Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ihmemies posted:

You can add the rusty looking parts to list with right click pie menu. Or remove items and in inventory sort by newest. You can then right click to add items to shopping list. I thought the list was garbage until I learned to use it.

It's still a pain in the arse. Once I find everything I need to change and have it in my work order I just screenshot that. Tossing those JPGs up on my second monitor is way less effort and it's silly that you can't just add poo poo from the work order to the shopping list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1322300/Tsugunohi/

quote:

One of the most terrifying J-horror games of all time is coming to Steam at long last. What's more, all you have to do is make the player walk to the left!? This collection includes the seven initial works of the popular Tsugunohi series, as well as an entirely new episode.

quote:

It's definitely a bite-sized game (both chapters I've played so far are about 10 minutes long) but the horror is done VERY well. The game looks, sounds and feels extremely dated but that actually helps its aesthetic, I'd say. It makes the game itself feel haunted.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1334730/Dread_Templar/

Early access

quote:

Dread Templar is a fast-paced retro FPS that combines 90s classic shooter elements with modern skill-based FPS controls. You are a Dread Templar who entered Hell seeking revenge. But in order to get it, you have to fight your way through the dark realm!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Play posted:

Anyways, new game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1466640/Road_96/

Road 96 is a procgen road-trip-in-an-authoritarian-country simulator with I assume a bunch of separate vignettes that you can end up receiving over the course of your trip. I assume if you are replaying a lot you'll see the same ones multiple times, although you can also make choices within the vignettes which could keep things fresh.

My first impression of Road 96 is positive. It channels the early parts of The Man in the High Castle where the protags are on the road hiding from the regime, and there's a touch of Stranger Things. Teens on adventure with cool music in an alternate reality dystopia.
Edit: Add Tales from the Borderlands to the mix too. It's all over the place tonally, but it works as part of a random encounters road trip.

Each playthrough is an episode, and there seems to be 6 or 7 episodes worth before it'll do a hard reset. I guess the whole thing will be about 10 hours. Each episode picks up where the vignettes left off in the previous episode, so the overall narrative progresses as you go through new protags. Can't say how much branching content there's based on choices yet.

The movement is stiff, though it doesn't matter much. It plays like a Telltale game in first person with emphasis on dialogue and minigames.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 17, 2021

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1606340/Conquest_of_Elysium_5/

quote:

Conquest of Elysium 5 is a quick turn based fantasy strategy game with a touch of rogue-like. The game is full of depth, details and monsters. There are also a huge number of factions, each with its own unique gameplay and magic rituals.

:toot: I was waiting for this!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Donnerberg posted:

My first impression of Road 96 is positive. It channels the early parts of The Man in the High Castle where the protags are on the road hiding from the regime, and there's a touch of Stranger Things. Teens on adventure with cool music in an alternate reality dystopia.
Edit: Add Tales from the Borderlands to the mix too. It's all over the place tonally, but it works as part of a random encounters road trip.

Each playthrough is an episode, and there seems to be 6 or 7 episodes worth before it'll do a hard reset. I guess the whole thing will be about 10 hours. Each episode picks up where the vignettes left off in the previous episode, so the overall narrative progresses as you go through new protags. Can't say how much branching content there's based on choices yet.

The movement is stiff, though it doesn't matter much. It plays like a Telltale game in first person with emphasis on dialogue and minigames.

Yeah I actually played this last night, meant to play some other stuff but ended up doing three full runs. I was so enthralled by the story and the characters and the setting and the choices and just the general feel of everything.

It's also simply unlike anything else I've ever played, I'm a sucker for originality and this one is highly original in quite a few ways.

Honestly, I thought there was a pretty good change it was gonna suck. But I am super impressed by what they've made here.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Greak: Memories of Azur

quote:

Greak: Memories of Azur is a beautiful single-player adventure with hand-drawn animations. You will take the role of three siblings: Greak, Adara and Raydel to guide them through the lands of Azur. Alternate control between them and use their unique abilities to escape from the Urlag invasion.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256847176/movie480_vp9.webm

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
HUMANKIND is out today.

