Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just put my kiddo down to bed and am pouring a bourbon. Still only mobile.

##vote plastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do legitimately turn into a pumpkin soon. Going to open a bottle of wine and sit outside with my wife here shortly.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
##unvote

rolling over the merits of somber choosing not to hammer merk and then opening up a vote on voodoo as a dark horse candidate

it feels very earnest to me, i have a hard time seeing the advantage of it as a ploy or stratagem

it could work as a straightforward bus, somber/voodoo scumteam was definitely on the table. but why not simply have voodoo join the victorious somber vote?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

merk posted:

I just put my kiddo down to bed and am pouring a bourbon. Still only mobile.

##vote plastic

merk posted:

I do legitimately turn into a pumpkin soon. Going to open a bottle of wine and sit outside with my wife here shortly.

Mixing bourbon and wine reminds me of a hellish hangover I had a couple of months back.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

the holy poopacy posted:

##unvote

rolling over the merits of somber choosing not to hammer merk and then opening up a vote on voodoo as a dark horse candidate

it feels very earnest to me, i have a hard time seeing the advantage of it as a ploy or stratagem

it could work as a straightforward bus, somber/voodoo scumteam was definitely on the table. but why not simply have voodoo join the victorious somber vote?

It probably makes most sense if merk and somber are both scum. I don’t think they are but it would fit just looking at votes.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

It’s the same thing merk said doubling down on who he wanted to vote.

I'm still willing to post. Merk said 'im turning off my computer and never posting again, vote hal. '

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

I'm still willing to post. Merk said 'im turning off my computer and never posting again, vote hal. '

And he is still posting?

I just don’t see why this makes him scum. Or why you think it makes him scum. If anything wouldn’t refusing to move just be an easy thing to do as scum? Moving at the end opens you up to inspection.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

And he is still posting?

I just don’t see why this makes him scum. Or why you think it makes him scum. If anything wouldn’t refusing to move just be an easy thing to do as scum? Moving at the end opens you up to inspection.

Are you being dense? or trying to gaslight me? I literally said this:

gay for gacha posted:

I'm not moving my vote. Merk thought his little 'im not posting again all day thing' would get people to vote hal and then it didn't happen so he posted again.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

It probably makes most sense if merk and somber are both scum. I don’t think they are but it would fit just looking at votes.

it's a hell of a hail mary. one or the other is still likely to go down, and if e.g. merk flips scum somber doesn't necessarily come off better for having abstained from hammering scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, a bunch of stupid work drama popped up a couple minutes after I made that last post and I've been dealing with it on my only day off here.

Little puzzled about the plastic switch but I'll dig in I guess.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Referee posted:

I figured this was just a jokephase comment. Are you implying you were serious? Or referring to someone else I missed?

(Answer “it’s me” or “not me” so you can keep your PR going, I guess.)

It’s dolph

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

And he is still posting?

Also my guy, that's literally what Merk tried to do. Merk tried to park his vote on Hal, so that he wouldn't be opened up to inspection.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Poop why wont you vote for Merk?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

Also my guy, that's literally what Merk tried to do. Merk tried to park his vote on Hal, so that he wouldn't be opened up to inspection.

I know. Hence irony. You called him scum for doing something as you did the exact same thing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

##vote voodoofly

I’m in.

merk posted:

Voodoo, as scum, only really makes sense if you or poop is scum though, somber. Why would he stick his neck out like that d1 to get steak unless he needed to help a buddy?

Voodoofly posted:

I’m up for not voting any of you but you probably won’t convince me to vote myself.

PA. maer. Taste (not a lurker vote I think it’s scummy as hell and taste is good enough to pull this as scum). Maybe IA, he pinged me on reread today.

But yeah I don’t really think you or somber are scum. Or Hal honestly.

merk posted:

I’d also go plastic I think.

that turned around quickly

i'm curious about where this voodoo thing goes but I'm more curious about the flip that somber didn't want to see

##vote merk

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I know. Hence irony. You called him scum for doing something as you did the exact same thing.

Lol this is a weird gaslight thing. I'm not moving my vote because at this point scum is scrambling around trying to divert attention in the last few hours of the day.

Merk is not moving his vote because he uh either

1) Doesn't want to vote for Somber because scum bro
2) trying to distract or cause some comotion last minute to allow his scum bros to put in work.

There is a clear difference and if you don't get it so be it.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Oh and to be clear, Merk tried to do it and it got rejected and that's why he's posting again....

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

gay for gacha posted:

Poop why wont you vote for Merk?

i'm working on it!!

i was looking at getting the voodoo vote up and running again so i went to look at merk's voodoo vote to figure out why he switched and uhhhh yeah that was not a good look for merk imo

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I have to go with my gut and ##vote merk

I guess I haven't been in a situation where he's potentially voted off as town but the melodramatics aren't swaying me and he hasn't been "scum hunting" so much as finding any valid target to vote and then changing when that one won't fly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

t a s t e posted:

It’s dolph

?????

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LN66A9bCF_U

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno, plastic feels tunneled in on me but I don't really understand their arguments in a way where I feel like I can meaningfully critique them.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

But most importantly this post.

...Now on the surface, this doesn't really stand out. Somber was on Poopacy all day but repeatedly said that Steak was his second vote. It makes sense, Steak was the closer of the two options, and his PGO claim had cemented things. Which makes his response to B-Minus' post really weird!

Now, maybe I'm just stuck on Somber, but this feels really weird when Somber was the 11th hour vote saying he didn't feel bad anymore after Steak's claim.

Yes, maybe you are just stuck on me. Yes, on the surface it does not stand out, and it doesn't stand out when you dig deeper either. I dunno, I just don't quite understand.

