Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

apparently theres a grace period based on their mass layoff earlier this month so im either gonna get a retention bonus or a severance depending on how long they wait to ax me. I've got a few more months of work left but probably won't make it till the end of the year. im in pretty good spirits about it all things considered, im far better prepared than the last time i was unemployed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

:rip:

luckily everyone is hiring for android developers rn. i just got a linkedin message about a position with somewhere called Noom that's paying 190k for senior remote android devs if that tickles ya fancy

:eyepop: thats a lotta cheddar

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

meal order:

brekkie (lol who the gently caress eats in the morning)
lunch (10a-1p)
dinner (2p-5p)
supper (5-9p)

I'm the 1 hr break between lunch and dinner

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i kinda want to waste some time making a lil indie game but that seems like a good way to spend a bunch of money unproductively

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

noom is a fitness/dieting/coaching app

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Fool posted:

noom is a fitness/dieting/coaching app

is it one of those fart apps that could shut down tomorrow?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

as long as the check clears and the work is fine, I don't care if it's a fart app. would prefer something more interesting though

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

noom has tv commercials and is massive

if you can get in youll be set

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

apparently theres a grace period based on their mass layoff earlier this month so im either gonna get a retention bonus or a severance depending on how long they wait to ax me. I've got a few more months of work left but probably won't make it till the end of the year. im in pretty good spirits about it all things considered, im far better prepared than the last time i was unemployed.
godspeed joe. i suppose at least you have a heads-up

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

as long as the check clears and the work is fine, I don't care if it's a fart app. would prefer something more interesting though

honestly a fart app is way more engaging than like 80% of the poo poo i have to do to engage and support customer success with enterprise solutions.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

noom was just in my inbox, time to find out what the ios vs android pay gap is.

cjs: business still buying into more dumb salesforce poo poo that doesn't even touch what our current vendor does. smh.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i eat 1 meal a day

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
all salesforce is unbelievably enterprisesoftwarey: just this giant pile of crap that nobody asks the peeps usin it about

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

i work on a fart app and its extremely nice to not work on something that if u gently caress up will kill someone or not call paramedics in time or something

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

PokeJoe posted:

i kinda want to waste some time making a lil indie game but that seems like a good way to spend a bunch of money unproductively

i have 50k earmarked to do this but w my communism dealio whenever the market cools down for real

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

jesus WEP posted:

ever watch videos like this and think about how much better it would be to feed giraffes all day than touch computer

contact your local zoo, they always need volunteers

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

duz posted:

oftentimes they definitively do not

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i have 50k earmarked to do this but w my communism dealio whenever the market cools down for real

at this rate "when the market cools down" is gonna be when I'm retired if I can get 190k writing a remote fart app. I've been tossing a few game ideas around a while though and I made a few mobile games already in the past. My expectations are for it to not make any money but you never know unless you try.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

duz posted:

don't add to their workload, they have enough apes to take care of already

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

a long time ago i worked with a dude who was dating a zookeeper and he kept referring to their dates as "gettin my cage cleaned"

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

a long time ago i worked with a dude who was dating a zookeeper and he kept referring to their dates as "gettin my cage cleaned"

this implies he shits all over his apartment

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

have you seen how single men live

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

that's not really the implication i got, no

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

that's not really the implication i got, no

what are animal cages usually cleaned of

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

I'm the 1 hr break between lunch and dinner
I'm the combined dinner/supper period from 2-9PM.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag posted:

what are animal cages usually cleaned of

he's talking about cuming

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he's talking about cuming

what kind of animals have you seen that cum all over their cages

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

let's split the difference and say he was getting his rear end ate

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hbag posted:

what kind of animals have you seen that cum all over their cages

all of them, all the time.

what the gently caress else are you gonna do in a cage

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mystes posted:

I'm the combined dinner/supper period from 2-9PM.

basically just wake up around 10 or 11 and start eating, take an hour break at 1, then eating again until 9pm. Maybe watch some tv and go to sleep. A rich, full life.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

all the kids are doing it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

KidDynamite posted:

let's split the difference and say he was getting his rear end ate

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

man: haha look at the gorilla in the cage

gorilla: i walk around naked, eat food that people give me, poo poo wherever i want, and gently caress all day. which of us is truly caged?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i have lunch around 11am and dinner around 6pm

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

basically just wake up around 10 or 11 and start eating, take an hour break at 1, then eating again until 9pm. Maybe watch some tv and go to sleep. A rich, full life.
I had a coworker who strongly believed it was the most healthy to divide up his food so that he was constantly eating little by little the whole day. Coincidentally he also had gum disease.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mystes posted:

I had a coworker who strongly believed it was the most healthy to divide up his food so that he was constantly eating little by little the whole day. Coincidentally he also had gum disease.

take a bite, floss your teeth
take a bite, floss your teeth

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

cjs: first PTO request of the year for this Friday. Been accumulating it all to go nuts in the second half of the year and that time's a-comin'.

Last year I did an every-other-friday-off scheme for months and it works well, it's just long enough between days off to get that "oh yeah, no work tomorrow! thanks past me" feeling

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

man: haha look at the gorilla in the cage

gorilla: i walk around naked, eat food that people give me, poo poo wherever i want, and gently caress all day. which of us is truly caged?
and that gorilla's name was harambe

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

it can be easier on your guts but huge yeah on the poor oral health if you don't keep those teeth brushed constantly too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kenny Logins posted:

and that gorilla's name was harambe

you rang?