Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that article seemed weird as gently caress. Like used wrong pronouns to refer to Britney Spears half the time.

I'm sorry, I had some trouble googling an article that wasn't in my own language. Will do better next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/12/britney-spears-jamie-spears-conservator-step-down/

It's being reported other places as well. I am not sure who to believe.

Edit: It seems like he expressed intent to step down at some point but haven't actually taken any steps to do so.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 13, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Skwirl posted:

Who was they guy who barely lost a senate race when it came out that in his mid 30s he kept trying to date 14 year olds? I was about the same age he was when he was trying to date high school students and I briefly thought about how my also mid 30s friends would react if I brought a high school student to a group potluck or something as my "date."

Best case scenario is none of them ever talk to me again.

This is the part that really creeps me out, TBH, because it isn’t something that I’d think you’d risk your entire career on. It implies that Sanz and Fallon discussed hanging out with and molesting children before hand rather than Sanz just showing up to a party with a literal child and Fallon just rolling with it… then again “yes, and!”

The whole thing really sounds like stuff you’d read on incel forums “I never hung out with girls as a kid, I was a loser studying improv and now I’m a famous adult reliving my sexual frustrated teen fantasies out…” but it’s just totally hosed because Fallon and Sanz could have been hanging out with famous ADULT actresses and comedians, not children.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bust Rodd posted:

This is the part that really creeps me out, TBH, because it isn’t something that I’d think you’d risk your entire career on. It implies that Sanz and Fallon discussed hanging out with and molesting children before hand rather than Sanz just showing up to a party with a literal child and Fallon just rolling with it… then again “yes, and!”

The whole thing really sounds like stuff you’d read on incel forums “I never hung out with girls as a kid, I was a loser studying improv and now I’m a famous adult reliving my sexual frustrated teen fantasies out…” but it’s just totally hosed because Fallon and Sanz could have been hanging out with famous ADULT actresses and comedians, not children.

Jimmy Fallon got set up with Nicole Kidman and didn't realize it was a set up and hosed the whole thing up. So I kinda get him not understanding "hey I'm gonna molest this kid" and then also not wanting to be the one to narc on a 16 year old drinking a bud light. Doesn't excuse it in any way, I just think comedians in general should be locked up for public safety.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Seinfeld dated a high schooler in the 90s so people in the upper echelons of New York's comedy circle are probably just used to this stuff by now.

There's a clip on the net of a comedian doing a set as Jerry talking about dating a HS lady

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a clip on the net of a comedian doing a set as Jerry talking about dating a HS lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8tCqwushM

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

SimonChris posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/08/12/britney-spears-jamie-spears-conservator-step-down/

It's being reported other places as well. I am not sure who to believe.

Edit: It seems like he expressed intent to step down at some point but haven't actually taken any steps to do so.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1426017224708460546?s=20

Here's a twitter lawyer with the clearest succinct way I've seen it. Like someone previously said, he wants to be absolved of all the awful things he did and the money he unrightfully took from her in return for stepping down.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Bust Rodd posted:

Fallon actually helped Sanz email the girl when she was 15, so your creep out is warranted!

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1426010005568987138?s=20

Also, what's lovely is how often that "well I'm just a dumb dude I didn't actually understand what I was doing" works (or at least used to). I've had dudes try to use that excuse to handwave other men's behavior as well. So loving ridiculous. You're right that it's incel as gently caress.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
bye bye jimmy fallon show

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everybody goes to these cast parties. Fallon was there. Tracy Morgan world have been there. Fred Armisen would have been there. Tina Fey would have been there. There's no way they didn't all know what was going on.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
I "enjoyed" the bit where everyone in the area fell silent after the girl said she was a junior in high school. There's no way people didn't know this girl was there. She went to multiple cast parties, and no way does an awkward teen not stand out.

Does anyone know what the Tracy Morgan party is about? It mentions Sanz trying to change his ways after it, so I wondered if there's more there.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

catapede posted:

Also, what's lovely is how often that "well I'm just a dumb dude I didn't actually understand what I was doing" works (or at least used to). I've had dudes try to use that excuse to handwave other men's behavior as well. So loving ridiculous. You're right that it's incel as gently caress.

