Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

I'm not convinced a HEPA filter for your entire house is even worth it. I just go the cheapest filter route for the HVAC and replace it every 3 months, then a small individual HEPA unit in each of mine and the kid's bedroom. I'm not even convinced the individual unit is even necessary but I've been sleeping like that since I was a teenager and at this point I need the white noise.

Despite not having a HEPA unit for the entire house, I completely missed both last fall's ragweed and this spring's tree pollen seasons because I only left the house once a week. The cheapo filters still do plenty of work.

I would prefer not to have small appliances in each room and instead have one system serving the whole home.

Also I have a tangential problem, no AC, so the house fan isn't on all summer and I rely on opening the windows and a small window shaker in my bedroom. So if I'm upgrading the furnace I may as well do both AC and better filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

fischtick posted:

Had to stop by my empty, abandoned office for a moment last week. Worked up a thirst, but the only drinks in the place were room temperature LaCroix. Grabbed a lemon, and cracked it open as I walked out of the building. Dying of thirst, I kicked it back and took two big gulps.

It wasn't lemon, it was Limoncello.

Oh god. Oh no. Oh god oh no. It tastes like lemon LaCroix with an added "essence" of vanilla and maybe an "essence" of cream? It tastes like limoncello burps going in. The burps taste like you're burping someone else's limoncello burp. Forever. ))<>((

I don't understand why people like LaCroix. It's so bad.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
As opposed to all the things you like, which I'm sure are great.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Vintage or Polar. LaCroix is offensive in comparison

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Relevant Tangent posted:

I don't understand why people like LaCroix. It's so bad.

It was literally the only thing to drink in the office. I like an ice cold Arnold Palmer, made with sun ripened lemons and tea whose leaves are individually crushed between the virgin thighs of Costco employees, but that wasn’t an option.

Our furnace takes a monster filter that’s the size of a desktop pc and never goes on sale. We’re trying out one of these winix filters as a complement this year. The forest fire smoke finally started settling around us this week, so we’ll see how it goes.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

This is the second time that purifier has been on sale right when I can't afford it because of other expenses. gently caress my luck.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Polar > Aha > La Croix

La Croix somehow only has like two good flavours and they've been around longer than like any other seltzer afaik

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Anecdotal evidence re: AC filtering.

I have a ~2,700 sq ft ranch style house from the 80s that isn't the most air tight so dust gets around pretty easily. I bought a handheld anemometer to balance the air flow through all of the registers and get a baseline of air flow.

I then started playing with higher MERV air filters in the AC to see if it made a noticeable difference. These to be exact: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HTL3H4S

I saw no air flow difference when they were new but after about a month, I could register less airflow. I also noticed an obvious improvement in dust settling and quality of the air. I also have a couple of those room HEPA filters with sensors on them. When I first got them they were off the charts running full blast all the time. Once I added the MERV 13 filters to the AC, they calmed down and worked less.

However, I do have to change the AC filter every month like clockwork otherwise it does start to restrict. I figure from that Amazon box of 6, that's just shy of $12 a month for cleaner air.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Limoncello La Croix tastes fine. Y'all acting like Sam's Club members up in here

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Fake James posted:

Limoncello La Croix tastes fine. Y'all acting like Sam's Club members up in here

:monocle: No need for harsh language!!!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Fake James posted:

:mods:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah I thought we didn't tolerate such slurs in these here forums

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Fake James posted:

Pretty strong opinions for someone enjoys consuming trash, the telltale sign of a Sam's Club member

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Whoever said the key lime has a creamy taste to it nearly ruined it for me. I taste it now. I still think it's one of the best flavors.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah I don't care for the cream flavor part either

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
So the deal with furnace filters is that if your furnace plenum has a filter box that takes a 1” filter then yes a heap filleted will definitely kill your motor prematurely. If you have a 3 or 4 inch box the filter pleats are way bigger and you have the surface area that it can probably handle the finer filtration. That’s why 4” filters exist. I installed my furnace with my dad when I was poor, young, and dumb and my dad ordered the plenum from a DIY heating and cooling store so I have a 1” box and use the cheap filters. I am considering seeing if I can modify my plenum to run a thicker filter, but I am not sure if they make them in 14”x20”.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Inspector 34 posted:

As opposed to all the things you like, which I'm sure are great.

