Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Slotducks posted:

I also don't see any eggs in there

Yeah! Wtf!

They just made nachos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I put Costco's meat in me today.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Bumble Dong posted:

In other news, bought the frozen lasagna everyone was raving about. Lives up to the hype for sure

Good to hear. As I mentioned previously in the thread about a month ago, my wife got me a chest freezer for my birthday and I bought the two-pack of lasagnas a couple weeks ago. Since it's stormy and cooler out today I'm gonna throw one in the oven later.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

pro-tip on premade cannelloni, the best way to prepare them is fried a bit crispy in a nonstick, like an open ended dumpling (cause thats what they are!!)

not good for the diet though lol

I'll try this next time. Probably my favorite take-n-bake item.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Does costco still sell diaper genie refills at all?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redreader posted:

They do here! (Burnaby, BC, Canada)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If you're currently choking on smoke, those Winx air purifiers are on sale again for $100 with 2 years of filters.

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

If you're currently choking on smoke, those Winx air purifiers are on sale again for $100 with 2 years of filters.

https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

Those are pretty drat good. I picked two up when they came up in this thread a few months ago. My living room one will go to yellow (out of green, yellow, red for obvious reasons) if I've had my oven on and it picks up the propane (maybe?).

My bedroom one goes to yellow when I'm sleeping there which I can only imagine picking up the alcohol from my breath. :shrug:

What I'm saying is they're pretty sensitive.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Does it change color if you fart.

Does the severity of the color change match with the severity of the fart?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yeah! Wtf!

They just made nachos!

Haha I fooled you! I just made wet green chile and chorizo nachos!

I actually made some for breakfast too with an egg but wasn't up to another egg.

And I used grocery store Mexican cheese.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Renegret posted:

Multiple people have posted that they do in this thread but I don't know if that's real or not.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Renegret posted:

It absolutely does.

My kids get a kick out of it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Multiple people have posted that they do in this thread but I don't know if that's real or not.

It absolutely does and it's not just a thread thing. Reviews on the Costco site claim the same

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Living in Denver and the bad air this week convinced me to get one. Thanks for sharing the sale! I think I'll set it up in the bedroom so I can breathe clean air while I sleep.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I should fart on my purifier.

edit:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Costco: I should fart on my purifier

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

redreader posted:

Haven’t seen them at my ‘Co in months.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I finally started using the Kirkland stir fry veggie melange in my curries, and it's been fantastic. Very low effort way to get some real life vitamins and junk.

The Small Batch 1792 bourbon is really really good. I'm very excited to try the bottled in bond and barrel strength varieties when they hit my store.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

I finally started using the Kirkland stir fry veggie melange in my curries, and it's been fantastic. Very low effort way to get some real life vitamins and junk.

:hmmyes:

I just need to find a supplier of massive amounts of tofu and paneer and I'll be fuckin set

Once I get my chest freezer :getin:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

Haha I fooled you! I just made wet green chile and chorizo nachos!

I actually made some for breakfast too with an egg but wasn't up to another egg.

And I used grocery store Mexican cheese.

:catstare:

* crys in Mexican *

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

:catstare:

* crys in Mexican *

I know what would cheer you up, I'll go microwave you a nice quesadilla.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jokes on you, that's how we get the cheese nice n mealty! :smug:

Really, heat up the tortilla on a comal put cheese on it nuke it for 8 seconds in the microwave. Easy party snack!

I actually never bought any tortillas at Costco so if anyone has lemme know how they are

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I found these dark chocolate covered coconut almonds at Aldi a few weeks back and despite not being a huge fan of coconut, I really enjoyed them. They were like the child of a Mounds and an Almond Joy. At my trip to Costco this past weekend I found a bag of the same type of confection, so I grabbed one. Sadly, they are not quite as good as the Aldi variety: the chocolate is much closer to milk than dark chocolate, and there's a tad too much coconut. I'll still eat them as they're tasty, but buyer beware.

Also tried some of their adult alcohol freeze pops, which are pretty tasty. The strawberry is my favorite, followed by the watermelon hibiscus. The lime is good but really a bit too sour. Protip: squeeze them into some sort of vessel rather than trying to eat them like an ice pop, as they're just a tad too wide to comfortably eat without slicing the corners of your mouth with sharp plastic.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Jokes on you, that's how we get the cheese nice n mealty! :smug:

Really, heat up the tortilla on a comal put cheese on it nuke it for 8 seconds in the microwave. Easy party snack!

