Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

i mean i do like that couch?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

big wheede

:weed:

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

(eyes bloodshot, nervous at the construction supply store) do you... do you have any green bricks

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/terryhintzfan/status/1424559337251373056?s=19

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

a guest i wouldn't mind

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yo frog

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

he's so happy :3

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

:getin:

e: let the ribbit one in

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

heading off to the gas station?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

missed all lan parties both last and this year, pretty sad about it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

no printer, 0/5

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

it is a panopticon, my dudes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

flakeloaf posted:

it is a panopticon, my dudes

panhopticon

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

rotor posted:

panhopticon

gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Every single loving day when i come home this little frog just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

infernal machines posted:

Every single loving day when i come home this little frog just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

turn on your monitor

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

A legit westaboo. I love it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lord take me from this mortal coil before I spend more of my life making such worthless crap
https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1425174293957259267?s=20

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Bluemillion posted:

on the other hand it’s scary to think that someone out there might really want to be a texan that badly

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

echinopsis posted:

lord take me from this mortal coil before I spend more of my life making such worthless crap

hail sat…Nintendo joycons

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

echinopsis posted:

it's official: allsorts are the candy of satan

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

it's official: allsorts are the candy of satan
hail

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Bluemillion posted:

they're even dicknosing authentically

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

echinopsis posted:

Your imposter syndrome is acting up again. Keep calm and keep making cool poo poo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/TaurusSnowFox/status/1420583633107230720?s=19

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bluemillion posted:

Your imposter syndrome is acting up again. Keep calm and keep making cool poo poo.

i’m mostly thinking about what I want to do and achieve in my life and as much as I enjoy seeing what
I can make with a renderer, it’s also kind of a weird waste of time. like i’ll spend whole evenings and stay up till 2:30am, before having to get up at 6:20 to get kids ready and to school and me to work, just fiddling with a setting or trying out different colours or whatever, and well, why? three year old instagram account that has less than a hundred followers? either the world isn’t ready for a large variety nonsensical very-average-compared-to-contemporary renders, or the world doesn’t want it. I’m too poo poo for it to ever become a job like as a designer, and I dislike my day job enough that I really need to spend my time finding a solution to that like upskilling somehow or idk.

what I am trying to say is that rodtronics is pointless and time put into it is as well. imagine if the part of me that has seemingly endless energy for fiddling parameters and making renderings could be aimed at something that actually improves my life.

eh apologies for the emotional dump. i’ll probably continue to make poo poo because it’s a good escape but I’m can’t fool myself into thinking it’s toward something

this isn’t a bad thing.

yeah maybe

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
most people, myself included, only consume media. having a project you work on that creates something, even if it is just for you, is pretty cool IMO.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

it's cute. i would make love to it compile gcc on it under the setting sun

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/sulkingtime/status/1424803840839278596

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sorry for the ritalin thing, I posted it before catching up on the thread

Nuts and Gum posted:

most people, myself included, only consume media. having a project you work on that creates something, even if it is just for you, is pretty cool IMO.

This.

I think if you enjoy making it, it is worthwhile.

But regardless, Binging with Babish was a guy who worked in the vfx industry and pivoted to cooking. Maybe the best way to turn it into a Job of sorts (if you want to do that) is to use it as a portfolio for either a digital arts course (where they will probably go over turning-into-a-business and stuff), or to a job posting you think will hire you.

Or you could go into mentoring, etc. by doing detailed writeups on how you make them. I think most people in Tech that are in the places they want to be, have kept blogs or logs or whatever that cover what they are working on and explain things, it's not my style (the activity of "making a post" for me is separate or whatever to whatever im doing at the time) but it doesn't mean it's not worth giving it a try.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Nuts and Gum posted:

That's how I feel about my years-long passion project, Blacula Goes to the Paper Chase.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

same, cliff, same

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

that doesn't work on the newer ones and old ones with the software update. the invocation still exists, put your finger between the water and all drinks buttons near the lower left of the screen.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i'm very disappointed that this is just a concept render for a company selling that keyboard

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Progressive JPEG posted:

same, cliff, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
building cyber rova seems like a thing you do so you can post it on r/cyberrigs but I can imagine once you’ve built it and you’re sitting down at your complete raspberry pi box, it dawns on you that you’ve based your personality around a computer than can’t do poo poo. but now you’re committed so you have to pretend like it’s great and then the rest of the community sees that and they themselves feel the same way but see others having fun so they think the problem must be with them, maybe if they had more usb ports they’d be happy with their cyber rig

and so the cycle continues. a tale as old as time