Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Rutibex posted:

*throws my chess set in the trash*

Did you enjoy Chess Legacy? Was it worth the $100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Here's my actual factual unpopular opinion: I think Majora's Mask is wildly overrated. :colbert: I don't think it's a bad game, but definitely overrated.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the best zelda game is minish cap. im sorry. it had to be said

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Here's my actual factual unpopular opinion: I think Majora's Mask is wildly overrated. :colbert: I don't think it's a bad game, but definitely overrated.

Im willing to call it bad

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh yeah this one Zelda game is bad. Way to take stand. All Zelda games are bad. All of them. Wow your so smart you set those lanterns alight good job way to go champ! Oh you used the item in the dungeon to solve the "puzzle" bravo!

edit: Okay maybe not bad, I haven't really played much Zelda (Ocarina of Time stopped at like the start of Shadow Temple) but yeah definitely overrated.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 12, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

QuarkJets posted:

Did you enjoy Chess Legacy? Was it worth the $100

for me it's Dave Sirlin(tm)'s Chess 2(tm)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fur20 posted:

the best zelda game is minish cap. im sorry. it had to be said

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Zelda games are all over rated because zelda fans are loving crazy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
They are however just people who like a long running game series. The real crazy folk are the absolute nutters i keep running into that are obsessed with Final Fantasy 14

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

watching link hold a heart piece over his head for the 78th time while it puts an unskippable dialogue box up for 8 seconds that explains what it does

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

They are however just people who like a long running game series. The real crazy folk are the absolute nutters i keep running into that are obsessed with Final Fantasy 14

There's more and more of them, iirc the game just overtook WoW

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Nintendo games are all over rated because nintendo fans are loving crazy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Being crazy is underrated.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

that mario golf game looks like complete garbage but people are suffering through it and deluding themselves into thinking they like it because they get to play as bowser

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Caesar Saladin posted:

that mario golf game looks like complete garbage but people are suffering through it and deluding themselves into thinking they like it because they get to play as bowser

I had such high hopes it would be on the level of the Mario golf/tennis games for GBC. They were just good sports RPGs, not a lot in the way of super powers or anything.

I need to dig my gameboy out next time I go home.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Souls games are just edgy Zelda games.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Souls-like can be fun though. Zelda is just boring.

Edit: I'd say they're more like Metroid.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sally posted:

No, that's Darksiders

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sally posted:

Zelda is much more fun than boring old plodding dark souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzdlDiFUyU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rutibex posted:

Lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

those hyrule warriors games are just boring dynasty warriors games that run at 12fps

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Rutibex posted:

i bought the clone of this game with random Chinese three kingdoms characters instead of the original zelda npcs
looks fun but i haven't played it yet

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i bought the clone of this game with random Chinese three kingdoms characters instead of the original zelda npcs

*nods* Yes... Onimusha

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

boring dynasty warriors games

:eyepop:
i guess you're posting in the right thread....

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Excelzior posted:

my unpopular opinion is that OoT was trash and everyone who remembers it fondly is just nostalgic

Yeah this. Majoras Mask is also bad. Really cool style but so much of the challenge is irritating bullshit, like the goron race and the thing where you have to carry the bomb but it disappears if the day changes. Just a series of horrible design choices. In retrospect I will say that the N64 is a worse console than the saturn. I haven't ever played any saturn games, but I feel confident enough in saying that based on my experience with the 64

Also Alundra on PSX did classic style Zelda better than Zelda ever did

Doctor J Off fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 12, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I bought the one that has superpowered pirates

They're all about the same apparently, but it's a formula that works.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The first one with Fist of the North Star was good then thr sequel was a step back across the board. It was weird.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

musou games are gaming pablum, there's extremely little challenge but you get to shut your brain off and look at the pretty colours as your character mows down waves of nameless enemies using flashy anime moves

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Doctor J Off posted:

Yeah this. Majoras Mask is also bad. Really cool style but so much of the challenge is irritating bullshit, like the goron race and the thing where you have to carry the bomb but it disappears if the day changes. Just a series of horrible design choices. In retrospect I will say that the N64 is a worse console than the saturn. I haven't ever played any saturn games, but I feel confident enough in saying that based on my experience with the 64

Also Alundra on PSX did classic style Zelda better than Zelda ever did

Saturn had some good games. Daytona, Virtua Cop 2, Panzer Dragoon, uh... Nights Into Dreams, I guess...

Uh... Bug?

Bug 2?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nights Into Dreams did not age well.

The Wii sequel even less so.

Great music though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Excelzior posted:

musou games are gaming pablum, there's extremely little challenge but you get to shut your brain off and look at the pretty colours as your character mows down waves of nameless enemies using flashy anime moves

games don't need challenge to be fun.
see: 90% of content in warframe
or lawnmowing simulator

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

games don't need challenge to be fun.
see: 90% of content in warframe
or lawnmowing simulator

agreed, I'm more comparing them to blockbuster summer movies versus intellectual, "artsy" movies - they both have their niche and can be enjoyable, as long as you have the right expectations

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Sally posted:

Saturn had some good games. Daytona, Virtua Cop 2, Panzer Dragoon, uh... Nights Into Dreams, I guess...

Uh... Bug?

Bug 2?

fighters megamix, shining series games, guardian heros, radiant silvergun, dragon force.

i'd put dark savior on there too but it's one of those bad/good games like deadly premonition, certainly not for everybody.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i laughing that my inclusion of Bug and Bug 2 weren't in question. those games suck poo poo.

like, a less fun Bubsy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Bug was a masterpiece. My objection is that like sonic it was actually a PC game courtesy of Jack in the box.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
holy poo poo is doom eternal on PC with mouse and keyboard completely loving awesome!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I bought the one that has superpowered pirates

They're all about the same apparently, but it's a formula that works.

it's been a little more than five years since i played a musou game and that's about the frequency you can enjoy them at... what should i get? my favorites are samurai warriors 1 and pirate warriors 3

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fur20 posted:

it's been a little more than five years since i played a musou game and that's about the frequency you can enjoy them at... what should i get? my favorites are samurai warriors 1 and pirate warriors 3

Best ask someone else, Pirate Warriors 3 is the one I'm talking about.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fur20 posted:

do you have a switch? the best ones are switch exclusive.

i personally like Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, because it has the most characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The worst Zelda games are obviously the CDI ones and they got decent PC ports last year that everyone should give a go just to experience how dreadful the gameplay actually is. It's bloody amazing that Nintendo ok'd that garbage.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cd-i-zelda-receives-fanmade-pc-remasters.578035/