I think there's a better chance plastic flips scum than merk but I can't say I'm excited about it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

That's -1

Also I don't care if taste is town or scum, I'm down with voting taste D3 if this doesn't drop because it's loving annoying:

t a s t e posted:

It’s dolph

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Votecount for Day 2

merk (6): Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Hal Insandenza, Referee, Sandwolf, gay for gacha, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Voodoofly, the holy poopacy, Maerlyn
Somberbrero (3): t a s t e, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, Idle Amalgam, gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, merk, merk, the holy poopacy
PlasticAutomaton (2): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, merk
Voodoofly (1): gay for gacha, gay for gacha, Somberbrero, merk, merk
Hal Insandenza (1): merk, b-minus1, Somberbrero, merk, merk, merk, Somberbrero
Maerlyn (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Idle Amalgam (0): merk, merk
the holy poopacy (0): b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Referee (0): gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, Sandwolf, merk, merk, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 51 minutes.

Are you loving it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

I have to go with my gut and ##vote merk

I guess I haven't been in a situation where he's potentially voted off as town but the melodramatics aren't swaying me and he hasn't been "scum hunting" so much as finding any valid target to vote and then changing when that one won't fly.

I know it's easy enough but votes like this make me not want to.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

i think the characterization of merk's eod voting pattern is accurate

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Didn't you just dangle a vote over his head for voting for you?

Somberbrero posted:

I could move my vote right now and flip you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Stop eliminating me as obvious, hard working town moving forward.

Good luck, town. Scum has this in the bag if you don’t have some ace up your sleeve.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Stop eliminating me as obvious, hard working town moving forward.

Good luck, town. Scum has this in the bag if you don’t have some ace up your sleeve.

You are certainly pushing this narrative.

Plastic is not someone I have thought much about, I’ll give them a look now

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

Didn't you just dangle a vote over his head for voting for you?

I pointed out that there was no scum motivation for me continuing the conversation. But, I tire of this. I look forward to being voted regardless of merk's flip. If he is town, I avoided hammering as it would look scummy. If he is scum, obviously I tried to move the vote off my teammate.

##vote merk

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Although I do think merk is scummy, I don't understand how somber has escaped being flipped. Going to take a look at the merk votes.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
never mind :redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (7): Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Hal Insandenza, Referee, Sandwolf, gay for gacha, Voodoofly, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Voodoofly, the holy poopacy, Maerlyn, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (3): t a s t e, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, Idle Amalgam, gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, merk, merk, the holy poopacy
PlasticAutomaton (2): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, merk
Hal Insandenza (1): merk, b-minus1, Somberbrero, merk, merk, merk, Somberbrero
Maerlyn (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Idle Amalgam (0): merk, merk
the holy poopacy (0): b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
Voodoofly (0): gay for gacha, gay for gacha, Somberbrero, merk, merk, Somberbrero
b-minus1 (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Referee (0): gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, Sandwolf, merk, merk, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Are you loving it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk was executed!

quote:

You're the Fry Kids! Your role is that of Vanilla. You have no extraordinary abilities, except for your ability to vote.
You are TOWN-Aligned. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eradicated!

Night Two is on, 24 hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gay for gacha was killed!

quote:

You are Little Caesar. You have a MODULAR [Perma-Watcher/REDACTED] role. You must choose your Modular Role before the end of Night 1. If you fail to choose, you will simply become Vanilla, and we all know that's no fun! Whichever one you choose, the other option will disappear forever and will not be revealed in the event that you're killed.

You are TOWN-Aligned. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eradicated!

Watcher Abilities: You may target a player at night. You will see anyone who visits them.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (12): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, merk, PlasticAutomaton, Referee, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, t a s t e, the holy poopacy, Voodoofly

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 19th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Are you loving it?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah I'm not going to claim.

Okay wow I missed a lot while I was gone yesterday but I want to start with this. I know Somber said he was playing as Steak on day 1, but how the hell did you guys just shrug your hands at that and go "anyways."

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

Final thoughts:

I don’t usually do this connection stuff, but I see a town loss coming. Also, I know no one ever reads the dead town‘s posts beyond a little trickle at day start. Here goes.

Theory 1:
If poop is scum, voodoo aggressively pushing Steak over him yesterday is scum defending a buddy.

Theory 2:
If poop is town, b- coming out of the gate today to have us vote poop on a vote analysis and then never pushing it again is scummy. It was a compelling first case that he basically let go.

Theory 3:
It could be somber. Him sitting so close to elimination and not getting there is telling. Look for an early bus vote that someone couldn’t get out of.

Theory 4:
If Hal is scum, he distanced from plastic on my d1 case. Saying he could get behind the vote but never did, never looked into it and never brought it up again.

Theory 5:
Stop eliminating me when I’m the most active player just because you don’t like what I’m doing. This is like four straight town eliminations on no case.

Some stuff to chew on for D3, gacha was also really suspicious of voodoo so I'll have to look closer at him. Admittedly I ate up voodoo's case on steak D1, D2 I was SO sure merk was scum I was reading the other arguments but not focused on them.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay wow I missed a lot while I was gone yesterday but I want to start with this. I know Somber said he was playing as Steak on day 1, but how the hell did you guys just shrug your hands at that and go "anyways."

Shrug at what?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Second day in a row there’s a pivot to someone else. Gonna go through the votes and times they occurred again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

about voodoo:

merk posted:

I think poop is town. Alternatively, you’re scum with poop.

merk posted:

I also think Voodoofly ignoring this post is weird.

merk posted:

This is uncharacteristic voodoofly. He usually has a strong read by this point.

Oh good timing:

b-minus1 posted:

Second day in a row there’s a pivot to someone else. Gonna go through the votes and times they occurred again

How is bringing up another person confirmed town merk/gacha were suspicious of a pivot?