"I was just a dumb guy, I didn't know what I was doing when I emailed her and asked for her phone number, and I continued to not know what I was doing when I asked for videos of her masturbating. I proceeded to have no idea what I was doing as I invited her to company party after company party, plying her with drinks and sticking my fingers inside her. You have to have to understand, at no point during my two years of contact with her did I know what I, an adult male, was doing!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

bye bye jimmy fallon show

tbh i kinda doubt that

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Seinfeld dated a high schooler in the 90s so people in the upper echelons of New York's comedy circle are probably just used to this stuff by now.

Dont forget Jeff Ross dating/assaulting an underrage girl at a comedy club for years

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jimmy Fallon is the networks golden boy. Nobody likes him except the executives and Lorne Michaels, but they really loving love him

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1426017224708460546?s=20

Here's a twitter lawyer with the clearest succinct way I've seen it. Like someone previously said, he wants to be absolved of all the awful things he did and the money he unrightfully took from her in return for stepping down.

If I was Brittaney Spears I'd agree to that and then have him killed. She's determined by a court to be mentally incompetent so she couldn't be held responsible for ordering the hit.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Skwirl posted:

If I was Brittaney Spears I'd agree to that and then have him killed. She's determined by a court to be mentally incompetent so she couldn't be held responsible for ordering the hit.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought similar things lol.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Forcing your former child star daughter to endlessly run through her 20 year old routines and keeping all the money and holding her children and partner hostage if you don’t comply” sounds too far fetched to be a Tarantino villain but he’s a real guy, just insane

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

catapede posted:

Fallon actually helped Sanz email the girl when she was 15, so your creep out is warranted!

https://twitter.com/sasimons/status/1426010005568987138?s=20

Holy poo poo this part of a 1995 New York Mag article mentioned in the comments:

Meanwhile, they make grudging progress on a sketch written by Norm MacDonald. It’s a parody of Andy Rooney—not exactly a fresh target. Rooney, played by MacDonald, is cleaning out his desk and finds a bottle of sedatives, empty except for cotton.

“Should I mention cotton more than once?” MacDonald asks, and it’s debated for ten minutes. No—just one cotton reference stays in, but now they can’t decide whether the pills are for the treatment of “hallucinations,” “mood swings,” “dementia,” or “NRA dementia.”

“That’s too much,” Downey says. “It’s his attitude that’s funny, the fact that he’s ignoring something that’s obviously important.”

MacDonald: “So I can say, ‘I don’t know what the pills are for—what I do know is, the bottle is mostly filled with cotton.’”

Franken: “And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or, ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Everybody goes to these cast parties. Fallon was there. Tracy Morgan world have been there. Fred Armisen would have been there. Tina Fey would have been there. There's no way they didn't all know what was going on.

I am shocked that Tina "just stay home and eat cake while neo Nazis march in the streets" Fey would ignore a 15 year old getting groomed at a cast party.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Please I am just begging you God please let Kenan Thompson be clean please I’m begging you just this once

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Burn all comedy except for Conan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bust Rodd posted:

Please I am just begging you God please let Kenan Thompson be clean please I’m begging you just this once

At least in regards to this particular set of incidents, he did not join the SNL cast until a couple of years later, he was still on Nickelodeon

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Burn all comedy except for Conan

He was there earlier, but Conan is an SNL alumni.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

He was there earlier, but Conan is an SNL alumni.

