Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheHan posted:

Tien got shown up by Master Roshi in his recruitment episode and savagely owned by Gohan before completely fumbling his focus episode in the tournament of power, and you wanna cap all that off with everyone calling him a bozo? Hasn't he suffered enough?

If they're going to bust my boy Krillin's chops for getting backstabbed by a professional backstabber, they can absolutely make fun of Tien for coming up with the dumbest combat strategy in the ToP and then still getting owned when it actually worked. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I remember when just before the ToP and Gohan and Piccolo were doing a duo fight vs Tien and Goku.

Goku immediately flew off to fight Gohan and then Piccolo just beat Tien into the ground like a railroad spike, and I feel like that set my expectations for how well he was gonna do in the tournament.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gokus supposed to be smart when it comes to fighting what did he expect to happen to tien?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caidin posted:

I remember when just before the ToP and Gohan and Piccolo were doing a duo fight vs Tien and Goku.

Goku immediately flew off to fight Gohan and then Piccolo just beat Tien into the ground like a railroad spike, and I feel like that set my expectations for how well he was gonna do in the tournament.

It was even worse. Piccolo was charging a big ki attack, so Gohan was 1v2ing. Goku flew off to punch Gohan, then Gohan slapped him aside, tent-pegged Tien, then went back to fighting Goku. Tien was just standing there going "huh?" instead of taking advantage of Goku rushing in or anything.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kanos posted:

It was even worse. Piccolo was charging a big ki attack, so Gohan was 1v2ing. Goku flew off to punch Gohan, then Gohan slapped him aside, tent-pegged Tien, then went back to fighting Goku. Tien was just standing there going "huh?" instead of taking advantage of Goku rushing in or anything.

Dang, I can't believe I forgot something like that. Dude got yamcha'd harder then Yamcha ever did.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Meanwhile, Yamcha gets to be a cool dude and win the baseball game.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

People like Tien because the first Tri-Beam was really stylish looking and powerful feeling. He has a lot of interesting techniques that end up useless. It's a shame.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I still maintain my position that this is merely Night Soul Vegeta ~Sign~.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

So what happens when Ultra Instinct fuses with Ultra Ego

Ultra Super Ego

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The Bee posted:

Imagine your body automatically flinging itself into every punch thrown your way for the sake of pumping itself up.

Ultra DBSM

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

dipwood posted:

I still maintain my position that this is merely Night Soul Vegeta ~Sign~.

Oh yeah almost definitely. Looking forward to the peanut gallery explaining that he's channeling the energy of being a prick but hasn't yet fully mastered being a masochistic edgelord

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Bee posted:

Imagine your body automatically flinging itself into every punch thrown your way for the sake of pumping itself up.

finally, a true master of Face to Foot Style

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

His body spins like a cat with buttered toast tied to its back.

Physics Glitch Vegeta

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Bee posted:

Meanwhile, Yamcha gets to be a cool dude and win the baseball game.

Yamcha figured out earlier than anyone else that at his absolute worst he was still superhuman.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m glad Yamcha’s winning in something. You know, after he peaked at “beat a starving child up” and just had punkass moment after punkass moment.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Just being to fly would be enough for me to feel happy forever

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
After Bulma dumped him, do you ever think Yamcha tried to get Puar to turn into her for.. you know, reasons? Be honest. You know he did.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

New Leaf posted:

After Bulma dumped him, do you ever think Yamcha tried to get Puar to turn into her for.. you know, reasons? Be honest. You know he did.

I like to give Yamcha credit. Not a lot, cause his Yamcha Hole is one of the most ubiquitous memes in the series worldwide for a reason, just enough that he’d just find another floozy and put a blue wig on her. The wig would definitely be Puar though, yeah.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

New Leaf posted:

how about don't

https://i.imgur.com/Ce5lFwL.mp4

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The other thing with Tenshinhan was that the movies and filler treated him better than Krillen because Toei hated Krillen and liked him (prolly because of that one guy that loved the big muscly guys and kept designing muscle enemies).

Krillen in the manga/series proper would have moments of being scared and such (in a reasonable way because he was so outclassed) and then always come through in the end. Tenshinhan normally did a bunch of nothing except the kikohou against Cell and cameo against Buu; he did less against Vegeta and Nappa, didnt go to Namek and got useless training under King Kai (where Toei had him fight the GInyu force, unlike in the manga), did nothing at all of note in the android/Cell saga except the kikohou which was good, and then almost nothing under Buu except dodge and deflect an attack.

