Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

nobody here knows how frustrating it is to see someone else repeat your mistakes

I'm a teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok so hbag i think "talk to your doctor" is gonna be the next "go to bed," but i gotta give props to that windmill dunk upthread.

endlessmonotony just sittin there with broken ankles and a confused look

also go to bed

mystes
May 31, 2006

It appears hbag has already been probed by BYOB just now anyway

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fortaleza posted:

NBC seems to have scrubbed the clip from online anywhere but yea https://30rock.fandom.com/wiki/Reaganing

lol. I love that show.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

lol. I love that show.

ive never seen it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Achmed Jones posted:

ok so hbag i think "talk to your doctor" is gonna be the next "go to bed," but i gotta give props to that windmill dunk upthread.

endlessmonotony just sittin there with broken ankles and a confused look

also go to bed

Well, yeah, I got no clue what you're talking about and my legs are just in general hosed up. Hypermobility's a pain.

Kid keeps misinterpreting everything I say, and I know I look like a ranting street preacher to anyone without the right kind of brainworms, and what I'm trying to explain is a dumb pattern that keeps emerging from social interactions and expectations of how society works with downright scary regularity. It's also in a blind spot so you can't see it directly, you can only figure out it's there once you accept nobody's brain gives them the unfiltered reality and everyone's perceptions are tainted by their expectations of how the world is supposed to work.

Best advice I can give? The practical kind. Keep a symptom journal, get an electric toothbrush and use it twice daily, don't internalize everything you hear (or think!) about yourself, don't make yourself suffer for poo poo you don't care about. Rest properly, drink your milk unless you're lactose intolerant, get in eight hours of lifting every night. (Don't actually lift for eight hours, half an hour a night is plenty. The rest? Actually good advice.)

Stopping caring about how other people saw me was the best thing I ever did, being the rambling lunatic is a lot more fun a social role to play. Especially since most of the knowledge I have both makes no loving sense outside its context, a context most people can never have, and because it legit comes in incredibly useful for creating the kind of life I enjoy living.

Kid will probably be fine. Not everyone is, but they've got decent clip towards running face-first into the next wall. I could pretend like any of us ever learned any other way, but why bother.

(And yes, I do know OTHER autistic people get uneasy because they're afraid of the kind of attention behavior like mine attracts and the resulting social consequences.)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
milk is literally poison

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i drink milk made from oats.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

President Beep posted:

milk is literally poison

Say that in the wfh thread, and you will see the true power of maitojuoma.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Say that in the wfh thread, and you will see the true power of maitojuoma.

I’m trying to be careful here.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

endlessmonotony posted:

Well, yeah, I got no clue what you're talking about and my legs are just in general hosed up. Hypermobility's a pain.

Kid keeps misinterpreting everything I say, and I know I look like a ranting street preacher to anyone without the right kind of brainworms, and what I'm trying to explain is a dumb pattern that keeps emerging from social interactions and expectations of how society works with downright scary regularity. It's also in a blind spot so you can't see it directly, you can only figure out it's there once you accept nobody's brain gives them the unfiltered reality and everyone's perceptions are tainted by their expectations of how the world is supposed to work.

Best advice I can give? The practical kind. Keep a symptom journal, get an electric toothbrush and use it twice daily, don't internalize everything you hear (or think!) about yourself, don't make yourself suffer for poo poo you don't care about. Rest properly, drink your milk unless you're lactose intolerant, get in eight hours of lifting every night. (Don't actually lift for eight hours, half an hour a night is plenty. The rest? Actually good advice.)

Stopping caring about how other people saw me was the best thing I ever did, being the rambling lunatic is a lot more fun a social role to play. Especially since most of the knowledge I have both makes no loving sense outside its context, a context most people can never have, and because it legit comes in incredibly useful for creating the kind of life I enjoy living.

Kid will probably be fine. Not everyone is, but they've got decent clip towards running face-first into the next wall. I could pretend like any of us ever learned any other way, but why bother.

(And yes, I do know OTHER autistic people get uneasy because they're afraid of the kind of attention behavior like mine attracts and the resulting social consequences.)

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also I can totally pretend to think normally, but due to autism and the damage from five brain surgeries, I really loving don't.