What an odd thing to get defensive about.

Weird.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hasselblad posted:

What an odd thing to get defensive about.

Weird.

seltzer people, man

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like

*checks notes*

Costco

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Renegret posted:

I like

*checks notes*

Costco

As opposed to loving Costco?

:colbert:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why doesn't they love Costco?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

StormDrain posted:

Whoever said the key lime has a creamy taste to it nearly ruined it for me. I taste it now. I still think it's one of the best flavors.

the thing that brought me around to the key lime and limoncello flavor la croix was deciding for myself that they're more candy flavored than fruit juice flavored. if you compare them to your favorite "realistic" lime/lemon flavored seltzer, yeah, they might taste off. but all seltzers in the vein of la croix just use a secret proprietary mix of natural flavorings: look on the can for your favorite seltzer flavor which you swear is the most realistic, and you will most likely not find a breakdown of which specific natural flavorings are in it...

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i know i was advocating for only doing the pepperoni slice earlier in the thread but i've decided that right now in my life i need to go fully hot dog. i'm just in a selfish period of my life and i need to only pay attention to hot dog. i'm sorry, pepperoni slice

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

i know i was advocating for only doing the pepperoni slice earlier in the thread but i've decided that right now in my life i need to go fully hot dog. i'm just in a selfish period of my life and i need to only pay attention to hot dog. i'm sorry, pepperoni slice

just wrap the hotdog in a slice of pizza

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

kloa posted:

just wrap the hotdog in a slice of pizza

Is combo pizza back yet? That might be the one way to get onions on your Costco Hotdog without bringing your own.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
New food court peeps at my 'Co might be overcooking the chicken bakes and it is delicious

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Clavavisage posted:

New food court peeps at my 'Co might be overcooking the chicken bakes and it is delicious

Maybe a new recipe or something? I recently tried a chicken bake again and it's much better than the disappointing chicken bakes from the recent past. The crust was much crisper and the filling generous and saucy, almost like how I remember them from a really long time ago.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Welp, getting a Costco membership again this week. I don't enjoy shopping at Costco, but I also love Costco products. :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've found a brand of seltzer I won't drink. I drink LaCroix, aHA and Bubbly mostly.

Gonna go to Church this week and get that LG vacuum that's on sale. I'll let you guys know how it is!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

speaking of vacuums, during my last store trip i saw vacuums going for like $500+ and it was just low and mid tier brands, like dyson for example. if you're gonna spend that kind of money on a vacuum i don't understand why you wouldn't just get a miele :shobon:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I miss the combo slice.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bitchin sauce was 6 bucks at my local Costco!

I dumped a bunch ona salad made it real healthy like

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bitchin' sauce is very much not healthy.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
They put it on a salad. The vegetables make the insane amount of fat evaporate. That's just science.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Bitchin' sauce is very much not healthy.

What are you? The bitchin sauce police.?!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

seems fine to me :thunk:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imma pour bitchin sauce on u! Make u even more bitchin

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Grabed some paper towels/tp today.

Also impulse bought a wheel of Jasper Hills Farms Harbison. Moldy stanky cheese. I couldn't resist.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

speaking of vacuums, during my last store trip i saw vacuums going for like $500+ and it was just low and mid tier brands, like dyson for example. if you're gonna spend that kind of money on a vacuum i don't understand why you wouldn't just get a miele :shobon:

I'm working on bullying my S/O into letting me drop the money a proper vacuum, aka the Miele that Costco sells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I bought the vacuum