Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s like installing linux

spend 4 weekends getting it to work, boot up into whatever gui and then it’s like “now what” and you realise why people use windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
i mean, people have hobbies that are not their lives.

maybe not broken people, but people with relatively healthy minds are generally able to do things because they interest them without losing their identity

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s just a lie they tell themselves

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
i do agree that installing linux is almost certainly a sign of mental health issues

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

if you had fun doing it then you weren't wasting your time

enjoy your life however you wish

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

flakeloaf posted:

if you had fun doing it then you weren't wasting your time

hmm idk. it’s not difficult to think of a scenario where you’ve had fun doing something but then regret it later. in fact most of my life is that.

like what you said it’s possibly true, but doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider that there may be a better way to spend your time, doing something you won’t regret.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

echinopsis posted:

like what you said it’s possibly true, but doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider that there may be a better way to spend your time, doing something you won’t regret.
The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend would you be sure and tell her satan

𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓

ֆǟȶǟռ

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

have you considered going to therapy instead of trying to post through whatever this is in yospos?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

satan

𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓

ֆǟȶǟռ

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
men will literally build an empire out of a bookstore crushing thousands of people under their heel so they can go to space instead of going to therapy

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echi is regretting his hobby of trolling yospos

its ok echi

i have a bid on a radio like this (not quite as good condition, though) and i really hope i win it. it's cool

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done.

as my grandpa used to say, "it's better to poo poo your pants than die of constipation."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

psiox posted:

men will literally build an empire out of a bookstore crushing thousands of people under their heel so they can go to space instead of going to therapy

yeah. it's just that then the thread becomes therapy instead and it's just very tedious

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

as my grandpa used to say, "it's better to poo poo your pants than die of constipation."
I would simply use a toilet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, we've seen your posts

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

steve jobs is already in there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

That's very much cope.txt

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

steve jobs is already in there
If you think i wouldn't drop a log on steve jobs' feet you haven't been paying attention

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

its ok echi

i have a bid on a radio like this (not quite as good condition, though) and i really hope i win it. it's cool

hah i have one of those

i also have a realistic mta-8 which is like a 70% scaled down one

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hell yeah that rules jonny

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

If you think i wouldn't drop a log on steve jobs' feet you haven't been paying attention

kinky

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Achmed Jones posted:

hell yeah that rules jonny

that’s not jonny it’s godzilla

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Depends on what I've been eating but sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

have you considered going to therapy

lol all I need to do is keep taking ever increasing doses of psychedelics until I’m fixed

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done.

This is a good and interesting way to look at it.
I wanted to say “I regret reading your post” cos that’s quite funny but the truth of the matter is that I don’t regret reading it at all.

quote:

And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend would you be sure and tell her satan

𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓

ֆǟȶǟռ

on it. she’s gonna think i’m weird tho

Achmed Jones posted:

its ok echi

yospos is not a place I can come and just say whatever I think is funny or ask whatever I am wondering about because everyone else here is a real person with a real feeling and this place matters

im reaping what I have sowed by not treating the pos and the people within with the respect it deserves. for a long time I had an attitude of “it’s the internet, who cares, just post” and well.. now people think I smell, which is reasonable

but I take solace in knowing it’s better to regret what you have done than regret not doing it :razz:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

echinopsis posted:

This is a good and interesting way to look at it.
I wanted to say “I regret reading your post” cos that’s quite funny but the truth of the matter is that I don’t regret reading it at all
Full credit goes to American poet and philosopher Gibson Haynes, but I try to take it to heart.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

and well.. now people think I smell, which is reasonable

do you smell though?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you dont smell ya might wanna get a covid test!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, no, that's if you have no taste.

i'm afraid we're all doomed here.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

echinopsis posted:

it’s like installing linux

spend 4 weekends getting it to work, boot up into whatever gui and then it’s like “now what” and you realise why people use windows

wrong.

installing linux these days is burning it to a usb, inserting said usb, and clicking a few buttons.

driver problems are mostly a thing of the past and even with like, lovely systemd bootup issues or bad pulseaudio configs or bluetooth crap, it should still get to a UI even if ur running an nvidia card

like i get this image of linux as being crap and bad is funny and a good meme but it's not the case for most people with a normal, non-custom built pc

my mum has been running linux for ten years and in the last 3 or 4 she's been able to install it herself and basically manage most of the thing by herself, except when i have to come over and point at a button or something shes overlooking

and she still knows zero stuff about tech because she uses her computer mostly to do tutoring and emailing and other luser stuff

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

do you smell though?

someone once said I reek of desperation

does that count

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Full credit goes to American poet and philosopher Gibson Haynes, but I try to take it to heart.

hopefully not so far that the doctor has to get involved :dadjoke:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

oh, no, that's if you have no taste.

i'm afraid we're all doomed here.

taste IS smell weirdly

every time u smell poo poo ur tasting a little bit too.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you are not, and please don't :actually: a dad joke

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

you are not, and please don't :actually: a dad joke

sorry i only just got it. brain fog tonight is real

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. no worries.

i mean, except for the brain fog, maybe worry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

everyone says just post but is also asking me to post less??????? blasphemers