Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sports Argument Stadium Subtitle Contest

Welcome, sports fans! As you have noticed, our fearless leader, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, has made a change to the main forums list:

What used to be mouse-over text is now a visible subtitle. But now that most sports are back (with crowds, even!) the pandemic reference feels a bit dated. And while the subforum name Supposedly About Sports had a time and place, and Sports Argument Stadium is a classic, we're open to some alternatives here as well.

This is where we need your help! We want your subtitle submissions to give Sports Argument Stadium a snappy new description! And if you want to suggest a new 'SAS,' that could be great as well!

The winners are eligible for fantastic forums prizes!

We're going to leave this thread stickied and open for submissions. Once we have some contenders, we'll open a poll and let the votes roll in.

• For subtitles, please keep it a reasonable length. A sentence or two should do it.
  • For subforum re-naming, try to use the initials SAS.

Looking forward to seeing what suggestions we get!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The original Dan Snyder containment zone.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Balls.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Knights of LeBron, assemble.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's never "your year".

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The balls never lie.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

sports argument stadium - i dictate how i want my balls to be rubbed up

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Football is now officially gay (hooray!)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's a funny old game

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Some very good entries already!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
SAS - No one hates my team more than me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SAS - I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

You miss all the posts you don't make.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
SAS - Avoid the F1 thread

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Whooping Crabs posted:

Football is now officially gay (hooray!)

tbh just "football is gay" would own but not sure it'd pass the snuff test for being displayed on the forum index lol. plus we might get sued by the NFL for jacking their slogan

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Crab rangoon, things of that nature

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Your favourite player is actually bad and allow me to explain why.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Sport. Our Game. Sport.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I. I believe. I believe that. I believe that we. I believe that we will. I believe that we will post

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Luigi Thirty posted:

SAS - I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SAS - We're somewhere between the nerds and the fat asses. (Inspect your gadgets and you look like poo poo)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Bats.

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

Yaya posted:

Some Athletes Suck

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

grassy gnoll posted:

SAS - No one hates my team more than me.

Yaya posted:

I like these two

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

SAS: Between Moral and Legal Controversies, We Get To Play Games!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

it has to be this. im sorry. if it's not this im going to make very offensive hand gestures at the mods

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

SAS - No I was saying DINGer

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Luigi Thirty posted:

This one seems a bit too long to fit aesthetically onto the forums index.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Base Balls, Basket Balls, Foot Balls, Pig Balls

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Hand Knit posted:

This one seems a bit too long to fit aesthetically onto the forums index.

It seems like about the same length as the fyad one? Maybe lop off the last sentence

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It seems like about the same length as the fyad one? Maybe lop off the last sentence

It's shorter even without the last sentence lopped off

FYAD - I want them to take away sigs slowly from the bottom of the forum up to the head. I want them to do that a few times but then just jump their mouth right all over the avatars and start going up and down on our avatars with their lips wrapped around t

Sports Argument Stadium - I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

I added spoiler tags because idk it's fyad

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

dirty shrimp money posted:

Base Balls, Basket Balls, Foot Balls, Pig Balls

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There was another random chat(not the FF) I went on and I found some woman who had a website where she chronicled all the creeps who hit on her in chats. This was right after the Ravens won the Superbowl. So I had an idea to make a new account and I pretended to be Ray Lewis trying to hit on her. Just so she would make an entry talking about Ray Lewis and the Ravens that I could read. It worked!! She made it and even had Ray Lewis' mugshot on it and everything. It was like "Guess what?? Ray Lewis from the Baltimore Ravens tried to contact me today!" She knew it wasn't him. But I got the Ravens out there even more.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
wait are we supposed to get a spooky name now

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

elentar posted:

Supposedly about skeletons/specter

Skeleton argument sanctum

Sorry if I chose ones already used I'm not original at all.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

elentar posted:

Corey Lidle's Haunted Hangar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

elentar posted:

We have a spooky name.

Also gonna use the month to test drive the Castellanos hover text (it is thematic in this month of death) and see whether it's aesthetically displeasing on the forums main page.