Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah basically!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1995

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
poor jeopardy :(

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/status/1428144977595535369

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

died in the wool

hackers can turn your sweater into a bomb

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect posted:

poor jeopardy :(

hiring chuds for the new host is deliberate

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: someone just threw an unironic, “well that’s why they pay you the big bucks” at me. time to get to work i guess

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress jeopardy now

i hope that poo poo gets out there - this piece of poo poo put on a song and dance show to get eyes for a fake "contest" to see who'd host

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
tv game shows deserve every bad thing that happens to them. this has always been true

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im convinced pat sajack drinks himself to sleep every week - he is just so dead whenever i catch an episode of wheel of fortune

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

tv game shows deserve every bad thing that happens to them. this has always been true

i like watching old episodes of match game from the 70s

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I am a died in the wool little spoon

Mostly because most people I've ever been with had been taller than I

Good call. My last SO is a foot shorter than I am and tried to big-spoon me once and I was like "ugh no"

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

im convinced pat sajack drinks himself to sleep every week - he is just so dead whenever i catch an episode of wheel of fortune

https://twitter.com/i/status/1398775088464338948

lmao e:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1423780893760507906

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the gently caress lmao

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I would not spoon Pat Sajak

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i like watching old episodes of match game from the 70s

game shows were good in the '70s

unrelated: :rip:
https://twitter.com/tedgeoghegan/status/1428348087999860742

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: i took yospos' advice and finally reported to the boss with a hint of escalating to HR about the toxicity the senior engineer has been spewing this past month or two. hopefully it goes well, if not, i definitely made a workplace enemy today

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

dioxazine posted:

cjs: i took yospos' advice and finally reported to the boss with a hint of escalating to HR about the toxicity the senior engineer has been spewing this past month or two. hopefully it goes well, if not, i definitely made a workplace enemy today

gently caress em. people go to work because they need money. normal people don't go to work to flirt or discuss politics or whatever that dipshit thinks the captive audience need.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've been trying to be nice to her since her husband died somewhat recently, but she refuses to take time off and she's just getting worse. so today was it for me. i don't log in to read emails at 5 AM castigating me/other team members for not doing things exactly the way she wants them done.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

this sucks.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

dioxazine posted:

i've been trying to be nice to her since her husband died somewhat recently, but she refuses to take time off and she's just getting worse. so today was it for me. i don't log in to read emails at 5 AM castigating me/other team members for not doing things exactly the way she wants them done.

yeah it's a lovely situation. sounds like she needs therapy op. hope it works out ok for all concerned.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

dioxazine posted:

sounds like she's single now?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

fart simpson posted:

a while ago i played an album of fart sounds over airplay to the soundbar to annoy my wife and today that sword swung back onto me. i was listening to a “recommended for you” playlist and suddenly a big wet fart played in between two of the songs

loving lomarf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

hbag posted:

wait, but... how does it work with static sites if my site's gotta display stuff depending on who's logged in

hbag.com/user0001.html
hbag.com/user0002.html
hbag.com/user0959.html

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs: working from a CoWoRkInG sPaCe today so I can meet my newborn nephew after work. the very nice man who owns it served me some of the best coffee i've ever had, sounds like it was from a family farm in his hometown in the dominican republic

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

sounds like she's single now?

not into boomers!

sorry beep

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
apparently there's been a tornado warning near the office

do not like it when tornadoes migrate up here :mad:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cjs: lmao, demoing iac pipeline to security people, the total lack of understanding and interest is amazing

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Talisman_tate/status/1427922767643545601

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ah the "ladies if he eats ice cream, he's gay ngl" genre of tweet

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the truly obscenely wealthy are the types of people who hunt and peck for the best possible bargain they can get, even if it's just an $8 combo at burger king. then they'll squabble with the cashier over paying a few extra nickles for a cup of ice or a straw or something. it's their kids that do the extravagant stuff.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

ah the "ladies if he eats ice cream, he's gay ngl" genre of tweet

B215.1 in the stith thompson tweet index

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

B215.1 in the stith thompson tweet index

how close to that are the "two monitors and a rainbow keyboard" tweets?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

the truly obscenely wealthy are the types of people who hunt and peck for the best possible bargain they can get, even if it's just an $8 combo at burger king. then they'll squabble with the cashier over paying a few extra nickles for a cup of ice or a straw or something. it's their kids that do the extravagant stuff.

warren buffet has a mcdonalds gold card that lets him eat for free at mcdonalds and he uses it all the fuckin time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

carry on then posted:

how close to that are the "two monitors and a rainbow keyboard" tweets?

those are funny and true tho

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
unironically depressed about this
https://twitter.com/inputmag/status/1428421204055052296
:smith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they allowed of to exist during the pandemic so people wouldn't blow their brains out, but it is now your civic duty to Open Biden and go out and suck and gently caress.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

they allowed of to exist during the pandemic so people wouldn't blow their brains out, but it is now your civic duty to Open Biden and go out and suck and gently caress.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

reality is of just wants venture capital now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

carry on then posted:

"two monitors and a rainbow keyboard"

where its at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos: