Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
George Lucas has invested well in antivampire protections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
That's some really great art in the Alien crossover comic, but then he goes and uses Comic Sans, and does things like spelling "grisly" "grizzly".

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

reignofevil posted:

George Lucas has invested well in antivampire protections.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

the art is good but the poetry needed another few passes, the meter is garbage

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

indigi posted:

the art is good but the poetry needed another few passes, the meter is garbage

Pretty much all Dr Seuss parodies run into this problem, his art style is easy to copy but anapestic tetrameter is surprisingly hard

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I also feel like Obi Wan shouldn’t be holding anything. He should just have his hands folded with the thumbs and pinkies making little steeple points.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

The third panel finally, finally, finally makes it canon that Vader wears stretchy rubber pants that pleasantly cup his junk

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qlo0Kkr.gifv

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

That’s a waste of a perfectly good A-wing. Those things were crazy OP in that game for a while and could really swing that map…

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Alahu admiral ackbar.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

That’s a waste of a perfectly good A-wing. Those things were crazy OP in that game for a while and could really swing that map…

The crazy-good Hero players can basically hold their own against everything but a crashing starship, and sometimes that's what you need to swing the map

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vinylshadow posted:

The crazy-good Hero players can basically hold their own against everything but a crashing starship, and sometimes that's what you need to swing the map

In the beta and the first year or so of Battlefront 1, the A-wing basically was a Hero unit and they had to make changes to it over multiple patches to nerf it. It unintentionally had a very small hit box compared to every other fighter, so any halfway decent pilot could jink and juke easily enough to avoid incoming fire. At release, it also came with the same shield ability as the X-wing, which greatly reduced the damage it took for a bit, so good timing with that allowed pilots to zip away with its already great speed. This also had the bonus of a bug, only for the A-wing, where it made it immune to collision damage from ground units, so you could just literally fly through AT-STs and instant kill them without taking any damage yourself. The guns fired very quickly and accurately, so coming down in a steep dive could ruin objectives or clusters of the enemy better than any other fighter in the game.

The devs eventually fixed the hitbox issue a few months after release. Then they made ground AA weapons like the ion torpedo and turrets fly faster and have longer ranges to bridge the gap with all fighters, but it was clear the A-wing was the biggest source of complaints. They made it so the shield ability reduced weapon power while active, and eventually took it away from the A-wing entirely, replacing it with a speed boost. The A-wing was complained about a lot more than any Hero unit in that game since in the right hands it was so dominant. For certain maps, notably very open ones like Hoth and Jundland Wastes on modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy, they could just do loops out of range of infantry weapons and rain fire down on objectives and completely prevent the other team from gaining them unless you crashed.

They were tons of fun :getin:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I dunno making the A-Wing the ship that’s good at ramming into things to blow them up just sounds like the designers cared about being faithful to the movies.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Lmao

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Crosspost from the funny comic panel thread.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Gann Jerrod posted:

The next panel better be Chewbacca beating the hell out of some guy while Lando sits back and watches while drinking a Colt 45.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

fartknocker posted:

In the beta and the first year or so of Battlefront 1, the A-wing basically was a Hero unit and they had to make changes to it over multiple patches to nerf it. It unintentionally had a very small hit box compared to every other fighter, so any halfway decent pilot could jink and juke easily enough to avoid incoming fire. At release, it also came with the same shield ability as the X-wing, which greatly reduced the damage it took for a bit, so good timing with that allowed pilots to zip away with its already great speed. This also had the bonus of a bug, only for the A-wing, where it made it immune to collision damage from ground units, so you could just literally fly through AT-STs and instant kill them without taking any damage yourself. The guns fired very quickly and accurately, so coming down in a steep dive could ruin objectives or clusters of the enemy better than any other fighter in the game.

The devs eventually fixed the hitbox issue a few months after release. Then they made ground AA weapons like the ion torpedo and turrets fly faster and have longer ranges to bridge the gap with all fighters, but it was clear the A-wing was the biggest source of complaints. They made it so the shield ability reduced weapon power while active, and eventually took it away from the A-wing entirely, replacing it with a speed boost. The A-wing was complained about a lot more than any Hero unit in that game since in the right hands it was so dominant. For certain maps, notably very open ones like Hoth and Jundland Wastes on modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy, they could just do loops out of range of infantry weapons and rain fire down on objectives and completely prevent the other team from gaining them unless you crashed.

They were tons of fun :getin:

I play BF2 (the fourth game) all the time but never got to play BF1 (the third game) and it sounds like loads of fun.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Walker assault was an amazing game mode and I wish it was in the fourth one (BF2)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gann Jerrod posted:

Lmao, why is this not the thread title already…

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gann Jerrod posted:

Lmao hell yeah

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

:hmmyes:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Cartoon Man posted:

Report the post with the reason being new thread title!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

fartknocker posted:

The next panel better be Chewbacca beating the hell out of some guy while Lando sits back and watches while drinking a Colt 45.

Barkeep, I'll have a Budd Dwyer on the rocks.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I see we're well into the "didn't stop to think whether they should just because they could" territory of game mods

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.artstation.com/alpha-step

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

This has a star wars vibe to it:

From http://www.lesedwards.com

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/BtRaven/status/1333305400679010305

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/kzwtvGp.mp4

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I do not like the tall Sontaran

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

this is your dengar on cybernetics :colbert:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pictured: the exact moment a student filmmaker realizes he's in way over his head

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Holy poo poo! What?