It's a Civilization like 4x game with a unique culture/civilization progression that builds upon your selections across the ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGi00HqpmS0

quote:

Combine up to 60 historical cultures as you lead your people from the Ancient to the Modern Age. From humble origins as a Neolithic tribe, transition to the Ancient Era as the Babylonians, become the Classical era Mayans, the Medieval Umayyads, the Early Modern era British, and so on. Each culture will add its own special gameplay layer, leading to near-endless outcomes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Popete posted:

HUMANKIND is out today.

It's a Civilization like 4x game with a unique culture/civilization progression that builds upon your selections across the ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGi00HqpmS0

Wow, this is on Xbox Game Pass PC too, I was surprised to see it pop up.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I am eager to try this one. Beautiful and LOOKS at least to be fun.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

They've got a demo. I'm going to try it out later today and will report back with impressions.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Also there is a HUMANKIND thread here.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

They've got a demo. I'm going to try it out later today and will report back with impressions.

Played the demo for a half hour or so and bought the game. This one looks good.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

This is by Illwinter, the same dudes who made the Dominions series. I'm anticipating a very deep game with a near-vertical learning curve.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Gynovore posted:

This is by Illwinter, the same dudes who made the Dominions series. I'm anticipating a very deep game with a near-vertical learning curve.

Based on COE2-4 this is the series they work on when they want to relax. The learning curve mostly consists of internalizing that deer>spearmen. An assassin might beat two wolves in a fight. Or kill an irreplaceable old wizard as part of an actual attack.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

according to a steam review, this game is not a wannabe hollow knight or ori clone, which to me is refreshing to hear

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Gynovore posted:

I liked number 4 so I bought it and it's pretty much identical gameplay-wise with some more content. I'm enjoying it! Definitely not a vertical learning curve, it's not really a 4x game like dominions. It's certainly complicated under the hood but most of it doesn't matter - just get more guys than the other guy and kill his guys.

It reminds me most of a Heroes of Might and Magic game where you just do the "wander around the map picking up stuff and claiming resource sites" with the combat automated away.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

according to a steam review, this game is not a wannabe hollow knight or ori clone, which to me is refreshing to hear

According to me, it is a very beautiful game. Certain elements of the animations bothers me a bit, it's not always very fluid and natural-feeling, Ori definitely felt better in terms of control. But the backdrops and general artwork is fantastic and the levels are decently interesting. Fast travel would be pretty nice, it doesn't tell you how to get places so you just gotta run around and look for new ways to reach an exit for an area which is kind of annoying if you've already been through that area a lot. And every time you've gotta go through the whole thing even if you're just passing through, which I find a bit annoying.

Story is kind of interesting at least, and the part at the beginning where you could play with the first little dude and his sister was interesting, so I'm looking forward to unlocking the other two ... creatures, whatever they are since controlling multiple guys at once or switching between them is going to be a huge part of the game and the puzzles and the traversal.

New games:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063980/Hell_Architect/

Hell Architect is what it sounds like, build out hell to torture souls more efficiently. Has a kind of Newgrounds-esque art style that I don't love but it could still be amusing.

quote:

Hell Architect is a game about building and managing your own hell. You take on a role of a hell manager and are tasked with developing the underworld in a way that would make Lucifer himself fall off his chair.

Create a hell of your dreams - will it have the infamous 9 levels, or will you create your own chaos, the way you see fit?
You begin with some basic buildings, like power stations (yup, they need those in hell, too!) and canteens, work your way through shrines and toilets and finish off with some intricate torture contraptions.

You can treat the sinners sent to your humble abode to different, fun (or not) sources of suffering - be it by punishing them for disobedience or just doing it for fun. Your hell, your choices.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/724680/Cosmos_Quickstop/

Cosmo's Quickstop looks like a panic-inducing time management game about an alien running a space truck stop.

quote:

Cosmo’s Quickstop simulates the fast-paced thrill of managing a gas station… IN SPACE! Upgrade your services, please alien customers, and complete your daily chores through simple minigames that add up to a hilariously frantic experience with solo or couch co-op play.

As the newest employee of Cosmo’s Quickstop, it’s your job to provide stellar customer service to the strangest creatures in the galaxy. From pumping gas to cleaning the glorp room, every wacky, time-based minigame presents a distinct and frantic challenge to keep customers happy. Your skills in multitasking will be your keys to success!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Play posted:

Hell Architect is what it sounds like, build out hell to torture souls more efficiently. Has a kind of Newgrounds-esque art style that I don't love but it could still be amusing.

