Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Shame Boy posted:

has anyone said "more like fart contracts" yet

well they do run on :gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yang being into bitcoin fits so well i'm surprised i'm only finding out about it right now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shame Boy posted:

yang being into bitcoin fits so well i'm surprised i'm only finding out about it right now

I think literally anyone could have told you he's absolutely a bitcoiner like 2 years ago and it's a huge reason why he jumped out to an early lead in NYC before idk mispronouncing bed stuy or not folding the lovely pizza, which immediately got him tarred as an outsider

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

I think literally anyone could have told you he's absolutely a bitcoiner like 2 years ago and it's a huge reason why he jumped out to an early lead in NYC before idk mispronouncing bed stuy or not folding the lovely pizza, which immediately got him tarred as an outsider

in my defense i was actively trying to avoid anything and everything to do with the election because it's just so fuckin' toxic to mental health so eh :shrug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

:same:

I figured it would have come out earlier considering how all his "solutions" are just your standard tech dipshit's opinions about the world.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DominoKitten posted:

Love to address the people who stole oodles from me with a stern finger wagging, begging them to come "work something out":

https://twitter.com/PolyNetwork2/status/1425123153009803267

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Crime Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Eyes Haha.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Alan Smithee posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Crime Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Eyes Haha.

poor poly's bitcoins, closed their eyes and walked away

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Khorne posted:

I'm not able to connect the dots here.

if i keep saying things people respond positively to, they'll want to vote for me. no, they don't have to be coherent sentences or follow any kind of logic, i just need to say the words.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Hasn't really worked out so well for him to get elected at least.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it turns out there aren't nearly enough dipshit techbros to change america

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Cyber Crime Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Browser Haha.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What's the paleo diet of cryptocurrency

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

EorayMel posted:

safemoon

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

DominoKitten posted:

Love to address the people who stole oodles from me with a stern finger wagging, begging them to come "work something out":

https://twitter.com/PolyNetwork2/status/1425123153009803267

this is just fantastic

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zamujasa posted:

poor poly's bitcoins, closed their eyes and walked away

poly wanna cracker (to return the coins)

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

EorayMel posted:

a case of expired soylent

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

FAUXTON posted:

iirc Yang tried to stake himself as a blockchain dipshit once he was already tanking in the NYC mayoral race

unrelated, my pal in ASHRAE pointed out that some butter got a propaganda piece published in their trade journal this month. I guess it's not super interesting - mostly the same basic lies butters have been telling for ten years - but I'd love to hear how it loving got there. who bribed whom exactly

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LordSaturn posted:

iirc Yang tried to stake himself as a blockchain dipshit once he was already tanking in the NYC mayoral race

unrelated, my pal in ASHRAE pointed out that some butter got a propaganda piece published in their trade journal this month. I guess it's not super interesting - mostly the same basic lies butters have been telling for ten years - but I'd love to hear how it loving got there. who bribed whom exactly

to put it a better way, some bitcoiners are born, others are made.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

EorayMel posted:

paleo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EorayMel posted:

silver

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
chicken legal tendies

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
i mean chicken barely legal tendies

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
actually they're called ephebotendies

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel posted:

Uranium bars

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

seems like backing your stable coins with unsecured loans is standard now and coinbase has been forced to admit this is what they've been doing the whole time

quote:

A Coinbase spokesman pointed to a blog post from earlier this month that said USD Coin’s reserves comply with regulatory requirements. On the day Bloomberg News contacted the company, some of the language describing USD Coin’s assets on its website changed.

“Each USDC is backed by one dollar or asset with equivalent fair value, which is held in accounts with U.S.-regulated financial institutions,” the spokesman, Andrew Schmitt, added in a statement Tuesday. “Users can always redeem 1 USD Coin for US$1.00. We have added additional detail to our website for customers to understand more about USDC reserves.”

From December 2018, the earliest saved page available from the Internet Archive, to Monday when Bloomberg called, Coinbase on its website described USD Coin as backed by dollars “held in a bank account.” A more in-depth help page about the coin said it was “100% collateralized by a corresponding USD held in bank accounts of the issuer.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
1 usdc = 1 dollhair

what don't you understand

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

good job there are no cases where backing cash with "assets of equivalent value" turned out to be a bad idea that ended in tears!

also in before "fictional reserve banking"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

good job there are no cases where backing cash with "assets of equivalent value" turned out to be a bad idea that ended in tears!

also in before "fictional reserve banking"

too late

FAUXTON posted:

fictional reserve banking

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
has anyone said polygone yet

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

it's incredible that stable coins are just people selling 0% interest bonds to undeclared third parties that they advertise as completely risk free

i can't believe there's no law against that

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FAUXTON posted:

too late

Extremely too late.

Also it was thread title at some point.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they already said dunning-krugerrands and prosecution futures too

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

okay but has anyone said buttcoin?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Qwertycoatl posted:

okay but has anyone said buttcoin?

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-nysearca-2017-06/nysearca201706-131588.htm

e: this one is earlier

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/attachments/ftc-twitter-chats/butterfly_labs_twitter_chat_transcript_9-23-14_redacted.pdf

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

you got your butt in my coins!

YOU got your coins in my butt!!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Chalks posted:

seems like backing your stable coins with unsecured loans is standard now and coinbase has been forced to admit this is what they've been doing the whole time

somehow seeing the "you can swap one Coinbase dollar for one us dollar" actually written out on their site makes this feel closer to the poo poo that got the liberty dollar guy in trouble

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

EorayMel posted:

Eating gold bricks

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

apparently the guy who stole all the etheriums is now posting messages asking for advice on how to launder it :allears:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Shame Boy posted:

apparently the guy who stole all the etheriums is now posting messages asking for advice on how to launder it :allears:

Pretty sweet troll, it’s one thing to get owned by an elite cabal of hackers but to get robbed then have the guy post “lol how do I get rid of this guys stuff”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ADINSX posted:

Pretty sweet troll, it’s one thing to get owned by an elite cabal of hackers but to get robbed then have the guy post “lol how do I get rid of this guys stuff”

they have also been giving random amounts between $1 and $1 million back to people or something? idk it was on the radio this morning on the way to work, which was delightful