Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wow my meds loving suck
sure i dont feel great without them but at least i actually feel
are there any antidepressants that work without completely dulling your emotions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk ask the e/n forum

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
or, you know, a real doctor

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
psychedelics but kinda hard to get the govt doctor to give those to you

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

or, you know, a real doctor

who do you think put me on the meds

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

who do you think put me on the meds

did you tell them it made you feel dead inside?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

antidepressants work different on everyone, the doc can't know up front which is right for you.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

did you tell them it made you feel dead inside?

i may feel dead inside but im still terrified of telling people irl that i feel dead inside
thankfully the internet is one big abstraction where none of you exist in a way that matters to my meatspace self so i can whine all i want without consequence

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

wow my meds loving suck
are there any antidepressants that work without completely dulling your emotions

How many times have I told you the answer to this question now?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you really need to tell your doctor those things though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

endlessmonotony posted:

yeah, the answer is unregulated psychadelics. remember?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

endlessmonotony posted:

zero, unless you mean telling me that my friends are manipulating me with 0 evidence to back that claim up and then projecting your personal experiences onto me
in which case, a lot

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hbag posted:

i may feel dead inside but im still terrified of telling people irl that i feel dead inside

[pinches bridge of nose] hbag,

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

[pinches bridge of nose] hbag,

what did you want me to lie

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

doctor: take these antibiotics, they should work

[four days later]

doctor: so hows that infection

hbag [hiding gangrenous arm in coat]: yeah, no, fine, infections fine, everythings great, thanks doc

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

doctor: take these antibiotics, they should work

[four days later]

doctor: so hows that infection

hbag [hiding gangrenous arm in coat]: yeah, no, fine, infections fine, everythings great, thanks doc

that's different, because my paranoia about my body integrity outweighs my fear of talking to people

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

hbag posted:

zero, unless you mean telling me that my friends are manipulating me with 0 evidence to back that claim up and then projecting your personal experiences onto me
in which case, a lot

I've never told you your friends are manipulating you.

I have told you that your tendency to internalize bad feedback and then catastrophize is like catnip to abusers and that you need to get that under control, though.

But I do remember explicitly mentioning bupropion as an antidepressant that doesn't cause these symptoms. (It has its whole own set of side effects which can be fun and ZAP interesting ZAP.)

You've tried babby's first SSRI and it didn't work. A symptom journal helps your doc narrow down what's happening, and you're at the very beginning of the list of poo poo they can try.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

anyhoo, tell your doctor the meds dont work. that's all i'll be saying about it. endlessmonotony, please refrain from remotely diagnosing hbag, it's arguably more tedious than hbag themself.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

hbag posted:

wow my meds loving suck

real answer: i take cymbalta and it’s been milder in this regard than others I’ve tried over the decades

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

rotor posted:

anyhoo, tell your doctor the meds dont work. that's all i'll be saying about it. endlessmonotony, please refrain from remotely diagnosing hbag, it's arguably more tedious than hbag themself.

I ain't diagnosing poo poo, they have the diagnosis already. And they, fortunately, can't get any pills without asking the doctor to try something new, so what I'm telling them is to keep a symptom journal and then talk honestly with the doctor about their condition without trying to hide the blatantly obvious.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ask your doctor if yospos is right for you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

President Beep posted:

ask your doctor if yospos is right for you.

prescription: :getout:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lament.cfg posted:

prescription: :getout:

i got nowhere to go. nowhere to go!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
cjs: fuckin' reaganing today goddamn

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[ned flanders voice] feels like i've got ... nowhere to go! ... nowhere to go! ... nowhere to go! ...

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

[ned flanders voice] feels like i've got ... nowhere to go! ... nowhere to go! ... nowhere to go! ...

President Beep posted:

came here to wear this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fortaleza posted:

cjs: fuckin' reaganing today goddamn

i am not familiar with this term

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
And yes I know I might as well trying to bail against a waterfall here, I have significant overlap in diagnoses and it took me until my mid-20's to even start mitigating my problems despite rather a lot of times hearing the right advice. And granted, also a whole lot of useless advice, and I couldn't sort those from each other at all, and moving myself to do anything even when I knew the right answer was at best difficult, doubly so when I couldn't tell at all if what I was trying was plausible or impossible, because that's knowledge you only get from experience.

I'd say nobody here knows how frustrating it is to see someone else repeat your mistakes, but EVERYONE here knows that frustration with hbag, the way they keep hacking together time-waster projects.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

endlessmonotony posted:

I'd say nobody here knows how frustrating it is to see someone else repeat your mistakes,

the parenting thread is thataway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

it means “current job status”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

fart simpson posted:

it means “current job status”

simpSOOOOOOONNNN!!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

it’s when you make a stupid movie with a chimp and then rat out a bunch of your buddies to congress.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation

rotor posted:

it's from 30 rock, basically the highest level of TCBing (taking care of business)ing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

it’s when you make a stupid movie with a chimp and then rat out a bunch of your buddies to congress.

we've all been there

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m about to take a huge reagan in my toilet

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

it's from 30 rock, basically the highest level of TCBing (taking care of business)ing

ah, must be jack said it then.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

rotor posted:

the parenting thread is thataway

The younger generation in my family is at least inventing new kinds of stubborn hosed up thinking. Not that my experience is all that applicable without the specific kind of brain problems.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Fortaleza posted:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation

President Beep posted:

ah, must be jack said it then.

NBC seems to have scrubbed the clip from online anywhere but yea https://30rock.fandom.com/wiki/Reaganing

quote:

Lemon, you may be witnessing history here. Making it through a full 24 hours without a single misstep is called "Reaganing." The only other people who've ever done it: Lee Iaccoca, Jack Welch, and - no judgment - Saddam Hussein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is that like TCBY?