Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

I was expecting him to open the cabinet and have a whole bunch of broken mirror glass rain out onto his shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Which professional certification exam is that part of?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Would have been better if they balanced a cigarette at the edge of the bucket right where it would catch the flame.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

This is legally binding and acquits the employer of all responsibility in maintaining safety compliance.

How can you read such fine print in the bottom corner of that cabinet?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Solomosos/status/1426986274339045376?s=20

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
There's a mobile game called It's Literally Just Mowing that I like a lot. No accidents though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Computer viking posted:

I still support Matenwa, the school in Haiti that was a GBS Christmas thing some years ago - they haven't posted any updates yet, but I'll mention it when there is anything. They're up in the hills of Gonave island, so at a guess the earthquake didn't hit them too hard; we'll see how the storm goes.
I still support them as well. Latest update:

quote:

Thank you to all of you who have been keeping us in your thoughts and prayers and those who reached out on WhatsApp and by email. I have to admit, this 7.2 earthquake in Southern Haiti brought up some PTSD in me, so thank you for reaching out. Yesterday, there was an overwhelming flow of pictures, videos, news reports, and updated information on what was happening on the ground. I thought it would be best to write today, after processing what I received and after the Haiti Response Coalition (HRC) of which FoM and MCLC are members, met.

Health organizations that we trust are mobilizing to get materials and medical personnel to the hospitals. Tragically, a couple of hospitals were damaged which resulted in fatalities of some doctors inside. The HRC is communicating needs and resources being offered as well as looking at how we can make sure that the mistakes and abuses after the 2010 earthquake are not repeated again. Haitians voices must lead the response. These tragedies are not “bad luck”, but rather a direct result of a country still suffering from colonization and poverty. Providing education in the mother tongue is still what FoM believes is the pathway to building a viable democratic and just Haitian society.

We are relieved that for La Gonave, this was not a repeat of 2010, when 5000 homes fell and FoM gathered donations for MCLC to provide food security and rebuild dozens of permanent earthquake resistant homes in Matènwa and eight surrounding communities, stretching every dollar. For those who remember, larger well-known organizations pulled in millions of dollars of which a fraction was actually spent to help to build back better in Haiti. Temporary one-room shelters were given with an unfulfilled promise to replace them with permanent homes.

The people on La Gonave were unharmed physically, but they definitely felt the earth shake beneath them, bringing up emotions of trauma. Many have close relatives in Southern Haiti where the earthquake did the most damage. We already heard from Anel, whom many of you have met (the trusted chauffeur we depend upon in Port Au Prince). He said that his brother-in-law’s house fell down with his son in it (Anel’s nephew), who is now being hospitalized. I hope that together we can offer him and others some support in these tragic times.

I believe that over the next weeks we will be hearing many stories of relatives that lost their homes and need donations in order to rebuild and pay hospital or funeral bills. If you wish to contribute to MCLC’s Emergency Committee funds, please go to matenwa.org and direct your donation to “Housing and Health”.

Thank you for your solidarity,

tactlessbastard posted:

I'm OSHA as hell at work but at home I've disabled the deadman lever on my lawnmower because it was keeping it from starting and frequently mow in flip flops :shrug:
I couldn't figure out why my mower would not start one day so I spent half an hour disabling various safeties until I worked out I still had the blade engaged. The starter refuses to run unless someone is in the seat, the blade is disengaged, and the brake is depressed. That was a dangerous part of my life!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Well he appears to be all right now!!!

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
If you need help I'm sure he will be happy to give you a hand.

Oh.

Do we have any radio tower stories to share? I met someone who had to take a few months off work because they dropped a radio tower on their leg. I'm sure there's more to the story than that one sentence they gave me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Which professional certification exam is that part of?

Great idea.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

kimihia posted:

I couldn't figure out why my mower would not start one day so I spent half an hour disabling various safeties until I worked out I still had the blade engaged. The starter refuses to run unless someone is in the seat, the blade is disengaged, and the brake is depressed. That was a dangerous part of my life!

