Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

dog nougat posted:

Lol. Playing as archer in FFA is so fun. Once you start doing well people make a beeline for you as soon as they start getting pelted with arrows

No joke, my favorite part of being an archer is seeing the risks people will take to try and bring me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah it's pretty amazing. My new favorite thing is to pick up the harp or flute (where applicable) and run around playing music in the middle of a battle

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Came across this article. I don't know how someone can be so wrong

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I mean if the argument is that it is inferior to the chiv1 battlecry button I can see that.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Has there been a peep about timeframe on fixing the armor display bug or just the acknowledgement it exists ?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Statutory Ape posted:

Has there been a peep about timeframe on fixing the armor display bug or just the acknowledgement it exists ?

https://twitter.com/ChivalryGame/status/1427360880610594832?s=20

Supposedly you can delete that folder to reset your customization if you're on pc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I mean if the argument is that it is inferior to the chiv1 battlecry button I can see that.

"But I just can’t stop thinking of how much I hate the battlecry button in Chivalry 2. The fun was slowly being sucked away due to this one feature to a point that it felt better to play the game without my headset on. You can’t spam the battlecry button, but with so many players it doesn’t matter as it sounds like a never-ending stream of unnecessary screaming."

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
It's like saying you don't like the sliding feature of tribes

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I mean the problem with the chiv2 version *is* the spam buffering what a loser

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Medieval Combat Sims:Never-ending stream of unnecessary screaming

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I guess he would hate me spamming "your mom" jokes when I'm on mason too, huh

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Mashing the yell button even harder just for that guy

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Jabarto posted:

I guess he would hate me spamming "your mom" jokes when I'm on mason too, huh

They included jokes against moms but not feminine player models at launch? That's nice

Ty for the goon that posted the possible fix I'm smord to try it.

Smord is what happens when you try to type amped but fail.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

They included jokes against moms but not feminine player models at launch? That's nice
I might have missed actual launch but they definitely had them at least a few days later. They probably had them at launch too, I just didn't buy it then.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Evil queen voice is the best voice

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

"Yes, gooood dog." :allears:

As much as I hated having to drop the classic Mason MAA voice for my Footman for her, it has been worth every second.

Now if only they'd give Agatha some actually good voice options that wasn't just the classics and imposter.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, the bar maid or whatever voice pales in comparison. Mason MAA was my go to voice. So many fond memories of chiv 1 throwing oil pots and spamming laugh/help as I ran around wildly.

Taken to spamming the evil queen chastise and laugh while still running around wildly.

The vanguard voice is really the only fun one for Agatha unfortunately

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

I am a huge fan of the agatha imposter. who is a cum town bit done by a professional voice actor

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The real problem with the battlecry button is that you cant rebind it to an actually USEFUL voice command, like "laugh"

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Agreed. Playing on console there's still an issue where instead of my selected emote it does the drat battlecry. I need to spam laugh after killing someone shamefully, not scream and shout about the order, or the agathians.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Hot fix for old xboxes crashing on the new map

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
As if I didn't regret buying this game already:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1434576394340737027

Wonder if there's any chance of Epic giving refunds at this point.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
kind of rude to word the tweet like that, the lovely idiot at Tripwire publishes other games too. but the tweet makes it sound like it's a Chiv 2 dev

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah, I'd wait to see if Torn Banner has anything they want to say about it before getting mad at them.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 6, 2021

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

Ty for the goon that posted the possible fix I'm smord to try it.

Smord is what happens when you try to type amped but fail.

Yeah

Ngl that poo poo was palpable in that game

I would also like to add that Texas is currently I believe the most shameful and painful thing I can recall experiencing as a member of this country and I am deeply disturbed. I've already written to ppl in Texas like sports teams owners to try and be a voice towards applying leverage

Yeh I guess trying to get the Dallas cowboys to help was probably the stupidest idea I've ever had, I just figured that football would actually be leverage enough and now I get to live in the reality where none of that was done .