Played the demo for this and it was rubbish. Basically Oxygen Not Included if you took out anything that needed you to build creatively. Also the weird contradictory theming in that you are supposed to be torturing these souls in hell but the entire gameplay loop is about making sure all their needs are met.

Most it did for me was make me imagine what an actually good Hell Simulator might play like.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Tenebrais posted:

Played the demo for this and it was rubbish. Basically Oxygen Not Included if you took out anything that needed you to build creatively. Also the weird contradictory theming in that you are supposed to be torturing these souls in hell but the entire gameplay loop is about making sure all their needs are met.

Most it did for me was make me imagine what an actually good Hell Simulator might play like.

better to go play Afterlife in DOSBOX instead

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Tenebrais posted:

They reskinned Oxygen Not Included and didn't adjust any gameplay loops to actually make sense for hell/dead souls. People need to drink and eat and have a clean toilet to pee into or otherwise they die? What? It needs to be fundamentally redesigned.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

How do you die in hell:confused:

Oh right finally on Steam is the excellent Tetris Effect: Connected. It's the really great Tetris Effect with the previously console exclusive multiplayer upgrade off Epic exclusive

quote:

Tetris Effect is Tetris like you've never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines.

Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetriminos themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you're playing, making any of the game's 30+ stages and 10+ modes something you'll want to experience over and over again.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 19, 2021

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
And it's VR! Which from what I heard used SteamVR, which just highlights how pointless it was being an Epic exclusive. Anyway I think this game will be an amazing visual experience, but I'm personally not so hot on tetris.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I've been waiting for this, and the reviews sound favorable.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097200/Twelve_Minutes/

quote:

TWELVE MINUTES is a real-time top-down interactive thriller with an accessible click and drag interface. Featuring James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley, and Willem Dafoe.

What should be a romantic evening with your wife turns into a nightmare when a police detective breaks into your home, accuses your wife of murder and beats you to death...

Only for you to find yourself immediately returned to the exact moment you opened the front door, stuck in a TWELVE-MINUTE time loop, doomed to relive the same terror again and again...

Unless you can find a way to use the knowledge of what’s coming to change the outcome and break the loop.

TWELVE MINUTES blends the dream-like tension of THE SHINING with the claustrophobia of REAR WINDOW and the fragmented structure of MEMENTO.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/986310/Recompile/

Recompile is a very interesting-looking so-called '3d metroidvania' where you are a rogue program traversing the mainframe, fighting enemies, hacking, etc.

quote:

This atmospheric, Metroidvania hacking adventure lets you take control of a semi-sapient program struggling against deletion. In the sprawling 3D world of a Mainframe, Recompile features intense combat, tight 3D platforming, super-powered abilities and an environmental logic-based hacking mechanic.

Witness the birth of sapient AI in this sprawling atmospheric hacking adventure. Combining Metroidvania progression with non-linear exploration and gameplay. Recompile challenges players to explore, fight, hack, and survive. Discover the many secrets beneath ancient digital landscape and prepare for system-wide reconfiguration.

The game’s entire narrative takes place within 1 second of real time.

Delve into the ancient, sprawling ruins of the Mainframe and discover a range of traversal abilities to help you on your journey towards attaining true sapience. The game has multiple endings based on the players actions; you can repair systems, restore lost data, hack or destroy enemies, all whilst uncovering the truth about the Hypervisor and the original purpose of the Mainframe.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1165450/OCO/

OCO is a weird, minimalist, circular, one-touch platformer that looks pretty unique. Also has a level editor which could be interesting.

quote:

Immerse yourself in the minimalist audio-visual platforming world of OCO. Solve fast-paced platforming puzzles, create and share your own designs, join the OCO community, and compete to top the global leaderboards.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1346010/RiMS_Racing/

RiMS Racing is a motorcycle racing game that I had no idea was coming out. No clue if it's good but it looks pretty decent anyways and bills itself as more of a simulator. Has DLCs at launch which I don't love but whatever. Kinda has xbox 360 style graphics.

quote:

The first motorbike simulation that combines a realistic racing challenge with engineering and mechanics! Ride the world's most powerful motorbikes and optimise their performance by swapping out parts and analysing data in real time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1524020/Escape_from_Terror_City/

You'll probably know if Escape from Terror City is for you just by looking at, weird short retro shooter from a Chinese developer it looks like.

quote:

3D Run'n'Gun Arcade-Style Action! Fight the Mechanized Forces of the Argus Empire and Escape from Terror City!

