Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Pile Of Garbage posted:

this is extremely my jam.

btw if anyone is interested i've uploaded some releases of stuff that i enjoyed from my childhood but are kinda obscure. to try and keep it short whilst not doxxing myself: my dad for the last ~35 years has done a volunteer radio show on a local FM station which focussed on a specific style of music. his show became pretty influential for said style in AU so labels and promoters from all around the world would send him CDs to play on his show. because of this he often got stuff that wasnt a good fit for his show so he'd pass the CDs onto child me, resulting in me being raised on a bunch of obscure techno/industrial stuff.

so yeah, i've uploaded some of the releases because it's not like you can buy them. WER0004 is the good poo poo, then TRG89332-2 and BKA0007. adkoc is funny, it was an actual physical mp3.com CD release. anyway here's the stuff go nuts: https://pileofgarbage.net/music/

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Glorgnole posted:

cjs: kicked out of the company #office-inperson slack channel for posting the "disillusioned with ska" tweet

Hahaha

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

believe it or not "years" can mean "less than 20 years"
and this may shock you but 16 year olds can get their hands on weed perhaps even easier than adults

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Glorgnole posted:

cjs: kicked out of the company #office-inperson slack channel for posting the "disillusioned with ska" tweet
true king

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Glorgnole posted:

incredible

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pile Of Garbage posted:

can anyone recommend any krautrock? like in the same vein as can

der Felsen

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs:

User: "Hey Colin, can you do this thing for me? Thanks."
Me: "Sure, that thing is done."
User: "Thanks, Colin."

They should charge people per email :argh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CPColin posted:

cjs:

what’s wrong with this

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

CPColin posted:

cjs:

cheers thanks colin!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
at least they were sending emails and not colin you on the phone

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

xD

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

CPColin posted:

cjs:

this is my ideal workplace interaction.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

gdi bee- oh, hm.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

CPColin posted:

cjs:

ngl this just seems like you whining about having to do your job
which i can respect but im not entirely sure what youre trying to say they did wrong here

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Ansible Adams posted:

this is my ideal workplace interaction.

today i got pulled into a one-on-one with some manager who wanted to enable people across our org to learn about powerapps and that i should think of a thing...im really not sure what he wants from me fukc

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

a youtube comment gave me the dumbest idea for a tiny code thing i could do for shits and giggles
once i do it i might host it on my site if i can figure out how the gently caress to get it to deploy to... my site, rather than heroku
or maybe i should just make an iframe that embeds the heroku page who knows

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Jonny 290 posted:

thread title

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hbag posted:

a youtube comment gave me the dumbest idea for a tiny code thing i could do for shits and giggles
once i do it i might host it on my site if i can figure out how the gently caress to get it to deploy to... my site, rather than heroku

if that doesn't work out make a bot that searches twitter for people who like they own tweets and then dunks on them. idk if it's possible, probably not with the current API, but im just the ideas guy yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

iframing content is the laziest poo poo and i mean that in the most complimentary way possible

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

if that doesn't work out make a bot that searches twitter for people who like they own tweets and then dunks on them. idk if it's possible, probably not with the current API, but im just the ideas guy yeah
liking your own tweets is psychotic, and i'm me

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

CPColin posted:

cjs:

the alternative is having them get send an automated reply from your ticketing systems asking

quote:

Colin has closed your request. Please let Colin know how he did! :) :geno: :( :mad:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hbag posted:

ngl this just seems like you whining about having to do your job
which i can respect but im not entirely sure what youre trying to say they did wrong here

They sent an extra email so they could say thanks twice! What am I, made of email-reading??

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

rotor posted:

iframing content is the laziest poo poo and i mean that in the most complimentary way possible

you'll be happy to hear, then, that pretty much my entire site is iframes

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

otoh your are parodying three different decades of website/ui design at once, and two of them had iframes

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

the alternative is having them get send an automated reply from your ticketing systems asking

Hi,

Our records show that you were served by %Invalid_User for your #ERR issue NaN days ago

On a scale of [broken image] to :five:, tell us how this interaction went by clicking the nice button

:nice:

Server message: This email contained scrips that were removed by our security protocols. For more information, contact a computer toucher

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

quote:

THIS MESSAGE WAS QUOTED BY AN EXTERNAL POSTER Think carefully about replying to it with any sensitive information
Hi,

Our records show that you were served by %Invalid_User for your #ERR issue NaN days ago

On a scale of [broken image] to :five:, tell us how this interaction went by clicking the nice button

:nice:

Server message: This email contained scrips that were removed by our security protocols. For more information, contact a computer toucher

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hbag posted:

lofi beats make my workday better

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Auto-reply: Due to the pandemic, I'm working from home. I'll be checking emails between 8 and 5.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if you’re starting at 8 why aren’t you only checking emails until 4?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hbag posted:

this looks like a better version of every site i made in 2000. nice.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
ive been forgetting to check my work email at all lately. i dont mind.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if you’re starting at 8 why aren’t you only checking emails until 4?

we give an hour back to you for lunch so :)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have absolutely stopped the "ok, we'll give you a few minutes back" when ending a meeting early and i lowkey/privately shame peers who are still doing it. it's psycho poo poo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

I have absolutely stopped the "ok, we'll give you a few minutes back" when ending a meeting early and i lowkey/privately shame peers who are still doing it. it's psycho poo poo

"actually i was pinching a fat loaf the entire meeting so i already got all my time back, thx"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this record slaps

https://music.apple.com/us/album/proekt-1/1560209219

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ty, added to my apple music library

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

we give an hour back to you for lunch so :)

arent u legally allowed a 30min or 1h break for lunch or something

that comes out of your working hours, so if u start at 8 and take a 30min/1h lunch (whatever it is), u are still clocking out at 4p with 8h under ur belt

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if that's not the case then i have been doing a labour theft for my entire career i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

arent u legally allowed

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

US federal labor law does not require that your employer gives you any lunch or coffee/cigarette/etc breaks. just like how federal law does not require that you get any days off.

states may have different laws. in california you are required to get a lunch break if your shift is longer than X hours and a short break every Y hours on the job, but you do not have to be paid for the time you're at lunch. (breaks under i believe 20 minutes are paid).

:911: