Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

YOSPOS, 1952: Singin’ In The Rain sweeps the Academy! McCarthy hunts for Red Menace! Beep Shaming continues unabated!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

yeah, i’m super big on shaming people here. do it whenever i can.

first step is admitting it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

second step is the double down

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’m sorry that my words hurt endlessmonotony, and I don’t want them to feel like that here. regardless, i want to make it absolutely clear that what i said weren’t shitposts, attempted digs, or made with any ill intent. i was talking about my personal experience and what sometimes makes me happy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

President Beep posted:

it can be nice to open yourself up to others. kind of a communal thing.

i have no idea how this "hurt" someone

its a very kind and cool thing which makes this thread less hostile than how it sorta used to be --- granted, it's generally been pretty chill without people going at each others throats but theres been random moments

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

the only person Beep ever hurt is Ivy who are still mad at them for quitting twitter. tbh that's more of an ivy problem really lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

gdi can the mods please do something about beep being such a dang bully??? :rant:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’m gonna be real one more time and then stfu about this: What I’m really upset about is being accused saying those things with malicious intent. I’ve certainly hosed up here before and unintentionally posted things that have hurt and offended others, as has happened here. I feel awful when that happens, as I do here.

I like making people laugh, but I always try to do it in a way that won’t hurt someone else. Your feelings are all very important to me and I never want to hurt anyone here. This has all made me so sad.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yeah realtalk beep is one of the most sincere, genuine and kind hearted posters around. wild that anyone would accuse them of anything

edit: also they make good posts, unlike mine

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pile Of Garbage posted:

yeah realtalk beep is one of the most sincere, genuine and kind hearted posters around. wild that anyone would accuse them of anything

edit: also they make good posts, unlike mine

username/post combo :cheeky:

JK!!!

and yes, i think beep has had some of the best loving puns/jokes in the images thread - like, genius poo poo

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

graph posted:

im a big sucker for late 90s lgr. future engineers, jlaze, nu-moon etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ln-0XFQZpg&t=3890s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

President Beep posted:

yeah, i’m super big on shaming people here. do it whenever i can.

oh, so you’re a tori parachute? i was trying to remember whose rereg you are

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

fuckin sick!!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
beep is pretty far from optimal, but as long as we keep pushing him left

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i've been trying to journal daily for the past 2 months. and while i don't get something in everyday i'd like to think it's been enough that my hand shouldn't hurt from writing any longer.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i scraped the knuckle on my thumb and liquid bandage is nice, much better than a cloth bandage for something that moves this much

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Everyone itt saying beep is cool or whatever but many people are saying he was involved in 9/11? Look I'm just asking questions. Do your own research.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

beep didn't do 9/11. they did shoot jfk though

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ancient mans

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the only thing beep did is help create hbag

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

something something wacken festival wfh shaggared again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHbXCSFKOqo

too far?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

cjs: love to reimplement featured and then have all the same bugs we had last time we implemented it because no one can remember anything

its great that we have all these automated tests that should have caught this three months ago but we didn't run them until monday

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cjs: love to reimplement featured and then have all the same bugs we had last time we implemented it because no one can remember anything

I'm in this scenario with my boss, where we have a new product that, for contractual reasons, has to go out by end of year, and it's similar to previous products, in the sense that we need an SME contractor to help with design and implementation. Both previous products went way past their original timelines and the SMEs produced code that was mathematically accurate but fell over when we had to run the processes at the scale required to deliver something real.

Boss in the last week has given me multiple "the last one went a little slow, but this one seems a lot easier, I think it should go smoother." lmao. lol.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

shoeberto posted:

I'm in this scenario with my boss, where we have a new product that, for contractual reasons, has to go out by end of year, and it's similar to previous products, in the sense that we need an SME contractor to help with design and implementation. Both previous products went way past their original timelines and the SMEs produced code that was mathematically accurate but fell over when we had to run the processes at the scale required to deliver something real.

Boss in the last week has given me multiple "the last one went a little slow, but this one seems a lot easier, I think it should go smoother." lmao. lol.

my boss got mad at me when i pushed back against needing to manually test the entire universe of production data because we already had automated tests for all the problems. the response was that we can't rely on the tests

then whoops when we actually ran the tests they all failed for all the issues we are catching in manual testing

really glad we moved all the test devs to a different team defiantly scaling efficiently

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

oh my god who would have thought hbag would be the one poster whose taste in music isn't anathema to me

I saw Black Pus live once and it was so loving cool.

edited to add american version of the first one

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 18, 2021

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

can anyone recommend any krautrock? like in the same vein as can

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Pile Of Garbage posted:

can anyone recommend any krautrock? like in the same vein as can

if you don‘t have them on your list already, neu!, faust and la düsseldorf might be worth a shot.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

if you don‘t have them on your list already, neu!, faust and la düsseldorf might be worth a shot.

noice cheers ill check them out!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

faust is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1zilHyOju4

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

this is extremely my jam.

btw if anyone is interested i've uploaded some releases of stuff that i enjoyed from my childhood but are kinda obscure. to try and keep it short whilst not doxxing myself: my dad for the last ~35 years has done a volunteer radio show on a local FM station which focussed on a specific style of music. his show became pretty influential for said style in AU so labels and promoters from all around the world would send him CDs to play on his show. because of this he often got stuff that wasnt a good fit for his show so he'd pass the CDs onto child me, resulting in me being raised on a bunch of obscure techno/industrial stuff.

so yeah, i've uploaded some of the releases because it's not like you can buy them. WER0004 is the good poo poo, then TRG89332-2 and BKA0007. adkoc is funny, it was an actual physical mp3.com CD release. anyway here's the stuff go nuts: https://pileofgarbage.net/music/

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

yes indeed

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

hell yeah. it took me a while to get into it, but krautrock - especially this kind of krautrock, less so the amun düül ii kind - is excellent and you can see the influence it had everywhere.

when life sort of returns to normal, i‘ll head to the local flea markets. i bet i can score some cheap krautrock vinyl here.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
also: attention jonny - this might be for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Mos23mJ2E
four minutes of krautrock-y intro before it launches into prog-rock and closes things out with a righteous riff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOc-RCGj6iE
same band, but this song is heavier and more riff-oriented. it also has some great solos.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ty, queued!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

cheap krautrock vinyl here.

mods!!!

e: lmaooo vvv

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 18, 2021

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
shouting mods like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

cjs: kicked out of the company #office-inperson slack channel for posting the "disillusioned with ska" tweet

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

cjs: kicked out of the company #office-inperson slack channel for posting the "disillusioned with ska" tweet

lmaoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Glorgnole posted:

lol