Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

:bsdsnype:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i smell like wood smoke and oiled leather.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

i smell like wood smoke and oiled leather.
So does rotor, but I think that's just what happens to skin after a century or two

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

everyone says just post but is also asking me to post less??????? blasphemers

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sagebrush posted:

as my grandpa used to say, "it's better to poo poo your pants than die of constipation."

a true goon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

hah i have one of those

i also have a realistic mta-8 which is like a 70% scaled down one

is there even anything on the radio any more?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor posted:

well, not in that picture, but there could be

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

infernal machines posted:

well, not in that picture, but there could be

!!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

of course there is. the local NPR affiliate does a BBC feed from 10p-6a, there's a college indie station that's really good, another very highly regarded jazz station, etc.

i mean no it's not 19 diverse and interesting independent stations on the dial like it was back in the day but it's not quite dead yet. you just gotta really favor the public/indie band at 88-92 MHz

i listen to the radio like 3 hours a day probably

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

these hydraulic press videos are becoming morbidly grim

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why do the public/indie stations get the low end of the dial?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:love:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

why do the public/indie stations get the low end of the dial?

someone told me its because the licenses were cheaper because the high end of the dial has longer range? idk, i'm not a radio dude

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

rotor posted:

someone told me its because the licenses were cheaper because the high end of the dial has longer range? idk, i'm not a radio dude
It's necessary as it takes a higher frequency level to contain the frenetic energy of Big Bobby and The Gooch and their wacky hijinks

Ira Glass, having so little energy as to be nearly indistinguishable from a corpse, is far better suited to lower frequencies

Also, somebody once told me...

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's not a hard rule any more. 102.3 is the indie FM station in Denver. They just generally chose to allocate low for nonprofits/jesus stations. "gentleman's agreement" as we'd say in ham radio

One thing that would affect it is that 'sporadic E' propagation allows stations to interfere with others hundreds of miles away, and the highest frequency at which it works varies on how 'intense' the band opening is. so if you have a commercial station, it has a higher chance of loving with another commercial station if they're both on 88.9 MHz vs 107.1 MHz. hence you put the public stations low because you won't get advertisers whining that their market got trashed for an afternoon

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 11, 2021

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

mr robot deleted scene

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

when you buy a processor from an old chinese lady

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV7VNhzFLOQ

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
radio still big over here. we listen to radio all day at work

not indie though. mainstream garbage. maybe some indie stuff around who knows

whatever is on radio has to be ok for everyone in the dispensary

I usually try to get it on the station that plays pantera and rage against the machine

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

yeah north of the border the CBC and community radio stations take up most of the airwaves lower than about 93.1. 88.x and 89.x are mostly CBC anywhere you go so if you want public radio you just tune to the bottom of the FM range and work your way up until you get suitable audio quality

the lower end of the band is absolutely a nightmare up here though. a lot of smaller towns have like 10-50 watt rebroadcasters of big city radio stations below 100 MHz and they're just all over the place. you'll be driving through the middle of nowhere and suddenly your radio will be picking up three different stations on one frequency

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend would you be sure and tell her satan

𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓

ֆǟȶǟռ

literally any excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkQgXZxJ3PI

I was there it owned bones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo I could go for a powerful two hander

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

echinopsis posted:

poo poo I could go for a powerful two hander

you couldn't afford me :biglips:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

So does rotor, but I think that's just what happens to skin after a century or two

some day indiana jones will show up to get that drat cup from him

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

President Beep posted:

on the other hand it’s scary to think that someone out there might really want to be a texan that badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoXnz3h_FE

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend would you be sure and tell her satan

𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓

ֆǟȶǟռ

That's true, but the problem is the opportunity cost. That you could've been doing something else, more rewarding, instead. I spent most of the lockdown screwing around with electronics, programming, designing pcbs, etc. It was interesting and rewarding when poo poo actually worked but... in the end I just have a few useless gadgets. I could've instead studies something actually related to my job and helped advance my career instead, or exercised, or read some books, or all of the above, etc.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

not sure if it'll be geolocked but this movie is free to watch on tubi.tv (legal streaming service)

and it's the directors edition which means a lot more vr chimp

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

That's true, but the problem is the opportunity cost. That you could've been doing something else, more rewarding, instead. I spent most of the lockdown screwing around with electronics, programming, designing pcbs, etc. It was interesting and rewarding when poo poo actually worked but... in the end I just have a few useless gadgets. I could've instead studies something actually related to my job and helped advance my career instead, or exercised, or read some books, or all of the above, etc.

it's also just.. the lyrics to satan by orbital

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLubA1Qa8U

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Broken Machine posted:

it's also just.. the lyrics to satan by orbital

it's actually sampled from Sweat Loaf by the butthole surfers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there better be a good reason for the double faux 3.5" floppy faceplates that necessitated putting the real 3.5" drive in a 5.25" bay

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

there better be a good reason for the double faux 3.5" floppy faceplates that necessitated putting the real 3.5" drive in a 5.25" bay

what about the Call of Duty 2 hiding in there?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i assume that's with the mid-2000s era system it's leaning against

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

i assume that's with the mid-2000s era system it's leaning against
would you play it KBM or with that sidewinder (?) controller?
e: oh on the other side. nvm

just noticed the coopers bar mat. classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it's actually sampled from Sweat Loaf by the butthole surfers
Buncha savages in this town smh