I actually never bought any tortillas at Costco so if anyone has lemme know how they are

The raw tortillas are suuuper good. Would definitely recommend them

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yesterday I went to Costco (in Oregon) where there is no mask mandate on any level. One of the receipt checkers had on a mask. Ok cool and good, I have a N95 on, stroll on up to them with my purchase. Then I see they are wearing one of those fake masks made of see through netting or whatever.

Why would you voluntarily wear a mask that doesn't do anything? Why not just no mask? So bizarre.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

The Midniter posted:

I found these dark chocolate covered coconut almonds at Aldi a few weeks back and despite not being a huge fan of coconut, I really enjoyed them. They were like the child of a Mounds and an Almond Joy.

This description is confusing as they are the exact same candy bar with the caveat: Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.

Why is that jingle still stuck in my brain after all these years??

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

CaptainCrunch posted:

This description is confusing as they are the exact same candy bar with the caveat: Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.

Why is that jingle still stuck in my brain after all these years??

Almond Joy is milk chocolate, Mounds is dark chocolate.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

The Midniter posted:

Almond Joy is milk chocolate, Mounds is dark chocolate.

I see someone paid attention in candy class

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Well poo poo I have been schooled.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this nongshim 'tonjotsu premium ramen' is pretty bad. very bland.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Midniter posted:

I found these dark chocolate covered coconut almonds at Aldi a few weeks back and despite not being a huge fan of coconut, I really enjoyed them. They were like the child of a Mounds and an Almond Joy. At my trip to Costco this past weekend I found a bag of the same type of confection, so I grabbed one. Sadly, they are not quite as good as the Aldi variety: the chocolate is much closer to milk than dark chocolate, and there's a tad too much coconut. I'll still eat them as they're tasty, but buyer beware.

imo it's pretty hard to beat the value of chocolate candy at aldi

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

The Walrus posted:

this nongshim 'tonjotsu premium ramen' is pretty bad. very bland.

I assume you mean 'Tonkotsu'? and actually it's extremely good. I add dried shiitake to mine.

e: this one https://snackathonfoods.com/products/nongshim-premium-tonkotsu-ramen

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

extravadanza posted:

I assume you mean 'Tonkotsu'? and actually it's extremely good. I add dried shiitake to mine.

e: this one https://snackathonfoods.com/products/nongshim-premium-tonkotsu-ramen

that's the one. very bland, tasted mostly of salt. I might be spoiled by shin black which is like getting kicked in the face by kiryu kizama

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

food samples are back at my local costco, good timing too since people are starting to mask up again due to rebounding rona numbers :discourse:

i bought that giant jar of hatch chili sauce because you nerds keep raving about it. it better be good!!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i bought that giant jar of hatch chili sauce because you nerds keep raving about it. it better be good!!

It is good, just keep in mind it’s more of a topping than a salsa you eat on its own.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

david_a posted:

It is good, just keep in mind it’s more of a topping than a salsa you eat on its own.

I've been eating it with chips the past two nights

That stuff is magic, it's whatever you want it to be

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

food samples are back at my local costco, good timing too since people are starting to mask up again due to rebounding rona numbers :discourse:

We had samples then they suddenly disappeared two weeks ago.

Could not be happier to see them gone.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

extravadanza posted:

I really liked that one but they didn't have it last time I was at the church so I had to buy the other with Iron Chef Morimoto on the package.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

WescottF1 posted:

I really liked that one but they didn't have it last time I was at the church so I had to buy the other with Iron Chef Morimoto on the package.

How was it? Morimoto looks so happy on the packaging.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My 'Co seems to be getting rid of all the cold brew coffee options (the Kirkland cans, the La Colombe cans, and some awesome Starbucks coldbrew concentrate that I only saw once) in favor of even more Keurig bullshit. I am sad and angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

One time the ‘co had cases of the Shin Ramyun (the red kind) on an end cap. Didn’t end up buying it because we still had a few cups at home.

I’ve never seen it there again despite all the ramen varieties they currently stock. The Tonkotsu is pleasant enough for instant, but that Shin Ramyun... it’s too spicy for me but I still love it.