Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1426189398471815170

V: Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

You have to try really hard to out tank Buffalo, but Columbus is going about it the right way.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Duckman2008 posted:

You have to try really hard to out tank Buffalo, but Columbus is going about it the right way.

The Wright Way

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I don't see how he cracks the lineup, so it has to be a depth move which has the fringe benefit of having somebody who can be called up to run Tom Wilson.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
fun fact: zac rinaldo is only 31 years old

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zac barely even cracked Calgary's roster last year which should tell you something.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't see how he cracks the lineup, so it has to be a depth move which has the fringe benefit of having somebody who can be called up to run Tom Wilson.

We thank CBJ for their contribution to combat Tom Wilson.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

My knees hurt.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol Tom Wilson is going to keep Rinaldo employed on two way contracts until he's 40

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I honestly thought Rinaldo retired like 3 years ago.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Jumbo missed walking around shirtless in winter.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I honestly thought Rinaldo retired like 3 years ago.

he may as well have

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1426203144036528131

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/1426210637374496771?s=19

Good, now make it the permanent home jersey

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Congrats to Rangers North

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Honestly can't shake the feeling that Winnipeg is going to abruptly collapse Columbus style next year

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Zac Ronaldo was on Calgary's roster??

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Honestly can't shake the feeling that Winnipeg is going to abruptly collapse Columbus style next year

I support this feeling and you're probably correct. But Maurice will still have a job.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I feel quite optimistic about next season but this would also not surprise me, especially if anything happens to Hellebuyck. Scheifele and Wheeler keep getting older, PLD is a huge question mark, and there's no cap space to do anything else with this roster.

Regardless of what happens, Paul Maurice should be fired.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

mennoknight posted:

Zac Ronaldo was on Calgary's roster??

Cavalry FC, maybe?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

eXXon posted:

Cavalry FC, maybe?

Autocorrect strikes twice in a row, niiiiiice

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Chad Sexington posted:

I mean, I'd rather have him on the PP than Sam Bennett?

e: Orlov is goddamn tank.

https://twitter.com/NoVa_Caps/status/1425550655012458504

goddamn

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

FBS posted:

I feel quite optimistic about next season but this would also not surprise me, especially if anything happens to Hellebuyck. Scheifele and Wheeler keep getting older, PLD is a huge question mark, and there's no cap space to do anything else with this roster.

Regardless of what happens, Paul Maurice should be fired.

Tucker Poolman not being on the roster for Maurice to give top pairing minutes to will help a lot as well. Dillon and Schmidt are big upgrades to what they had last year, and Heinola is probably going to earn a spot at some point next season.

The Jets D is looking the best it has since Buff retired, sucks for them that Sami Niku looked like poo poo every time he played last year, he looked like a good prospect at one point

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

I mean, I'd rather have him on the PP than Sam Bennett?

e: Orlov is goddamn tank.

https://twitter.com/NoVa_Caps/status/1425550655012458504

Regular box jumps are rough. I can't imagine doing these.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Zac Rinaldo is the only player I know who got suspended in the NHL while clearing waivers, sent down before serving his suspension (meaning he would need to serve it if he got called up) and then immediately getting suspended in the AHL in either the 1st or second game he played there.

Edit: a word doubled

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/1426227055033737217

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Autocorrect strikes twice in a row, niiiiiice

Cavalry FC is the name of Calgary's top soccer team. I was very careful to look this up to make an accurate, mediocre throwaway joke.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers apparently hired an AGM and GM for Hartford, Ryan Martin. Was AGM of Detroit for like the past 10 years and GM of Grand Rapids

Seems decent

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yes when I think of teams that have developed well in the last decade, I definitely think of the Red Wings.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yes when I think of teams that have developed well in the last decade, I definitely think of the Red Wings.

As long as they trolled his twitter history first.

And let's be honest, he probably didn't get to pick who got sent to him to develop. So if you don't draft well, you can only do so much for development.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Grand Rapids won the Calder Cup twice with him as GM :shrug:

Hard to tell how much direct impact an AGM has on the NHL side of things and player development

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit by and wide has seemed to leave Grand Rapids and Toledo to their own devices, and both have been overall very good in their respective leagues, for whatever that may or may not tell you.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Its not necessarily about who is being sent to develop, but how players are deployed and for what reason. If the goal is for the AHL team to win, you're going to have AHL vets getting top line minutes in all situations vs teams that focus on development pushing their young guys into those situations.

I realize that that is more about organizational philosophy as a whole but the AGM and GM of the AHL team absolutely has input with that stuff.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Regular box jumps are rough. I can't imagine doing these.

When looking up hockey workouts, I recently discovered that knee jumps are a thing and I tried to do it, failed miserably.

Not only do you have to be strong and fast, but you got to rewire your brain to convince your muscles that this is a motion that's possible. After a couple weeks I was sorta kinda able to pull one off but it's pretty abysmal how bad it looks.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit also hasn't cared much about their youth pipeline when they spent the last 15 years replenishing the ranks by signing endless 3rd line free agent grinders born in Saginaw or Battle Creek

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I can tell you that just dumping your prospects in the AHL and doing little to support them by signing good AHL talent is also not a particularly good way to develop prospects.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

I can tell you that just dumping your prospects in the AHL and doing little to support them by signing good AHL talent is also not a particularly good way to develop prospects.

See: Sheldon Keefe's Calder Cup runs (1 win) as coach of the Marlies, the team was just actual NHLers (Kapanen, Johnsson, Dermott) coming down after the Leafs had been eliminated and a bunch of old AHL vets carrying the bus, not developing anybody that was a tweener into anything of note.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Tatar, Nyquist, and Smith(lol) are the only real players of note that came out of those grand rapids teams despite its success

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Levitate posted:

I don't think anyone has suggested that.

It would be good if there were better stats about the AHL including ice time because unless you're able to watch those AHL games or read a ton about it from specific people its so difficult to understand how teams deploy their players.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

See: Sheldon Keefe's Calder Cup runs (1 win) as coach of the Marlies, the team was just actual NHLers (Kapanen, Johnsson, Dermott) coming down after the Leafs had been eliminated and a bunch of old AHL vets carrying the bus, not developing anybody that was a tweener into anything of note.

This was one of the problems the Oilers had before moving to Bakersfield. OKC was independently owned and they had trouble developing players because OKC wouldn't push prospects up the ladder unless they were already essentially NHL players (and at that point, you should be in the NHL)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I don't think anyone has suggested that.

It would be good if there were better stats about the AHL including ice time because unless you're able to watch those AHL games or read a ton about it from specific people its so difficult to understand how teams deploy their players.

Nah I'm just saying I think you need to use good AHL players to help support your prospects and not just have it be this loser dumping ground you hope guys will score some points in and then move on.