Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the slumlord who owns the traphouse I always post about got shot in the head there yesterday, cops were everywhere

surprised I didn't hear it, heard the cops though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
this is real big news on my block everyone is talking about it. crackheads outside say he's gonna be eating from a straw lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

LMAO

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i live in ottawa and even i've heard of this guy, or at least, i remember the lols when he got caught for trafficking while out on bail for hiring a couple of bums to beat up a tenant

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

rotor posted:

I teach coding to junior high students and this is 100% of a thing. The computers they use have all abstracted away things like directories so they never see them. Telling 14 year olds that "its' like nested file folders" is like speaking an alien language. I've started using a metaphor of "locating a small thing in your house from orbit." First you go to North American continent, then you go the USA, then you go to California, then you go to Fresno, OH NO you're in the wrong place! go back up to California, go to SF, go to your house, go to your room, go to your drawers, go to the top drawer, then the thing you want is there.

the great thing is that we can now bring back all of the computer instruction materials from our respective youths because back when personal computers were a new thing, everyone had to learn this from first principles

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

SmokaDustbowl posted:

this is real big news on my block everyone is talking about it. crackheads outside say he's gonna be eating from a straw lol

this is just me but i wouldnt take medical opinions from crackheads

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ive never known you to take any advice from anyone so that checks out

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

i live in ottawa and even i've heard of this guy, or at least, i remember the lols when he got caught for trafficking while out on bail for hiring a couple of bums to beat up a tenant

he's on my block all the time, I just saw him yesterday before he got blasted even lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag posted:

this is just me but i wouldnt take medical opinions from crackheads

I'm saying that it's such a thing even strangers outside my window are gossiping about it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

jesus WEP posted:

ive never known you to take any advice from anyone so that checks out

that's different, my hijinks are incredibly funny

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

we got a ooMomo here and it's basically Japanese dollarama

it's insane - like this giant warehouse of cheap poo poo but it's foreign so you buy all of it

some coffee, various snacks, tea cups, noodles and a glasses case for my wife

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the slumlord who owns the traphouse I always post about got shot in the head there yesterday, cops were everywhere

surprised I didn't hear it, heard the cops though

lol owned

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vintersorg posted:

it's insane - like this giant warehouse of cheap poo poo but it's foreign so you buy all of it

man i wish i could go out and buy random bullshit at corner stores again
but alas i have no reason to go outside and even less money

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiYmCVikjo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i have this album on vinyl
from my stepdad
he bought it in the 80s

it's in very good condition and is one of my favourite albums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldH9EyOf7Xk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1426244579502739463

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

c comic s: joey the rat was p cool

i also got the ryan north slaughterhouse five the other day but im just not feeling it rn

mystes
May 31, 2006

quote:

DimmestImmp 14h49m

This post is a honeypot written by a somethingawful goon and it worked fantastically. So many of them are smirking and stroking their neckbeards as they read this and chortling about how superior they are to Redditors.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bought another domain
http://wetskrell.space
it is an elaborate ss13 joke

i did not buy an SSL cert for it because im a cheap gently caress

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

hbag posted:

i did not buy an SSL cert for it because im a cheap gently caress

use letsencrypt op

or just host it in aws and use acm

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao at buying tls certs

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

what is the raccoon tree thing. it looks cool.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

he's right

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I caught my girlfriend posting in the linux thread about tiling window managers and now I can’t look her straight in the eye.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i tried using i3 once and then almost immediately went back to kde plasma

mystes
May 31, 2006

I feel very judged.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCIc0FKD3dM

currently listening to this and zoning the gently caress out
wanna buy some mugwort smoking blend but im broke af

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

buy fewer domains

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

hbag posted:

i have this album on vinyl
from my stepdad
he bought it in the 80s

it's in very good condition and is one of my favourite albums

your stepdad sounds p cool tbh

what’s his forums name

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Achmed Jones posted:

buy fewer domains

two bucks a year is not going to bankrupt me

eschaton posted:

your stepdad sounds p cool tbh

what’s his forums name

he doesnt have one as far as im aware
but he is pretty cool yeah
he also gave me an old jello biafra shirt that he also bought in the 80s or some poo poo that doesnt fit him anymore
its fuckin sick

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

he also complimented my operation ivy tshirt one time

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

If he tries to give you Frankenchrist or Bedtime for Democracy, politely decline and retreat to a safe distance

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

thank you

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

If he tries to give you Frankenchrist or Bedtime for Democracy, politely decline and retreat to a safe distance

hey i like frankenchrist
i think
its been a while since i listened to it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I have both on vinyl lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the only other DK poo poo i have on vinyl is uhhh in god we trust, inc and a collection of singles
i DO have the last temptation of reid by lard but somehow one side of it is warped to poo poo while the other side is perfectly fine

i also got "white people and the damage done" by jello biafra & the guantanamo school of medicine

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

what are you talking about?! they’re great albums!

where do you draw the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hbag posted:

the only other DK poo poo i have on vinyl is uhhh in god we trust, inc and a collection of singles
i DO have the last temptation of reid by lard but somehow one side of it is warped to poo poo while the other side is perfectly fine

i also got "white people and the damage done" by jello biafra & the guantanamo school of medicine

buy less albums