Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: hvac supplier swore up and down that the replacement part was ready to pick up. get a call at 830 this morning from the hvac installer saying that the part is not actually here and we're getting jerked around

it has now been 34 days since we've had aircon, we've survived days where it was 88f/31c, but to have hope of an end taken from us like that was soul crushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Cold on a Cob posted:

i worked for a guy that asked poo poo like "if you could have any super power what would it be?" and then screened out people that said invisibility because he assumed they would prob be creeps lol

we regularly have to sort through 1000+ resumes for analyst and dev positions we leave posted for a week or so at most

:lol:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

cls: hvac supplier swore up and down that the replacement part was ready to pick up. get a call at 830 this morning from the hvac installer saying that the part is not actually here and we're getting jerked around

it has now been 34 days since we've had aircon, we've survived days where it was 88f/31c, but to have hope of an end taken from us like that was soul crushing

that is incredibly hosed. sorry friend.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i havent been able to cry in years despite really very much wanting to
crying is cathartic as gently caress and it sucks that i cant

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

my dreams are loving weird

I always gently caress weird in my dreams, too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

i would just say flight if asked - that's the best power.

:smugdog:

If I'm allowed to cheese it a little bit, I would take telekinesis. Because then you also have the power of flight by moving yourself, you can create fire by telekinetically rubbing molecules together, you can breathe underwater by telekinetically bringing a bubble of air with you, you have what appears to be super strength and super speed, etc.

If I have to go with the surface level interpretation and telekinesis is just slowly floating rocks with your mind, I would take teleportation. Or just a doctor strange sling ring. That seems the most practical day to day

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

teleportation with all the physics bending sounds good. teleportation were if you gently caress up you end up inside a wall or spliced into another person because you occupied the same space seems bad.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

teleportation with telefrag at the end if someone is in my way :twisted:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

relevant
https://twitter.com/elusivegoomba/status/1425844644751896580

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hbag posted:

cut an onion

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

sounds like european summer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

If I'm allowed to cheese it a little bit, I would take telekinesis. Because then you also have the power of flight by moving yourself, you can create fire by telekinetically rubbing molecules together, you can breathe underwater by telekinetically bringing a bubble of air with you, you have what appears to be super strength and super speed, etc.

If I have to go with the surface level interpretation and telekinesis is just slowly floating rocks with your mind, I would take teleportation. Or just a doctor strange sling ring. That seems the most practical day to day

the obvious “best” one imo would be time travel or being able to rewind and redo stuff or something, but i think it would make you kinda burn out and get depressed somehow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hbag posted:

ask someone one the street to kick you between legs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

start paying your own bills

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

the obvious “best” one imo would be time travel or being able to rewind and redo stuff or something, but i think it would make you kinda burn out and get depressed somehow

yeah i said time travel

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

time travel would own - also gently caress that nonsense about the position of the earth

it just works ™

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jesus smoka, they had a long life ahead and you went and murdered 'em. ice cold

cls: dropped little jones off for his first day of kindergarten :ohdear:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fart simpson posted:

Your life would end up a speedrun to fix as much poo poo as you can. There isn't a point in human history that's not hosed up.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I would have the superpower to be hired on my merits without having to answer stupid loving questions!!!

*is made CEO immediately*

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the superpower i'd take is the "stop time for the world but not for me" one. just pause the world, take a nap, play a video game, read a book, then back to responsibility. want a vacation in the middle of some poo poo? boom done just go for a swim. want some money? bank vault is right there, just clean it out easy peasy.

i mean yes i'd end up dead of old age with a calendar-age of like 65 but :shrug:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

love to see another fan of francis bacon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'd want the superpower tony stark has

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

you want to be elon musk?! :haw:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

with time travel you could get it. just rewind and buy the correct lottery tickets

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Achmed Jones posted:

the superpower i'd take is the "stop time for the world but not for me" one. just pause the world, take a nap, play a video game, read a book, then back to responsibility. want a vacation in the middle of some poo poo? boom done just go for a swim. want some money? bank vault is right there, just clean it out easy peasy.

i mean yes i'd end up dead of old age with a calendar-age of like 65 but :shrug:

i wish click was real too lol

drat sandler flicks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jonny 290 posted:

(i know its not stark but lol)

please don't bring up how much you (not you jonny) hate Snyder - please. to each their own

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

suggestion: find a local trans femme friend who accepts u and can help u build a small safe space to cry in

worked for me, i couldn't cry at all before that point and it really helped

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you know. now that you mention it i do dislike zack snyder films

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

you know. now that you mention it i do dislike zack snyder films

thats ok! :)

we can't all like the same things.

cjs: on hold with a dell rep, sounds like they are at home but using the speaker option so they are 50 miles away.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

stark had hyperintelligence not just money

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

hbag posted:

I mean estrogen did the trick for me

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

also id want perfect errorless replication of my cells with no breakdown from whatever the gently caress causes aging

so i can annoy people in 200 years with questions like "what the gently caress is a quantiax"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i want one of the handwavy powers like "magic" or "control molecules" where you get to do whatever you want

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

thats ok! :)

we can't all like the same things.

cjs: on hold with a dell rep, sounds like they are at home but using the speaker option so they are 50 miles away.

unless you like pisspos, in which case you suck

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

okok fine i want to program the unive-ahahaaha no gently caress that i dont want to find out the lovely intern that made this universe has hard coded conversion rates

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my hands hurt, so i rubbed icy hot into them and now i can feel the icy hot vapors on my eyes when i take a drink of coffee

every day im livin that old dad life

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

i used to say telekinesis but i came to the realization i would just abuse it to the point of physically becoming baron harkonnen

super jumping, assuming it is not some BS contact self-telekinesis, is healthier

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

also in july San Jose was 85% first-dose-vaccinated so im a little less scared about little jones being in kindergarten.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Achmed Jones posted:

my hands hurt, so i rubbed icy hot into them and now i can feel the icy hot vapors on my eyes when i take a drink of coffee

we used to do this as a joke with those vicks vaporub inhalers

we'd blow it in each others eyes and be like, "im laughing and crying!!"

or rub tiger balm right under our eyes lmao

HEY HBAG - if yo uwanna cry, rub some icy hot/vicks/tiger balm around your entire face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

icy hot noob you need tiger balm