Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Big balls to post name and address after seeing these recent posters post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC6rHNQI0qo

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fun Times! posted:

Big balls to post name and address after seeing these recent posters post

That's the shippers, not mine. Do not SWAT Jesus.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Vic posted:

Let's not call people who like different videogames clinical psych cases.

I thought the problem was that they don't like them.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Bleck posted:

I thought the problem was that they don't like them.

Yes

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Alec Eiffel posted:

Too late, on my way to murder them as we speak. :colbert: Blood is on your hands.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It occurs to me that there might be a very subtle Super Mario Bros 2 USA reference in Mario Golf.

When you're putting for a certain shot, Toad's written commentary on the bottom is a bit of flavour text. Paraphrasing but they're like "Mario aims for a birdie." "Mario eyes an eagle".

But for an albatross, it's "Mario dreams of an albatross."

:thunk:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Started playing BotW for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I'd hate the weapon durability and horde weapons endlessly. Instead, when I get a cool weapon, it makes me seek out tougher enemies so I can break it on their faces and feel like it's worth it.

I'm not vibing 100% with the game, but I definitely appreciate what it's doing.

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 11, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

took me a few tries to really click with it but when it does it’s great. one of my fave games ever

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Alec Eiffel posted:

sorry lol but i'm editing out that pic bc I think it's probably not good to post a random's address on public forums but feel free to replace with a non-personal information revealing pic

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I edited it - sorry.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Has anyone played Dodgeball Academia on Switch? How’s it run? Seems like it’d be Perfect For The Switch if it runs well handheld

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Alec Eiffel posted:

I have a sickness of the soul

get up get down with the sickness.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Alec Eiffel posted:

I edited it - sorry.

no worries!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wuggles posted:

Has anyone played Dodgeball Academia on Switch? How’s it run? Seems like it’d be Perfect For The Switch if it runs well handheld

Runs great

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

LODGE NORTH posted:

You don’t need joycons at all, really. I don’t think there’s any game that explicitly requires them aside from 1 2 Switch. Maybe Pokémon Let’s Go too?
Mario Party and Ring Fit Adventure (this one is pretty obvious). The World Ends with You Final Remix also requires joycons when docked, but you can play it with just the touchscreen too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can someone explain Marios name to me?

In Donkey Kong, his name is Mario. Just Mario.

But then Luigi joins up with him and they are the Mario Bros. This would indicate they are both Mario's. Does this mean their names are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario?

I need to know. It's very important. There have been a ton of Mario Bros games. Or is Bros not short for brothers? Does it mean something else?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The extremely canon movie confirmed that's their names, yeah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I need to know. It's very important. There have been a ton of Mario Bros games. Or is Bros not short for brothers? Does it mean something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MNEF7kjf9s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Shiggy has confirmed his name is Mario Mario

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
They mention that is in fact the case in the movie, but I don't know if that's "canon", per se.

Oops, extremely beaten!

Animal Crossing: I still play for 45 minutes or so each day...as of today, I only have four more bugs to go! The stick bug seems to be the hardest to find so far, as is the golden scarab.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

They mention that is in fact the case in the movie, but I don't know if that's "canon", per se.

Oops, extremely beaten!

Animal Crossing: I still play for 45 minutes or so each day...as of today, I only have four more bugs to go! The stick bug seems to be the hardest to find so far, as is the golden scarab.

Hell yea. I made a dedicated effort to track down all the palm tree beetles I missed last year and got my final bugs this weekend. The stick bug drove me crazy, then I couldn't find a scarab. I ended up going to a nook miles island and pulling out all the flowers, I ran around for five minutes and found one.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Tender Bender posted:

Hell yea. I made a dedicated effort to track down all the palm tree beetles I missed last year and got my final bugs this weekend. The stick bug drove me crazy, then I couldn't find a scarab. I ended up going to a nook miles island and pulling out all the flowers, I ran around for five minutes and found one.

That golden stag took an hour of running around a Nook Miles island before I could catch one. And then my net exploded after my "I just caught them all!" message. Was really great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Holy poo poo. Dumbfounded here.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The Super Mario Bros. movie is great, it's a bad movie but it's the fun kind of bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Super Mario Bros. movie is great, it's a bad movie but it's the fun kind of bad.

Yeah it's... atrocious, but there's a lot of fun in the bad. GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG!

The poster does still kick a lot of rear end.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I just keep staring at my consoles and and not really playing anything even if I'm super bored. Maybe a level of Katamari here and there. I've got Eevee and Shield out of the Pokemon games and I've barely started either. What games should I buy next, knowing I won't really get any further than the first few minutes at best?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Here are some games I played like a half hour of and had fun with: Clubhouse Games, Lofi Ping Pong, Behold the Kickmen. I also only played a half hour of Blasphemous and Cultist Simulator, those might also be fun for some people.
Clubhouse Games and Blasphemous both have free demos.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

endlessmonotony posted:

I just keep staring at my consoles and and not really playing anything even if I'm super bored. Maybe a level of Katamari here and there. I've got Eevee and Shield out of the Pokemon games and I've barely started either. What games should I buy next, knowing I won't really get any further than the first few minutes at best?

if you haven't tried therapy, try that. If you haven't tried drugs, try that. If you've tried both, I recommend poo poo posting. If you haven't done either well give em both a red hot whirl.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

if you haven't tried therapy, try that. If you haven't tried drugs, try that. If you've tried both, I recommend poo poo posting. If you haven't done either well give em both a red hot whirl.

All of those sound like a lot of effort. Especially the shitposting.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

I like buying games and looking at deku deals. Sometimes i take out the switch and look at it

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.

Psycho Society posted:

I like buying games and looking at deku deals. Sometimes i take out the switch and look at it

This. Going through all the new games on Deku Deals and hiding all the trashware is so much fun!
Sometimes I stare at a game and put it on my wishlist with a lower price.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

endlessmonotony posted:

Wrestling Empire

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

zachol posted:

This. Going through all the new games on Deku Deals and hiding all the trashware is so much fun!
Sometimes I stare at a game and put it on my wishlist with a lower price.

How does it interact with the EU region?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

How does it interact with the EU region?

I just set my region to France (the little globe in the upper left) and all the games changed and the prices are in Euros. Pretty sure it's showing the actual EU region deals, for example Summer Paws is on sale in France but not the US.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

endlessmonotony posted:

Try shorter indies. Untitled Goose Game, Donut County, A Short Hike. All are quick all are fun and you’ll feel accomplished.

Streets of Rage 4 is a blast for the time you put in it and there’s no pressure in Stardew Valley.

Maybe you’ll enjoy the puzzles in picross and who doesn’t like Tetris(99)?

Into the Breach’s random generation keeps things interesting too.

Your mood reminds me of the aimlessness in A Night in the Woods so maybe that’ll resonate with you.

Good luck!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

In Dread-adjacent news, OCRemix dropped their 35th anniversary Metroid album: https://harmony.shinesparkers.net/album/harmony-of-a-hunter-returns/

What I've heard so far is pretty amazing. Special mention to the Chozo Lab and Green Brinstar remixes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Chocobo Every Buddy is a good pick up and play game once you get a little ways in. I've put a ton of time into it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Flophouse is doing a live Super Mario Bros movie episode soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I remember some show like Freakazoid or something having joke credits with someone credited as "The Jumping Lady". I never really got the joke but I saw the Mario Bros movie around the same time so it's always stuck in my head the the Jumping Lady is Big Bertha with the jumping boots.