Toei had him doing stuff on the side that made him feel more present in the series like fighting the GInyu Force, and in the movies, had him as a Piccolo level dude that gave Trunks a decent fight in movie 9, while Krillen was just a scared guy that was the butt of every joke and just got owned every time he was on screen.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yeah gently caress Toei then, Krillin loving rules.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's true. Toei turned the handful of comedic moments Krillin had in the manga into making him the butt of every joke.

On the other hand, Toei also let him date Maron, who is 98% Bulma except for...two...notable exceptions.

Toriyama still outdid them with having him marry #18. You can tell Toriyama has a lot of affection for Krillin, whereas I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot Tenshinhan existed without editors reminding him.

Also, "Chaozu who???"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When was this again?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

bowmore posted:

When was this again?

When Vegeta fought Ribrianne.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Specifically the bit where she'd just turned into a spinning ball charging at him like she was sonic the hedgehog.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh ok, thanks :)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm sure I've said this before in the thread, but TFS Tenshinhan is the only take on Tenshinhan I like. He's literally got nothing going for him in Z other than the Kikohous, so they just make him the straight man in every scene who's also bitter about power level bullshit. It works because in the original series he might have the most unique techniques out of almost everyone in the cast, but it all means nothing when everyone around him can just brute force their way through them and kick his rear end

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I do need to defend Tien during the big 2 v 2 match

That was 100% Goku being a lovely loving partner and leaving him open to get bodied by Gohan over and over again. Goku was just kind of watching Piccolo while letting his son beat the poo poo out of Tien, instead of taking on Gohan and letting Tien deal with Piccolo himself. Which he could have kind of done since Piccolo was charging up something. Many things in his life are his fault- I won't lay THAT one on him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
To be fair to Goku, it wasn’t until the end of that episode that he remembered his son is disgustingly strong and could cave in Tien’s chest with a palm push.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Kanos posted:

I was so mad in the ToP.

Krillin saved 18 from a ring out, then went on to knock two opponents out, then only got knocked out by a cheap shot from Frost, but Beerus craps on him and treats him like poo poo and everyone, including himself, mocks him for being a dumb failure. Then Tien has the godawful sniper episode where his strategy is "run across a field and hope he can't kill all of my multi-forms before I get there", he catches the sniper, then gets double ringed out by the sniper he had already beaten because he stopped to mock the guy instead of just winning - and Beerus praises him for being a cool dude and everyone is like "good job Tien, that was really smart!".

There's no justice!!!

People forget Beerus is an incompetent shitsack who is terrible at his job and is a worse judge of character.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheKirbs posted:

People forget Beerus is an incompetent shitsack who is terrible at his job and is a worse judge of character.

Such is the power of ... Ultra Ego (Complete)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

There's absolutely going to be an arc where Freiza takes control and turns all the angels and Destroyers against Goku and Vegeta, and Vegeta will have to defeat Beerus in one fight with both going full GoD, and Goku will have to defeat Beerus in another with both using MUI.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Black August posted:

There's absolutely going to be an arc where Freiza takes control and turns all the angels and Destroyers against Goku and Vegeta, and Vegeta will have to defeat Beerus in one fight with both going full GoD, and Goku will have to defeat Beerus in another with both using MUI.

I am now going to severely disappointed if this doesn't happen.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They'll use the Fusion Dance to form Rare Gogeta with both the power of UI and Hakai and three different auras

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The endgame of dragon ball super is making captain planet with just two people

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You mean one person.

Vegeta can watch, from the ground

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

TheKirbs posted:

Beerus is a lazy, gluttonous rear end in a top hat who sucks at actually doing his job because he's a lazy, gluttonous rear end in a top hat, but I don't know if I'd call him incompetent. He's incredibly, brutally, insanely good at fighting, and he's shown to be mostly really quick on the uptake about things that aren't his own character flaws. He was pretty quick at sussing out Zamasu, for example.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Beerus is absolutely who Vegeta will chill out to become by the time Trunks is an adult and it rules.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

So what happens when Ultra Instinct fuses with Ultra Ego

Ultra Semiconsciousness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kanos posted:

Beerus is a lazy, gluttonous rear end in a top hat who sucks at actually doing his job because he's a lazy, gluttonous rear end in a top hat, but I don't know if I'd call him incompetent. He's incredibly, brutally, insanely good at fighting, and he's shown to be mostly really quick on the uptake about things that aren't his own character flaws. He was pretty quick at sussing out Zamasu, for example.

He let his instant death button fight Buu, and his universe was objectively one of the shittiest to live in. He's incompetent.