Anyway gently caress all of it and gently caress chiv2

E2: also thank u past me, I lold at smord

Worf fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 6, 2021

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

https://twitter.com/TornBanner/status/1434703859314724864?s=20
Not a cancellation of the publisher relationship but I'm assuming shits complicated there.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That was quick

https://twitter.com/TripwireInt/status/1435045620289613824?s=20

Epic Prison Guy
Aug 1, 2020

Wow, Chivalry must've been amazing because no one has posted about it at all for like 12 days now.

Personally all of the animations look super janky and disconnected in Chivalry 2 on all the videos I watch on youtube. The new Mordhau patch is pretty good but this game has gotten to the point where if you're fighting furries online you're probably better off going to another server because they're all infamously good for some reason

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I liked Chivalry 2 a lot but Oceanic servers and matchmaking kept getting horrendously broken week after week after week. The playerbase here is completely gone (and matchmaking/servers are still broken). Shame.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Epic Prison Guy posted:

Wow, Chivalry must've been amazing because no one has posted about it at all for like 12 days now.

Personally all of the animations look super janky and disconnected in Chivalry 2 on all the videos I watch on youtube. The new Mordhau patch is pretty good but this game has gotten to the point where if you're fighting furries online you're probably better off going to another server because they're all infamously good for some reason

Well for some reason the Chivalry 2 thread is called "Medieval Combat Sims" in honor of some games no one plays so that probably kills some traffic. Matchmaking was completely busted off and on the past few weeks with servers just not adding new people after starting up so that really threw some cold water on the game too. I think this is (mostly??) fixed now.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Chivalry 2 has definitely had a combination of bad luck (e.g. their publisher's CEO revealing himself as a regressive toad and getting cancelled after drawing bad press) and own goals (balance issues, bugs, server problems, Epic exclusivity, etc).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Don't think the thread title has very much to do with traffic, since people were were already in the thread and talking about it aren't posting either.

Imagined posted:

own goals

this is the thing that's loving it up imo. Initial hype was severely tempered by the party bug that made it a huge pain to play with your friends/made it impossible to play cross-play (one of the game's big selling features), which lasted for months. Launching as an Epic exclusive, for a whole-rear end year, also didn't help player retention since far less people are going to be playing it in the first place; the fact that Epic is missing a lot of the QoL and Social features that Steam has, like being able to join friends mid-game from the friends like that could have circumvented the party issue, didn't help.

Frequent and various server issues, like the aforementioned poor stability for Oceanic players killing an entire region's scene, and weird bone-headed decisions like announcing that a weapon is straight up broken (the short spear) and that it's going to be removed until they can fix it, and then not removing it for like a whole month, are cooling off a lot of players as well.

The minute-to-minute gameplay is fine and the game is real fun but for a lot of people it's more hassle than it's worth to get invested in.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 19, 2021

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i wonder if they're aiming for a big patch or something when they launch on steam. game's so good but i forgot about it since it's not in my steam library lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

They just need to get their poo poo together with the servers asap. Like, I can't join a server with more than 40 people in it. its usually more like 30.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I love the actual gameplay but everything about the party bugs and server poo poo ruined the game for me, it's incredible how badly they hosed up something as simple as that party bug for several months.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I've said it elsewhere but the game's gonna be pretty awesome once it's out of the Epic beta and comes out on Steam.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I enjoyed the game for a bit on the Xbox Series X but it’s pretty much died a death on there due to all of the problems already mentioned and I doubt I’ll bother going back to it, plenty of other games to play.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Booted up Mordhau. For all its faults, that game gave you so many ways to troll people. Slipping into enemy spawns to hijack their ballistas, being a professional horselord on Crossroads, and generally being annoying is fun and easy in that game in a way that few others can match.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol im the month between posts haha gently caress u chivalry

jk i might boot you up later for like 10 minutes to kill some people in FFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

I can't decide if the Chiv2 devs using the 1yr Epic exclusive as basically just an extended beta is scummy, genius, or both