I disassembled a mower because the engine wouldn't turn when I tried pulling the starter only to realize that I need to hold the handle to disengage the brake that was stopping the engine from turning. :doh:

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Some great boat fuckling, stay for the interview.

https://youtu.be/q_iCpyXtSYs

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ssnarkismygame/status/1426759956372594690

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

I’m not checking poo poo on my electrical system if it’s going to be full of goddamn bees.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Sonic Dude posted:

I’m not checking poo poo on my electrical system if it’s going to be full of goddamn bees.

No free breaker honey for you, then.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

Objects In Mirror Are Closer To Death Than They Appear

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

Evilreaver posted:

Well he appears to be all right now!!!

He's a very literal doctor

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kimihia posted:

Do we have any radio tower stories to share? I met someone who had to take a few months off work because they dropped a radio tower on their leg. I'm sure there's more to the story than that one sentence they gave me.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/pqvicMq.mp4

i want to ride the floor peeler

I wish I had your life big peeler

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gasmask posted:

I wish I had your life big peeler

You want to be ridden by a fat construction worker? I think I can arrange that for a reasonable fee

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Audio.

Don't annoy people who know where your fusebox is.

https://i.imgur.com/kn9Lrea.mp4

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Audio.

Kiourred it bro. :hfive:

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
Goddamn.

I think I recall this one now. What a tale!

There's also the video of someone removing an earth clip from near an AM antenna and as he does so it arcs and you can make out a commercial currently being broadcast. Ah, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHSuInSkHtA

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Audio.

In many british houses the fuse box and meter is just inside the door, a throwback from when the electricity guy used to come around and read the meter manually for billing. I live in a rural area where there is basically no crime and people regularly leave front doors unlocked.

My neighbours went away for a few days and left their dickhead 17 year old son home alone. Of course he had a party. Had it been the weekend I honestly wouldn't have cared, I would have been out drinking, but it was still going at 2am on a Thursday. I banged on the door but they were all two floors up and the music was too loud for them to hear. So I opened the door and shouted, yelled up the stairs, still nothing. Sure enough there was the little cupboard by the door. I threw the switch and heard them swearing, stumbling drunk around the pitch dark house upstairs. I left.

They didn't get the hint though and started the music again, they must have known what happened because when I went around again the door was locked. However, the big sash window next to the door was closed but not actually latched so I hopped in, locked the window behind me, hit the breaker switch and then let myself out the front door and latched it. I think it freaked them out and I had no more problems. Not like he could call the police or tell his parents.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

kimihia posted:

I strongly believe that any interlock without an indicator is a piece of poo poo. TELL ME WHY YOUR poo poo'S BROKE GODDAMNIT

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kimihia posted:

If you need help I'm sure he will be happy to give you a hand.

Oh.

In college I was a climbing guide and someone ended up paying us line 600 dollars to come disassemble a radio tower on some property they had in the middle of no where. Probably the dumbest thing I ever did...

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Audio.

my personal hero posted:

All Iiiiiii neeeed is loooooove tonight ... one two three click

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drat that owns

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

ReelBigLizard posted:

In many british houses the fuse box and meter is just inside the door, a throwback from when the electricity guy used to come around and read the meter manually for billing.

Lol, throwback. The electricity guy still comes round to read our meter every year or so just to make sure that we're not lying on our DIY readings.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Nenonen posted:

mods, pls change my nick to "too cool for stool"

Be cruel to your stool

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ReelBigLizard posted:

However, the big sash window next to the door was closed but not actually latched so I hopped in, locked the window behind me, hit the breaker switch and then let myself out the front door and latched it. I think it freaked them out and I had no more problems. Not like he could call the police or tell his parents.

drat bro

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Nenonen posted:

mods, pls change my nick to "too cool for stool"
"The Magic Stoolbus" was right there.

I propose all bulldozers have multiple slides to exit them. Would be fun as hell.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1427237696674619392?s=19

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

People taking his advice can breathe all the hydrogen sulfide they can get their hands on, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

yeah I'm about 20 miles from where it leaked, it smelled like cat piss this morning faintly but went away around 10am.

e, loving Briscoe Cain...LOL what a loser.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 16, 2021