I know. Conan could eat a baby live on tv and he still gets a pass.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Bust Rodd posted:

At least in regards to this particular set of incidents, he did not join the SNL cast until a couple of years later, he was still on Nickelodeon

bad news, Bust Rodd, turns out every rumor about Dan Schneider was actually about an underage Kenan disguising himself as a 45 year old white guy with the use of level-17 illusion magic

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm wondering why it doesn't name the other person

Because they're not named in the suit. If someone's illegal acts are germaine to the case you keep their name out but their actions in to avoid prejudicing later suits.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love Conan but I'm like 99% certain he would not have said a word if a fellow SNL alum trotted out a school-age girlfriend at a Hollywood party. And tbh that's indictment enough. It's all too easy to say nothing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just thinking about this again all of sudden for no reason at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f59bSovKiMg

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I heard from a pretty solid source that the entire cast of All That also regularly brought high school juniors to their cast parties

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think Kenan got the SNL gig because an adult cast member brought a teenage Kenan to a wrap party and he impressed Lorne Michaels

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Rhyno posted:

I know. Conan could eat a baby live on tv and he still gets a pass.

its painful, but you dont lose anything by killing your heroes

there is so much art and music and literature and so on in the world that you dont need to hang on to the stuff that was made by people who you later found out were pedophiles or rapists

you dont have to let go of yourself either. you can still enjoy that period of your life where you didnt know they were terrible people

and you can search out new wonderful things!

(idk if conan did a bad thing, just in general)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Working on SNL at any time isn't a crime because Horatio Sanz. It's weird to imply that it is, and some of us should probably log off rather than fantasize up reasons why Conan is guilty of aiding and abetting some sex crimes that we don't know about yet but surely happened. I would ask that maybe we stick with credible accusations over speculative fiction.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Working on SNL at any time isn't a crime because Horatio Sanz. It's weird to imply that it is, and some of us should probably log off rather than fantasize up reasons why Conan is guilty of aiding and abetting some sex crimes that we don't know about yet but surely happened. I would ask that maybe we stick with credible accusations over speculative fiction.

I get your point but

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Working on SNL at any time isn't a crime

It probably should be.
this is a comment on the quality of the show, not anything to do with sex crimes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

In that kind of atmosphere, seeing underage girls at those parties barely warrants a second glance its such a constant feature.

Burger Records, if that got posted here, was pretty much the exact same. A local cornerstone of the Socal music scene and hangout, and the musicians in there 20s and 30s were literally bringing girls over from the nearby highschool to party, drink, smoke, etc and no one, including the store owners ever bothered to raise any issues with it for years.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Men, especially rich men, "dating" underaged girls was a normalized thing until very recently. Hell, a distressingly large number of people still don't see it as a problem.

I'm not trying to defend that, and I'm certainly not trying to say that makes it okay, but for many decades a twenty or thirty or forty or fifty year old man having a sixteen year old girlfriend was just something society as a whole was okay with.

And, like, what could you even do if you weren't okay with it? Call the cops? They're not going to arrest a rich guy in the 90's, and they still rarely do that now.

It is, again, only recently that most (but not all) people have started seeing this is a problem. Mostly because social media has given the women that it was done to when they were underage teens a platform to say "Hey, this sucked for me actually and I don't want it to happen to anyone else." And thank loving God for that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea

the one (1) good thing social media ever did

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Men, especially rich men, "dating" underaged girls was a normalized thing until very recently. Hell, a distressingly large number of people still don't see it as a problem.

I'm not trying to defend that, and I'm certainly not trying to say that makes it okay, but for many decades a twenty or thirty or forty or fifty year old man having a sixteen year old girlfriend was just something society as a whole was okay with.

And, like, what could you even do if you weren't okay with it? Call the cops? They're not going to arrest a rich guy in the 90's, and they still rarely do that now.

It is, again, only recently that most (but not all) people have started seeing this is a problem. Mostly because social media has given the women that it was done to when they were underage teens a platform to say "Hey, this sucked for me actually and I don't want it to happen to anyone else." And thank loving God for that.

gently caress. Yeah, "trading her in for a younger model" is one of those indications that dating a young girl is seen as a status symbol, and it's too often not questioned because people literally don't see the girl in question as a person.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

davidspackage posted:

gently caress. Yeah, "trading her in for a younger model" is one of those indications that dating a young girl is seen as a status symbol, and it's too often not questioned because people literally don't see the girl in question as a person.

There’s definitely nothing weird or predatory about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

They're adults, they can gently caress old celebrities if they want

Apparently he can't form lasting relationships, but that's not a crime