Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

alexandriao posted:

stark had hyperintelligence not just money

Batman is the world's greatest detective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

Batman is the world's greatest detective.

wrong

Columbo is the worlds greatest detective

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

alexandriao posted:

wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gfj1FFaC0k

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Vintersorg posted:

we used to do this as a joke with those vicks vaporub inhalers

we'd blow it in each others eyes and be like, "im laughing and crying!!"

that was called a "sea breeze" in rave days and it feels SO GOOD when you're rolling and thats how a couple people went blind at parties over the years

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

we used to do this as a joke with those vicks vaporub inhalers

we'd blow it in each others eyes and be like, "im laughing and crying!!"

wait until you learn what a seabreeze is

e: efb

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

alexandriao posted:

wrong

timestamped to 1:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIWaEyXEmYQ&t=61s

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

that was called a "sea breeze" in rave days and it feels SO GOOD when you're rolling and thats how a couple people went blind at parties over the years
Oh hell yeah. A Vick's inhaler, some nox and a violet wand tracing down your spine 😵

A couple years back I bought a Vick's inhaler because I was congested and I actually felt a little dirty using it for its actual intended purpose

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

A couple years back I bought a Vick's inhaler because I was congested and I actually felt a little dirty using it for its actual intended purpose

right? haha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You people are all delinquents

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sagebrush posted:

being 18-25 around 1999 was a wild loving time

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Wolverine style healing factor

survive literally anything and delayed aging

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vintersorg posted:

now im 18-25 in 2021 and it loving sucks

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Vintersorg posted:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

now im 18-25 in 2021 and it loving sucks

same but older

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

rotor posted:

same but older

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hbag posted:

now im in 2021 and it loving sucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i missed the rave scene by a few years. i remember reading revolution magazine and wishing i could be part of that

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i missed it by being a teenager in rural alberta and then rural bc :\

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

of course now that portainer has updated it won't accept my docker.sock file and instead wants me to fill out some bullshit, impossible to understand form

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i never did get into the rave scene cause i considered myself too metal for it but it would have been fun. i still wore those huge rear end jeans but everyone sorta did back then.

i worked with a ton of people who did tho when i bounced around call centers. always strung out. always drama. infinite drugs. lots of bracelets and necklaces. always sleeping on a call but not giving a gently caress. lol

i more so went to clubs every weekend with my friends. which goes against what i considered myself to be. but the groups for metalheads/punks/whatevers was ultra niche here and the scene was tiny. compared to now with it being huge and accepted. no one in high school listened to what i did save for like ... 3 people i knew. i imagine my teenage years, while fine, would have been way better if i had a larger group of friends likeminded. as it was - i was generally alone in my hobbies of games and music.

thanks for reading, sorry haha

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Sagebrush posted:

being in trouble is a fake idea

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PERf5un2nC0

chill tunes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cold on a Cob posted:

i missed it by being a teenager in rural alberta and then rural bc :\
i missed it by being in the maritimes and also on mIRC and being an fat undatable mess of an extra smart boy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

as a dad I can assure you that being in trouble is a very real idea, buster

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

rotor posted:

lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

rotor posted:

:ohdear:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

i never did get into the rave scene cause i considered myself too metal for it but it would have been fun. i still wore those huge rear end jeans but everyone sorta did back then.

i worked with a ton of people who did tho when i bounced around call centers. always strung out. always drama. infinite drugs. lots of bracelets and necklaces. always sleeping on a call but not giving a gently caress. lol

i more so went to clubs every weekend with my friends. which goes against what i considered myself to be. but the groups for metalheads/punks/whatevers was ultra niche here and the scene was tiny. compared to now with it being huge and accepted. no one in high school listened to what i did save for like ... 3 people i knew. i imagine my teenage years, while fine, would have been way better if i had a larger group of friends likeminded. as it was - i was generally alone in my hobbies of games and music.

thanks for reading, sorry haha

I was one of those dudes who was really into dream theater in high school so I feel your pain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
some of the younger folks in my crew are all like 'you got to see the delta heavy tour?? i was still in elementary school!' and its just like ._.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
back in the heyday wed hit a happy hour after work where the bartender was a scene guy and he always carried 40bags on him and would slide it under the pint glass, and that was the start of like every weekend for years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
for a year there arkansas was getting a tier talent every six fuckin weeks from one crew and every 2 months from another. it was insane we were going over to little rock like 2-3 weekends a month

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

for a year there arkansas was getting a tier talent every six fuckin weeks from one crew and every 2 months from another. it was insane we were going over to little rock like 2-3 weekends a month

from like 04-12 there was either a or b tier poo poo every fri and sat every weekend in pb-cle

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cls: according to my car, it is one hundred three degrees outside :qq:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

prefect posted:

cls: according to my car, it is one hundred three degrees outside :qq:

according to my phone the weather outside is "smoke"

it's not wrong

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dont forget: this is the coolest year of the rest of our lives!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yeah lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao really? oops

it's only 17c right now, so i welcome the chills - otherwise manitoba got a preview of the desert our province will be in a couple decades

love to make friends with legions of grasshoppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KYm-b9yUA

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

bob dobbs is dead posted:

hey we might get a supervolcano eruption that temporarily reduces global temps by half a degree :v:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Cold on a Cob posted:

hey we might get a supervolcano eruption that temporarily reduces global temps by half a degree :v:

Yeah but then we have to pay for air filters

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

god just kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

graph posted:

some of the younger folks in my crew are all like 'you got to see the delta heavy tour?? i was still in elementary school!' and its just like ._.

matrix premiered 22 years ago, people born after it can buy beer in the states