Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Nordick posted:

Utterly ruined game, 2/10

boooo boooo

edit: where do the devs read for feedback, I'll post poo poo every day until they revert catapult ragdoll

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I played and didn't hate it. I haven't played since the first 2 weeks after it came out though I think?

I felt like most of the shittiness was my own ineptitude

Or getting blocked in by teammates

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
10/10 bullet cam dane axes into archer noggins erry day.

Cross bind with flourish for extra bm.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

One handed spear is re-enabled. Attack animations have been adjusted, and the slash attack is now a stab variant (similar to how Spear works)
You are no longer able to instantly initiate a counter after hitting the world
Slightly increased delay on spamming counters immediately after landing a hit
Fixed a bug where countering an attack at the last possible moment would block any attack type (including specials and kicks)
Stabs start damage slightly later, making them easier to react to (Yes, we’re talking to you Messer)
On combat zone switch when objective changes, only defenders will now be forward spawned
Fixed votekick
Votekick threshold is now 45% of players on one team in order for a votekick to succeed
Multiple server crash fixes
Bot backfill now removes bots and replaces with players properly
You can now mute other players

oh my god they did it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Played for a little bit. The new map objective map Galencourt is fun, though of course people were complaining that it wasn't balanced, haven't played it enough to really say if thats true or not.

The new female agatha voice has an awful battle cry which is unfortunate. The Mason female voice is okay.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I just assumed those were archers, good to see they finally added more than 1 gender

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

new short spear is great. it feels easier to use despite being less OP bc its actually readable

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 11, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i cant get the game to actually use my custom armor selection in the matches even tho it displays on the pre match customization screens, any suggestions frands?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Statutory Ape posted:

i cant get the game to actually use my custom armor selection in the matches even tho it displays on the pre match customization screens, any suggestions frands?

There is a bug and they're working on it apparently.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Hub Cat posted:

There is a bug and they're working on it apparently.

they sure got some iron clad code out there

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://imgur.com/a/4x6GU5E.png

Stats are here but some of them are buggy.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ah so good they changed a weapon i dont use and nullified 40 levels of armor unlocks

Statutory Ape posted:

Did they make it better or worse

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://imgur.com/a/4x6GU5E.png

Stats are here but some of them are buggy.

Yeah, mine showed 0 for everything when I first went to look yesterday and only updated what I had actually used in my playtime. Haven't looked to see if it unfucked itself since.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

The new Agatha voice is really meh but the Mason voice is great. The battle cry is so incredibly long it's funny.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 12, 2021

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Ooof. Dane Axe seems like it took a hit. Or my skills did, could be either.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Are there some graphical settings I can tweak to get better framerates in the new maps? I swear I lose 15-20 fps on the two new ones compared to the old ones.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

You aren't alone on the new map fps thing based on in game chat

I ended up dropping my (maxed) fov by 5 or something since I figured it was the easiest out

I also run the game at 1440 so maybe fov makes more sense to adjust at higher res idk

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Kind of a weird name for the Chivalry thread imo. New map kicks rear end, seems very defender biased though.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

As red team my w:l is like 6:1 on blue team it's like 1:5

Overall I mean

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Comrayn posted:

Kind of a weird name for the Chivalry thread imo. New map kicks rear end, seems very defender biased though.

What happens past the church? Or is that the end

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I’ve not seen it, but there’s a new boss type character at the end the attackers need to kill, The Monk.

Tony Shalhoub himself

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Monk isn’t a boss just a fun spawn option, instead you smash a church and defile a tomb. If the performance wasn’t so bad it would be my favorite map:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chivalry 2 has to be one of the more bugged but still kind of fun games i've played. new lady voices dont work, i cant use gold to unlock hair parts and my custom characters dont show up anyway, but hey i killed a man with a shrubbery

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Comrayn posted:

it's a reference to the contortionist reverse overheads/instant full damage startup hip twists/crouching beyblade poo poo these games always end up getting plagued by + you scream a lot in chiv

new map's cool, echoing the FPS issues on my end too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After about 45 hours with chiv 2 I'm torn between how much fun in can be and how it just feels like complete loving luck based nonsense, to the point where I'm not sure the whole medieval battlefield thing even works as a video game. Whether or not I have a great round or one that is total poo poo feels like 75% luck and 25% skill at best. And most of the time it feels like a simulation of going to the grocery store and having and elderly person block the aisle with their cart while standing in front of the thing you need to buy.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

And most of the time it feels like a simulation of going to the grocery store and having and elderly person block the aisle with their cart while standing in front of the thing you need to buy.

