Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

KoRMaK posted:

jesus, to go back and live in '99

thats the dream kormak, that's the dream.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
thats what like $4000 in 2021 currency?

and thats the bulk price to the oem so the end user price is something like double that

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wl5BbUg05M

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTRXpn-cMnk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this is what happens when the only legal drugs are dxm and alcohol

content:

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Isp is stored in the balls

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

my righty is bigger too

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

my stepdads beer posted:

my righty is bigger too

Might wanna see a doctor bout that.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

I guess what I mean is that you can achieve encoding fuckery by using the proper tools in an improper way, but that there is no tool (that I know of) that’s designed to make datamoshed stuff on purpose

or it exists and I don’t know about it. seems unlikely

you wanna search "datamosh" i feel like this was posted abotu before but anyway this looks like a new thing to make it easier https://supermosh.github.io/. surprised nobody has made a an application to do it, wouldn;t be too hard with ffmpeg libs or something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
well, the site you linked mentions there are commercial plugins that do it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

I’m count votes.sql

I'm AlwaysOn High

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im currently working on going through all my toolboxes, consolidating tools, filling in gaps, and throwing away crap, when i stumbled across this mysterious artifact from the 1980s

pop quiz yospos - can you identify the purpose for which this little bundle of tools was sold?

hint: the tip of that long cylinder is a torx bit

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FMguru posted:

pop quiz yospos - can you identify the purpose for which this little bundle of tools was sold?

cooking meth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
cookin mDAMMIT

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I was gonna say maybe servicing CRTs for the former but I don't know what you need some kind of weirdo spudger or something for in a CRT but not located in a spot where you're likely to get zapped by the anode for loving around with metal tools

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kazinsal posted:

I was gonna say maybe servicing CRTs for the former but I don't know what you need some kind of weirdo spudger or something for in a CRT but not located in a spot where you're likely to get zapped by the anode for loving around with metal tools
not a bad guess! the device its for has a crt

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

opening a macintosh, apple loved that torx poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Midjack posted:

given the length of that torx bit, i'd say a mac se or mac classic

they screwed together from the back and the shaft for the screws is most of the depth of the unit

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 13, 2021

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
before you mentioned CRTs i thought that was for breaking down a suspension fork

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Midjack posted:

yep. its for opening up an old school 1980s black-and-white macintosh/macintosh plus/macintosh se

stebe hated the idea of filthy commoners opening up and rooting around inside his perfectly engineered computing appliances so he made it as difficult as possible

infernal machines posted:

given the length of that torx bit, i'd say a mac se or mac classic

they screwed together from the back and the shaft for the screws is most of the depth of the unit
those old mac cases were in two parts - a front and a back and they were held together by four torx screws on the back

the two bottom screws were easily accessible (if torx). but the two upper screws were buried inside wells in the carrying handle at the top of the case and you needed not just a torx bit but a long metal shaft to reach them and turn them. you needed the specific tool shown here to open up your mac which you had to mail order from a sketchy ad in the back of a mac magazine

once you had all four torx screws out you used the spudger on the seam running around the case to crack it open and separate the front and back halves so you could pull them apart and finally get access to the interior. it was a loving chore and a complete contrast to every other personal computer on the market

its a funny bit of arcane mac history and a perfect concrete example of stebe being an rear end in a top hat to his paying customers

i stumbled across my old set and thought it would be amusing to put a picture of them up in the 'pos

FMguru fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 13, 2021

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

we have ways of making you torx

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
it's a high amperage cufflink.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

did someone say torx???

lmao that you can buy t-shirts with this on: sagebrush made it from my post in a previous version of the thread. possibly my greatest contribution to modern culture.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gonna go up there to get the bobblehead.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/H8aRGNG.mp4

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the robot equivalent of the animals in the Flintstones

"Ehh. It's a living"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the russians used a bidet

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQsxLfKPNI

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

love it when cg people use a bunch of camera shake and zooms

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

infernal machines posted:

the russians used a bidet
my initial reaction was "on no they're going to squirt water all over the floor"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

did someone say torx???

lmao that you can buy t-shirts with this on: sagebrush made it from my post in a previous version of the thread. possibly my greatest contribution to modern culture.

:hfive:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

im currently working on going through all my toolboxes, consolidating tools, filling in gaps, and throwing away crap, when i stumbled across this mysterious artifact from the 1980s

hint: the tip of that long cylinder is a torx bit

old mac teardown

e: hah nailed it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

old mac teardown

e: hah nailed it
good catch old man

Adbot