Sometimes I lose control (hi Jan-April this year), sometimes that's for really good reasons (like that time, it turned out to be necessary to stop an infection and save my kidneys), but sometimes life really surprises you in complex as hell ways. I've had to dig really deep into that well of madness to deal with problems... and being able to make sense of that bullshit is evidently a loving superpower when it comes to helping people.

That, or learning to forgive yourself for being weird as hell. You learn to forgive others, too.

:same:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah i'm not reading that rn maybe later. breaking someone's ankles in basketball is when you fake them out and clown on them so hard they figuratively break an ankle trying to keep up

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Achmed Jones posted:

yeah i'm not reading that rn maybe later. breaking someone's ankles in basketball is when you fake them out and clown on them so hard they figuratively break an ankle trying to keep up

I don't think hbag was even trying to dunk on me.

That's just a "stop being weird".

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fart simpson posted:

ive never seen it

same

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
free crack, first come first served

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

tbh it never surpassed this one sublime moment or even really came close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLpGYTcqHME

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's time to post again.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Wb tori and tori's gigantic fuckin head

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

That that meat you order from Wisconsin? My hog share is due to be ready next month, haven’t cooked something with meat in it in ages

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Wb tori and tori's gigantic fuckin head

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's time to post again.

drat. a powerful return.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Pickin’ up my wild Alaskan salmon share next week, the CSF goes out to Bristol Bay in June and July and are back now, say it was a dang good year and salmon stocks there are doing well

Apr 7, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

That that meat you order from Wisconsin? My hog share is due to be ready next month, haven’t cooked something with meat in it in ages

Fuckin' A

https://www.usinger.com

That's from last August though. I'm down 20 lbs from that picture.

Apr 7, 2003

Is Jonny still posting? Is he okay? I dm'd him about two months ago to see how he is but I'd feel weird DMing him again.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fuckin' A

https://www.usinger.com

That's from last August though. I'm down 20 lbs from that picture.

Noice. I’ve got my curing chamber all set up in the cellar to make cured sausages and the like, I’m pumped

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

skipping 290 posts because i saw a tori post as the last post

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Based on jonny’s recent posting he seems to be doing better than in a long long time and it’s cool as hell

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

skipping 290 posts because i saw a tori post as the last post

I ordered some cheese from Pinconning Cheese, Michigan's best cheese store. got some good cheese!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

Noice. I’ve got my curing chamber all set up in the cellar to make cured sausages and the like, I’m pumped
I applaud your commitment to sausage medicine. I'm sure you'll crack the code soon and make sausage Alzheimer's a thing of the past o7

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I ordered some cheese from Pinconning Cheese, Michigan's best cheese store. got some good cheese!

im a big fan of their elk and buffalo sticks and di want to say their jalapeno/cheese sticks were really good too

not sure how u feel about limburger but whoever they import their limburger from is also v good

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im a big fan of their elk and buffalo sticks and di want to say their jalapeno/cheese sticks were really good too

not sure how u feel about limburger but whoever they import their limburger from is also v good

I loving love limburger and that's my next order from them if you're cool with it, soft cheese orders are always antsy.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

wheres tori

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It”s something I used to do when I first lived in Portland. Once made some Portuguese chouriço with Madeira wine that was o e of the most delicious things I’ve ever made and I’ve been chasing that dragon ever since

Apr 7, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

wheres tori

it me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I loving love limburger and that's my next order from them if you're cool with it, soft cheese orders are always antsy.

its real good when we're up in the thumb on holiday, im sure it'd be fine to ship but idk how exactly they do that

have u tried pinconning cheese? the super sharp is extremely weird but v decent

Apr 7, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

It”s something I used to do when I first lived in Portland. Once made some Portuguese chouriço with Madeira wine that was o e of the most delicious things I’ve ever made and I’ve been chasing that dragon ever since

I made some pickled PA dutch beet eggs

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

its real good when we're up in the thumb on holiday, im sure it'd be fine to ship but idk how exactly they do that

have u tried pinconning cheese? the super sharp is extremely weird but v decent

Their cheese is good and the spreadables are salty but if you're buying spreadable cheese you expect that. The spreadable horseradish cheddar is fantastic.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

wb tori, I missed bicycle posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yo what up