Also got a question for you guys. Would you rather I keep doing timg or would it be better to have a full picture of the game that stretches across the entire post window?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Argue posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/12-minutes-review/

Pc gamer loving hated it. So now I'm confused

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jarvisi posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/12-minutes-review/

Pc gamer loving hated it. So now I'm confused
their critique seems to be that a time loop game involves trial and error and a complicated series of ever expanding steps to complete the story... which makes me wonder if they played Outer Wilds beyond the first hour

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Argue posted:

I'm a big fan of time travel stories, and got Twelve Minutes the moment it came out.

It's impressive how robust they've made it. Obviously it's a limited world space with only a few AI, but it recognizes your every action and adapts in a way that makes the characters and story feel more alive than your average point and click adventure game. The gameplay revolves around finding and trying everything you can possible think of, but it doesn't feel overtly gamey because of how well the characters react to you.

The only thing I disliked so far is that (first loop spoiler)on the very first loop, your first action can be to inform your partner about the loop and do the stereotypical "Here, I'll prove it with all the things I know!", which I didn't care for since it felt like that shouldn't be an option before a couple of loops deep. Apart from that one thing though, it's a great puzzle. I've been working on solving it for 2 hours now, and had to take a break. It gets a bit annoying when you run out of ideas, but that's how these games work. All the more satisfying when you come back to them and figure something out.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 19, 2021

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

The 7th Guest posted:

their critique seems to be that a time loop game involves trial and error and a complicated series of ever expanding steps to complete the story... which makes me wonder if they played Outer Wilds beyond the first hour

I think a relevant difference with Outer Wilds might be that (vague mechanical spoilers for Outer Wilds -- I haven't played 12 Minutes yet) in Outer Wilds, you have almost no ability to affect the world or the outcome of anything. If you need to see something at minute 18 of the timeloop, you can fast-forward by the campfire at the start until minute 17 and then hustle over to where you need to be, whereas 12 Minutes is more reactive, and so if you decide you made a mistake 10 minutes in, you presumably have to painstakingly recreate the first 10 minutes of your activity on the next loop, otherwise something you did differently might invalidate the change you're trying to make.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Xbox Game pass PC has both 12 Minutes and Recompile added today (along with a train simulator) in case anyone has a subscription.. With that and Hades and Humankind added recently it's really exploded in the amount of value I have been getting from it I must say (got it on converting xbox gold passes over so was a deal already)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Thoom posted:

I think a relevant difference with Outer Wilds might be that (vague mechanical spoilers for Outer Wilds -- I haven't played 12 Minutes yet) in Outer Wilds, you have almost no ability to affect the world or the outcome of anything. If you need to see something at minute 18 of the timeloop, you can fast-forward by the campfire at the start until minute 17 and then hustle over to where you need to be, whereas 12 Minutes is more reactive, and so if you decide you made a mistake 10 minutes in, you presumably have to painstakingly recreate the first 10 minutes of your activity on the next loop, otherwise something you did differently might invalidate the change you're trying to make.
For what it's worth, having finished the game, time is relatively flexible in the 12 Minutes loops.. you can speed up time to when the cop shows up, your character goes from needing to prove the time loop via pointing out things in the room through interactions to just doing it via a couple of dialog boxes, etc. But it's still inefficient. The PC Gamer review is accurate, although it didn't bother me that much so much as the end result of the story leaving me feeling kinda empty.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/989790/The_Vale_Shadow_of_the_Crown/

I played The Vale quite a lot yesterday, and it's a game with a very interesting premise. Basically, it is a game intended to be played by the blind (although not just them, it works fine for everyone as long as you can use headphones) where you play a blind woman. The entire thing takes place with no visual graphics, it is all sound. The main gameplay elements so far seem to be navigating small areas by sound, doing little quests, and combat/hunting, which are very similar. It's really uncanny how easy it gets to navigate an area just based on sound, and combat involves listening for your opponents and using your shield to block and sword to attack based on if they are to your right, directly in front of you, or to your left. It's not very hard so far, but the concept is just so juicy and it's genuinely fun to play a video game with your eyes closed. Apparently there are also some other features that I haven't discovered yet.

