quick count of every server with a popular of more than 1.

318 people are playing right now, with a single 64 server full and the second 64 server at 53 people.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Diogines posted:

I just did a quick count of every server with a popular of more than 1.

318 people are playing right now, with a single 64 server full and the second 64 server at 53 people.

How are you seeing the matchmaking servers? Those don't show up on the server browser right?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am not. And that is apparently true, no way to know how many are on match making.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Beta had the party bug on PC, I never would imagine 3 months later the bug would still exist this is going to go on some hall of fame of easily avoidable fuckups, all my friends have stopped playing because of it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why do small incremental patches to show progress when you can make a huge post, never patch for 3 weeks and try to delete all evidence about the announced patch? Oh yeah and then show off upcoming weapon skins.

This remains the most mind-boggling decision.

Matchmaking has been quick and gives me relatively full servers quickly but it does seem a bit less populated as a game overall. It takes longer for a half-time server to fill up now for sure.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Welp, that was quick. Guess I shouldn't bother if it ever comes to Steam.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Hey, they might release the patch by the time it comes to Steam!

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
It might get better when the early access finish and the game release on steam.
The game has had pretty much 0 update since release, people are bored. And it’s summer.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Yeah to be honest I keep playing because I don't play much, if I played 8h/day like some sperglords do I would be bored already too.

Though, 8hrs of morningstar overheads? Sure! Thwack thwack thwack

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Ain’t nothin like drinking milk straight from the cow

Chiv 1 was janky and I expect nothing less from Chiv 2. The best dang game in the whole wide world!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

just came out of a game where one team had 8 bots and the other team was all human???????? wassup

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I have played 0 hours since they told the world that the spear was TOO OP TO BE LEFT ALIVE,

but then left it alive anyway.

A) deleting a weapon from your game to fix it is like, wtf?
B) not actually deleting the weapon you say is too powerful
C) """""""""""post launch support""""""""""

D), although also really A1) I am loving tired of workarounds and troubleshooting for basic game functions like matchmaking. This is not just a CHiv2 thing, but something endemic to the industry, if you were to only take the new games I'm playing anyway.

so, for these reasons, and frankly, many others (spawn system being among them) i will say the game was enjoyable but give it a hearty 1/10 score with a strong avoid at all costs rating.

also the game seems dead as poo poo, its not rare to just run into the same players. probably even less rare now that a month has gone by since i played.

E: also, i refuse to grant amnesty for low population based on the season, when they still haven't fixed matchmaking :shrug:

Worf fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 21, 2021

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

if this actually makes all the no life no fun sperglords abandon the game because the party issues (which are by far the most-lamented ones) mean they can't dunk on newbies togheter with their just-as-horrible friends, I'd consider it a win

I want to play with fun people, and sperglords are the opposite of fun most of the time

E: patch out in about 2 hours!

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 22, 2021

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Counter point: I bought two copies day one so my son and I could play together, and only rarely have we managed to do that successfully.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://chivalry2.com/2021/06/28/upcoming-chivalry-2-update-patch-2-0-1/

Patch should be up now, I think!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

TorakFade posted:

if this actually makes all the no life no fun sperglords abandon the game because the party issues (which are by far the most-lamented ones) mean they can't dunk on newbies togheter with their just-as-horrible friends, I'd consider it a win

I want to play with fun people, and sperglords are the opposite of fun most of the time

E: patch out in about 2 hours!

Ah yes those other people, the sperglords that want a functioning product so they can play with their social group while you can go queue alone and die alone

Those other guys sure are weird yes

I also hope they don't fix it, mainly because I am equally ok playing this game or watching it poo poo itself into DOA status like I predicted it would

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Statutory Ape posted:

Ah yes those other people, the sperglords that want a functioning product so they can play with their social group while you can go queue alone and die alone

Those other guys sure are weird yes

I also hope they don't fix it, mainly because I am equally ok playing this game or watching it poo poo itself into DOA status like I predicted it would

No, no, I really actually meant the no life no fun sperglords. I am sorry if anyone feels attacked, but seeing what some people write in chat (yeah that's kinda on me for not disabling chat immediately and forever, but at times it's useful or funny) makes it abundantly clear what I am talking about :) and I hate them :argh:

There is no doubt that they have to step up the patching if the game is to survive, though, and not just fixes but new content. They promised it, let's see if they deliver.

It's not like I am going back to mordhau or chiv1 if I want to play a melee slasher, anyways :v:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I never even consider who might be in a party on my servers, they’re too low on the scoreboard to even think about.

You shouldn’t really fault people for being good at the game or wanting to play with their friends. Both are perfectly reasonable things to do.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

its happening

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

quote:

Bandage kits no longer deal damage to teammates. Friendly archers are better at this already!

Aww

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Wait a minute... Isn't thrown medkit a footman only skill? Or have I been overlooking away to throw medkits as archer this whole time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

Wait a minute... Isn't thrown medkit a footman only skill? Or have I been overlooking away to throw medkits as archer this whole time.

I thought it was a joke about friendly archers being better at causing friendly fire than footmen ever were with their medbags.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I heard the patch made the lag really awful. Anyone play since the patch dropped?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I played 2 rounds and didn't notice any lag.

I haven't tried PC parties functionality yet but... I did notice that Agatha can still hide out of bounds so Coxwell can still be unwinnable for Mason, there's still no overtime on Lionspire so if your trebuchet bomb is ticking down and the timer gets to 0:00 (or whenever the game decides it's close enough to 0:00, gently caress you) gg no re, oh and you still switch to fists instead of your 3rd weapon if you throw #1 and #2. :cmon:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Counters take Stam now which is bad for high skill players. 1h spear is out. And they added and fixed hair colors.

The lag definitely is noticeable. I don’t know if it’s net worse but it’s different for sure.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Counter stam makes sense, though that's gonna make wading through crowds of enemies slightly less comfortable

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

But doesn't the super block last through your entire riposte/counter attack now though? Including if you feint into a heavy attack?

Seems like that would more than make up for that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Played with SSweaterLive today while he was streaming. He managed to survive the peasant phase of Coxswell, and get to work with a mace and shield. Not dying the whole time. I topped the scoreboard and healed him a few times but it was definitely cool to see.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jimbot posted:

I heard the patch made the lag really awful. Anyone play since the patch dropped?

Yes. The patch is horrible and the game feels noticeably worse. Lag, rubber banding, getting dropped, massive ping spikes, screens randomly turns black for some matches...Jesus it's bad.

This happened earlier though. I was just zoned out spamming r2 swing and thought I was dead but they just kept dying. I know this is nothing to be proud of but it's definitely something the other team should be ashamed of lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mErocIcRp-Y

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

New Chivalry 2 patch today!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Did they make it better or worse

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Nice, the game badly needed more maps

I'll try it out later

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

Did they make it better or worse

New thread title

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://chivalry2.com/2021/08/10/update-house-galencourt/

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

I got flattened under a falling Gazebo I'm gonna call it a good update

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 10, 2021

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Oh hey new female voices and armor sets. That's cool. I'll probably come back to this if the population hasn't cratered.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

quote:

- Radius of catapult damage decreased
- Death impulse from catapult now makes players fly away from the impact instead of straight up into the air

Utterly ruined game, 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Everything feels shite now ffs