Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress SNEEP posted:

It's Kirkand but I really wouldn't mind a Kirkland map lol

lol so they'd just use a map from a better game then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

a Kirkland map, but it's just TDM inside a Costco

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Call of Duty beat you to it

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqv4A4ml45c

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 17, 2021

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Additionally, are there still no animations for getting in and out of vehicles?

If this is still the case then good. That poo poo is obnoxious.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blue Raider posted:

If this is still the case then good. That poo poo is obnoxious.

more or less it looked like they sorta went with "no animation but you still have a small delay before being able to do anything" but idk how big of a delay - probably nowhere near as long/disorienting as some of the stuff in BF1 or BF5.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

more or less it looked like they sorta went with "no animation but you still have a small delay before being able to do anything" but idk how big of a delay - probably nowhere near as long/disorienting as some of the stuff in BF1 or BF5.

This gets to the heart of the issue for me. I don’t mind the animations per se, but the delay in entry/exit/seat switching has felt unnecessary since it was introduced in 1. Bailing out instantly is the ideal.

I don’t like medic revive animations for the same reason, but that’s not as intrusive.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Bring back Argonne Forest and Tsaritsyn

sbaldrick fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 18, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blue Raider posted:

This gets to the heart of the issue for me. I don’t mind the animations per se, but the delay in entry/exit/seat switching has felt unnecessary since it was introduced in 1. Bailing out instantly is the ideal.

I don’t like medic revive animations for the same reason, but that’s not as intrusive.

It definitely looked way more seamless than 1/5 in videos and might have been due to the test software being raw enough that loading the cockpit alone was slow enough to look like a delay, if that makes sense.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

It definitely looked way more seamless than 1/5 in videos and might have been due to the test software being raw enough that loading the cockpit alone was slow enough to look like a delay, if that makes sense.

Yeah when I spotted it in a video it was basically a flash of a hand popping open a door and then the view centering on the windshield. Kind of Far Cry style, if you can remember how fast that was. I still just want to teleport in.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Also someone spotted that you now get points for forcing a pilot out of their aircraft.
Not much, but it’s something.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Julius CSAR posted:

Also someone spotted that you now get points for forcing a pilot out of their aircraft.
Not much, but it’s something.

I'm still wondering how much damage the AP ammo does

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

the AP is probs for player body armor damage, and not like, vehicle damage

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Symetrique posted:

the AP is probs for player body armor damage, and not like, vehicle damage

I saw it giving off hit markers when they shot at ground armor, including red hit markers when shooting into the APC cockpit

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
PHYSICS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ghwMF9qfzc

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

There's a lot of things I'll fault BFV for, but the Lunge Mine is loving :discourse:

https://i.imgur.com/YPw5GAf.mp4

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

pretty late in the day for the game to look THIS janky isnt it ?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
High res version of the Irish footage, deployable cover, and APS

https://streamable.com/x00yno

Qmass posted:

pretty late in the day for the game to look THIS janky isnt it ?

Technical test is a fairly old build and was stripped down for purely backend and server testing, be worried if the Beta next month doesn't look much better

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

That makes sense because that video is definitely missing some textures. Maybe some lighting too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

At this point any company doing a technical test like that should just cancel it because the general public is too loving stupid to get what the point of the test is and will start hollering about how there's only one map and 6 guns

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

said literally nobody

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

there were ppl complaining in the tech test forums that they would cancel their pre-order since it was unacceptable to release a PC game locked at 30 fps

ppl are dumb as gently caress

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hell as long as it runs well and is fun to play I honestly don’t give a drat about not having the best textures or the best lighting in the industry. I don’t play battlefield for any of that.

It does need top tier sound design though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
doesn't one of the trailers straight up advertise goofy vehicle physics, like i prefer stupid poo poo happening in my games and I'll remember my jeep going into the stratosphere way more than the coefficient of kinetic friction being off by 0.02

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

moist turtleneck posted:

doesn't one of the trailers straight up advertise goofy vehicle physics, like i prefer stupid poo poo happening in my games and I'll remember my jeep going into the stratosphere way more than the coefficient of kinetic friction being off by 0.02

YOU CANNOT PARK THE IOWA ON WAKE ISLAND! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
drat I haven't thought about that in ages, midway was even better because if you parked the aircraft carrier just right then people would have the hardest time taking off from the runway without smashing into a hill

Turbo Poggs
Jan 6, 2013
I have great memories of placing a mortar in the back of the chinook on Operation Irving. Took a while for them to patch up the wonky ~emergent physics based gameplay~ that made the chopper immediately flip over & explode

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’ve seen the tech test footage and it’s insane that this “AAA” game only runs at 1280x720

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rap music posted:

I’ve seen the tech test footage and it’s insane that this “AAA” game only runs at 1280x720

Helicopters lock their rotors at random yet remain airborne, can this truly be the state of a finished product in tyool 2021?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New Wildcat APC footage, appears to have a chaingun and anti-air missiles and it predictably gets owned by attack helis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mozo0nJsoJs

FAUXTON posted:

YOU CANNOT PARK THE IOWA ON WAKE ISLAND! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 18, 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The United States posted:

New Wildcat APC footage, appears to have a chaingun and anti-air missiles and it predictably gets owned by attack helis

WOW WHAT JANKY PHYSICS

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

FAUXTON posted:

YOU CANNOT PARK THE IOWA PRINCE OF WALES ON WAKE ISLAND! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I dunno if owned is really right here. Looks like the driver of the AA apc just sucks tbh.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Lol and how. "This AAA doesn't seem to be working, better try my AR instead"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The gun also doesn’t look to be a true AA gun, it didn’t seem to be able to aim up above a certain point. So some kind of light anti-infantry vehicle with AA missiles (which won’t do anything because countermeasures).

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

sbaldrick posted:

Bring back Argonne Forest and Tsaritsyn

i learned recently that my great grandfather was gassed in the argonne, met my great grandmother who nursed him in the hospital. Not really relevant, it just kind of weirdly recontextualized the map for me.

Also he used to talk to my dad about the nice french 'mademoiselles' whenever he got drunk i guess lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bring back Argonne Forest but the whole map is just C for maximum bullshittery.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just reminding me how badly I want to steer the aircraft carrier again

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Bring back Tsaritsyn

No thank you

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Blue Raider posted:

No thank you

I would have agreed if it wasn't extremely fun to grab the sentry elite and lockdown the church with just one pocket medic. Last game I had on Tsaritsyn started with a 44 kill streak just by doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

tbh I liked a bunch of the bf1 maps, but the one I'd probably most like them to reprise in 2042 is Fort de Vaux - I'd much rather have that be the infantry meatgrinder map than another reprise of Metro or Operation Locker