A game like this it's pretty crucial to have good voice acting and a good story. Not sure about the story but the audio work is fantastic, voice acting and effects.

quote:

CLOSE YOUR EYES. BECOME A WARRIOR: Feel your enemy’s rasping breath; a foot shifts on swampy ground; the crack of steel on wooden shield. The Vale is an audio based action adventure that sets out to breathe new life into medieval combat and fantasy narrative.

As your elder brother takes his place on the throne, you are made warden of a small castle on the outskirts of the kingdom. Blind from birth and sheltered for much of your childhood, you welcome your exile as a chance for a little adventure.

En route to the castle, your convoy is attacked by a huge invading army. You find yourself alone in hostile lands where you must scrape together supplies and seek out allies in hopes of surviving the long, dangerous journey home.

The path home follows a dark and winding valley known simply as “The Vale”. It shrouds the land’s darkest secrets including startling truths about your family’s past.

Also played Recompile and OCO a bit. OCO is kind of neat, a circular platformer that is more like a puzzle game where you try to 'solve' it as quickly as possible and with as few button presses (jumps) as possible. That makes it sound easy but it is anything but. It's well designed and users being able to design puzzles is a great feature.

I need to play Recompile a bit more to make an opinion. The setting, look and story is neat. The platforming is a bit strange, sometimes it's hard to tell if something is there for you to jump on it or not, or not clear exactly what everything does. It can be easy to miss a jump as well due to not having a lot of useful reference to the scale of your surroundings. The combat does not feel great so far. But I'm still interested enough to want to play more.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Finished 12 Minutes last night.

It stinks!

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Argue posted:

When they said it had "the dream-like tension of The Shining" they actually meant "the carpet from The Shining". I'm realizing I'm not a fan of time-loop games, but boy oh boy, that is a stretch.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Finished 12 Minutes last night.

It stinks!

This isn’t the “humblebrag about your sex life” thread

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
So 12 Minutes has left me at a point where I have no direction on how to advance I can make the cop leave calmly with the watch or have a perfect evening where he never shows up at all, still stuck in the loop

I'm wondering if it's in any way like Save the Date where the way to win was to not go on the date

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Play posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/986310/Recompile/

Recompile is a very interesting-looking so-called '3d metroidvania' where you are a rogue program traversing the mainframe, fighting enemies, hacking, etc.

Just finished it, I really do have a lot of design issues with Recompile, but writing wise its really drat good. The character and AI stuff is really good.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Captain Splendid posted:

So 12 Minutes has left me at a point where I have no direction on how to advance I can make the cop leave calmly with the watch or have a perfect evening where he never shows up at all, still stuck in the loop

I'm wondering if it's in any way like Save the Date where the way to win was to not go on the date

Hint for 12 minutes.
Show him something that has the name of a flower printed on it after he mentions a flowery name…

I went into this game really looking forward to it. I finished it being annoyed at the story. There’s holes in the story, ambiguities, the dialogue from other characters makes some wild assumptions and overall it just kind of sucks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fatty posted:

Just finished it, I really do have a lot of design issues with Recompile, but writing wise its really drat good. The character and AI stuff is really good.
I actually loved the game fully, with the exception of the map being terrible. The level design and movement mechanics were highly tailored towards challenging precision platforming which is rare to have in a 3D Metroidvania, which makes it obviously a tough sell to a lot of people, but it was perfect for me

I've got it at #5 in my 2021 list currently (out of 20)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1140170/Arietta_of_Spirits/

Arietta of Spirits is a cute little pixel adventure with a story that was more interesting than I expected. Doesn't seem very challenging, at least so far, but it's cute and I like it. Might be good for kids too.

quote:

Arietta of Spirits is a story-driven action-adventure game, following Arietta on her journey to unveil the mysteries of the Spirit Realm. Immerse yourself in a story filled with emotion and surprising turns.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/949200/Ambition_A_Minuet_in_Power/

Ambition is a visual novel/RPG/simulation set in 18th century Paris.

quote:

18th century Paris - a city of love, lies and revolution. You are a woman of fashion trying to survive the political turmoil. Date a cast of unforgettable characters. Amass the wealth and respect you deserve. Engage in gossip that can alter the course of history, or lead you to the guillotine.

Also Sunshine Heavy Industries got a full release, very easy but still enjoyable puzzle game where you make spaceships.