Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

cr0y posted:

JESUS loving GODDAMN TAP DANCING CHRIST WHAT DOES BEING RELIGIOUS HAVE TO DO WITH VACCINES KMG IMSNZIWNXBA%°%÷©÷&

it turns out that strongly treating personal health as a measure of virtue does some strange things to how you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

"im going to the library to check out"

"cool, which book are you going to check out?"

"i wasn't talking about books"

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i wonder how the "covid is god's punishment on the liberals and homosexuals" people are holding up

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

bars and indoor dining in Boston are packed this rainy Thursday evening

covid has given me the ability to see the future

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sphyre posted:

situation in new zealand... seems bad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

When vaccines were new, the CDC said it was impossible to get infected if you were vaccinated. Then when the entire Yankees team caught Covid despite being vaccinated with J&J we were told oh it can happen but it's rare and you don't transmit. Then we found out it's not rare and you can transmit it, but you can't get long covid from it. Then it was oops we were wrong about long covid from breakthrough cases, but they're so rare they barely even happen. I'm sure by this time next month we will find out long covid from breakthroughs is common too! And people still will keep going to brunch, all the while stepping over the bodies of innocent children to do so!

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

:crackping:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1428480864720150528

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SKULL.GIF posted:

+450,000 cases in America in three days

it is the height of summer

:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

antibody infusion centers !!!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Biowarfare posted:

i wonder how the "covid is god's punishment on the liberals and homosexuals" people are holding up

doing fine, it's just a bunch of rocks shaking around in there anyway

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I thought that bigol sun was gona kill virus and kids were immune

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

antibody infusion centers !!!

hit PBS kids TV show Regeneron Rainbow

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Lol, my county's reported breakthrough cases went from less than 3% last week to 8.3% this week

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shifty Pony posted:

Some Texas hospitals are looking to prioritize vaccinated patients over unvaccinated patients if things get worse (which they will).

but wait you say, what about disproportionate rates of unvaccinated folks in disadvantaged groups? don't worry the doctors considered it:

oh wait the article continues a bit...

can't expect doctors to take five additional seconds to read something critically important, better to just gently caress over the usual groups yet again.

Is there really any valid excuse for this at this point, though? We've had how many months of hospitals full of 90% unvaxxed folks, a mountain of studies showing mrna vaccines are pretty drat effective regardless of racial backround, millions of doses administered etc. At a certain point you have no choice but to write people off as chuds if the behaviors aren't functionally different.

After all, being a chud is a state of mind, it isn't limited to rural white people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I paid $5,000 for a regeneron fast pass and season pass

more than worth the money

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
For those who want to be on the cutting edge of crack ping: when it was mostly people 65+ dying the bulk of the cost was being charged to Medicare. As it shifts lower those massive costs are going to either be eaten by insurance or the hospitals themselves.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my license covers the next 4 quarters of boosters plus a 20% discount on flash shots for emerging threats

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Dog Case posted:

Lol, my county's reported breakthrough cases went from less than 3% last week to 8.3% this week

I was assured this was fine and normal because the more people are vaccinated then the more breakthroughs happen. It's The Science!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoondick posted:

"im going to the library to check out"

"cool, which book are you going to check out?"

"i wasn't talking about books"

Lewy DeSantis System

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hmm... Florida's cases went down 33% day-to-day on Worldometer. They're past the peak! :downs:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

still not sure how we got to the point that 30% of the country has decided that vaccines are evil but antibody infusions are good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zokari posted:

still not sure how we got to the point that 30% of the country has decided that vaccines are evil but antibody infusions are good

it owns doesn’t it

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Stereotype posted:

wow hey look a nearly perfect analog to what is happening with covid. amazing

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm just going to continue laughing manically behind my respirator

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Zokari posted:

It's entirely about who's shilling what.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Sphyre posted:

situation in new zealand... seems bad

I dunno man, I fully expect cases to clear 100 before coming down, don't think it's unexpected that we'll continue to see cases every day for at least a week or two.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

drake looking away annoyed: easy preventative option
drake looking happy: more invasive treatment

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao there are families in America with 100 cases

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sure today is worse than yesterday but look at the bright side it is better than tomorrow

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

This was me at New Years; everyone was cheering that 2020 was finally over, meanwhile I'm in the corner with a flat expression going 'I don't know how I can celebrate this moment when 2021 is gonna be way worse'

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Lacrosse posted:

I was assured this was fine and normal because the more people are vaccinated then the more breakthroughs happen. It's The Science!

Lmao the breakthrough percentage went up but the vaccinated percentage didn't change

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

sure the ICUs are full, but there's always the ICUP

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

This was me at New Years; everyone was cheering that 2020 was finally over, meanwhile I'm in the corner with a flat expression going 'I don't know how I can celebrate this moment when 2021 is gonna be way worse'

My parents sent me a Christmas ornament "2020, a year to forget" and I looked at it and thought the same thing.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
iowa governors office has officially said the federal mandate that face masks must be worn on school buses supersedes the state law against mask mandates

meaning, all biden has to do is mandate schools have to wear masks, and Reynolds is signaling they'll go with it (and fundraise their brains off of it)

e: iowa starts to revolt
https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1428512133407457281

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

smoobles posted:

uhhhhh

nm, what’s ICUP with u

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

smoobles posted:

Fool me once, sportacus retail associate

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

don't worry, biden sent 20 nurses and respiratory therapists. it will be fine

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1428207722651168772?s=19

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
GA's governor looks at what's happening in Florida, Texas, and other southern states. He nods knowingly.

"Aha! That's the solution"

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianKempGA/status/1428512725072818179

Open

er

uP

MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

it's a pandemic of the unemployed, folks