Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/isosteph/status/1428231688014884880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/NONSTOPPUP/status/1108470226692104193

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
likely repost but
https://twitter.com/jeremygratil/status/1233981763002593285?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/behindyourback/status/1428354771463725065?s=21

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/kitten_beloved/status/1428120368049393667?s=21

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/amyquispe/status/1428188930822840324

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/JoelBurgess/status/1428008043556622336

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
emergent behavior is super neat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

not without a bunch of leap second fiddling, actually

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

my god what a time to be alive
https://twitter.com/burgerpilled/status/1427547500773322767?s=21

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

That is indeed a neat story but I hate Twitter threads and I especially hate the specific way this guy wrote it so I will summarize:

The fox is programmed to always run away from you, which its AI does by finding a route that travels through the greatest number of pathing grid polygons (as a proxy for distance) as quickly as possible. The pathing grid is sparse in the wilderness, but becomes dense inside caves and dungeons where you have to have monsters navigating narrow corridors and so on. Therefore the fox AI makes a beeline for caves and dungeons where it can cross a large number of polygons in a short time.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

That is indeed a neat story but I hate Twitter threads and I especially hate the specific way this guy wrote it so I will summarize
what else do you hate, gampy? Are you still mad we abandoned the gold standard?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this turns out to have been from a training exercise a couple of years ago. not taliban.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

what else do you hate, gampy? Are you still mad we abandoned the gold standard?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

what else do you hate, gampy?

big trucks with their headlights too high up, skateboarders on the sidewalk, and those perverted japanese cartoons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/Daramgaria/status/1428367135504359429?s=19

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

big trucks with their headlights too high up, skateboarders on the sidewalk, and those perverted japanese cartoons

add ultra bright headlights to this list pls

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

*nervously lols*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
worst headlights 2021, as ranked by a dude that walks several miles every night:

* the blue ones
* the super high intensity angry LED eyebrows on anything 2018+
* one headlight out (for some reason this is super distracting and i stare at the car every time)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

worst headlights 2021, as ranked by a dude that walks several miles every night:

* the blue ones
* one headlight out (for some reason this is super distracting and i stare at the car every time)

those blue fuckers ugh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mediaphage posted:

those blue fuckers ugh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I literally do not know how the blue headlight fuckers don't get pulled over several times a night

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

I literally do not know how the blue headlight fuckers don't get pulled over several times a night

im gonna retire from software and become a cop and thats all I'll do until they fire me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

then i'll just move to a different city and get a job as a cop there and do the same thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i put a selective yellow headlight on my motorcycles because i think it makes the bike stand out more in the sea of blinding blue-white HID and LED glare.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

I do this too but i waa bicycling at night and i think its more of a function of me trying to figure out how wide is that loving thing coming at me, is it another bike, motorcycle or a stupid rear end car with a headlight out

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i turn the engine but the engine doesnt turn

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
there's a new trend i can't loving stand: flashing third brake light

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i put Annoying Brake Light Flashers on all my bikes but i can understand how its frustrating on cars

bonus points if you have the BMWs that have a stick shift and they flash the hazards or w/e when you engine brake hard before a turn

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rotor posted:

im gonna retire from software and become a cop and thats all I'll do until they fire me
I'm sure they'd look the other way on that if you just brutalize a minority every now and again

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I made an related pun on a tweet reply and someone got mad and then later decided 'I'm not mad'

Wish I could see the tweets :o:

edit: oh wait was it

lomarf

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jonny 290 posted:

I hate these fuckers because they always make me think I'm getting a migraine as they punch a hole in my vision

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: oh wait was it

lomarf

imagine blocking someone for that lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

imagine blocking someone for that lol

imagine being the type of person who runs a twitter account named Classical Studies Memes for Hellenistic Teens

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
that account is sometimes pretty clever. “a thread” jokes on twitter are beyond tired, though

op, your pun is pretty good but relies on knowledge that the person you’re replying to probably wouldn’t have, which makes it weird for you to tweet it at them. and then it turned into an irritating explanation at length, so i’m not too surprised they got annoyed enough to block

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Progressive JPEG posted:

i turn the engine but the engine doesnt turn

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/bonejail/status/1428468001469345795?s=21

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i was never big on equipment tickets generally, but "flashing red light" is an easy one

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

someone make an initial d parody song "rear end, rear end, rear end"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

flakeloaf posted:

i was never big on equipment tickets generally, but "flashing red light" is an easy one

i don't think it's illegal, at least not in california. if the flashing red light faced forward instead of backward, that would be illegal though