Haha, glad to see someone nailing the feeling via words

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think the devs would be well served by giving their respawn system a strong looking at

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

veni veni veni posted:

After about 45 hours with chiv 2 I'm torn between how much fun in can be and how it just feels like complete loving luck based nonsense, to the point where I'm not sure the whole medieval battlefield thing even works as a video game. Whether or not I have a great round or one that is total poo poo feels like 75% luck and 25% skill at best. And most of the time it feels like a simulation of going to the grocery store and having and elderly person block the aisle with their cart while standing in front of the thing you need to buy.

I regularly do well and I'm not lucky by nature.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
While, yes, the teams here are very uneven, the score discrepancy here can't really be chocked up to that alone. You absolutely can be good at the game without luck being involved a lot of the time.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

mdct posted:

While, yes, the teams here are very uneven, the score discrepancy here can't really be chocked up to that alone. You absolutely can be good at the game without luck being involved a lot of the time.

Right, i've had rounds where I've ate poo poo repeatedly. It happens, people can be better than you in a video game and it isn't some mystical energy that gives you a +1 or -1

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Ichabod Tane posted:

I regularly do well and I'm not lucky by nature.

Post your KDR bro

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the game should reward you in some fashion for when you're fighting a person and an archer tries to snipe either one of you, and you both immediately and silently agree that whatever our disagreement, it can surely be put aside until we've disemboweled the little flinger of sticks n stone

i love FFA

also, under no circumstances do i advise playing FFA

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
3v3 ARENA is great, especially when it bugs out and had my party of three face off against a single dude. Dramatically, he threw his shield into the stands and hurled his sword into the center of the line of sand between us. Cooly awaiting our response, he pumped his fists together and waited...
We obliged, and in the ensuing rounds of bloody fisticuffs, all became legends.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You can actually counter without a weapon. There’s a streamer I keep running into and he was doing it, with a shield though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Roumba posted:

3v3 ARENA is great, especially when it bugs out and had my party of three face off against a single dude. Dramatically, he threw his shield into the stands and hurled his sword into the center of the line of sand between us. Cooly awaiting our response, he pumped his fists together and waited...
We obliged, and in the ensuing rounds of bloody fisticuffs, all became legends.

I've had that happen on miss matched teams and let me tell you, there is no honor among those that team up on one fighter. god drat take your turn in the duel you cowards! :argh:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

proud of this kill

https://i.imgur.com/wuJQfbc.mp4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

the game should reward you in some fashion for when you're fighting a person and an archer tries to snipe either one of you, and you both immediately and silently agree that whatever our disagreement, it can surely be put aside until we've disemboweled the little flinger of sticks n stone

i love FFA

also, under no circumstances do i advise playing FFA

FFA is great. it's pretty much all I play if no one else is online to party up with. Ironically I find it the best place to get into good 1v1 battles. I mean yeah there is always someone trying to poach that last hit but in general I find it a bit more spread out and easier to get into a good skirmish without 5 teammates or enemies coming out of nowhere. And even when it's a clusterfuck it's fun because there's no team damage to worry about.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Not sure if it's on every map, but I came across a bug earlier on the courtyard map where it wouldn't render or register a player's hitbox. Was messing around in offline FFA and there were 2 bots with. O hitboxes battling one another. Encountered it last night as well in regular online play against an archer who was impervious to my attacks. Not sure if it's a known bug or what, should probably look into it a bit more. Frustrating as hell though since you can still be attacked by an unhittable character

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
You’re not the only one.

I still love this ding dong game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol. Playing as archer in FFA is so fun. Once you start doing well people make a beeline for you as soon as they start getting pelted with arrows