Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lol you all see this poo poo yet:

but how poor when fridge??? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

And yet new constructions keep falling and new home prices keep rising. Curious.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lol you all see this poo poo yet:

love the ultra user hostility where every app/subscription thing now just actively avoids having a “cancel plan” button, phone customer service link, cancel credit card button, or whatever. i assume all of the bitchmade data scientists out there have shown that this actually improves user retention which is kind of amusing. if you make an important task annoying or obtuse enough, people just won’t do it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it used to be impossible to cancel a New York Times subscription

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

euphronius posted:

you loved the content that much huh?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did once yeah years ago

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Hey, a long while ago there was a youtube video someone posted here of a dog (corgi?) running in circles while breaking the law played, and I can’t find it. I believe the video was titled BREAKING THE LAW. Does anyone have a link?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chakan posted:

Hey, a long while ago there was a youtube video someone posted here of a dog (corgi?) running in circles while breaking the law played, and I can’t find it. I believe the video was titled BREAKING THE LAW. Does anyone have a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zeCXlFPjk

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
:five:

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think her best bet at this point is to contest it with her credit card tbh.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
They were gonna charge people evacuating wuhan/China during COVID. Bet those idiots wish they had stayed in China.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Free *access* to evacuation

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Source4Leko posted:

I think her best bet at this point is to contest it with her credit card tbh.

Yeah always was, the last thing companies want is credit chargebacks on their accounts. If there are enough of them their credit line gets cut or they have to pay higher fees. It's either a bot responding to her or someone sitting there with zero emotion invested just shooting off scripted emails. They don't care what her replies are, the responses are always the same: "more info".

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Home Depot still selling at $3.50 per and Lowes is like $4 for 2x4s lol.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Gorson posted:

Yeah always was, the last thing companies want is credit chargebacks on their accounts. If there are enough of them their credit line gets cut or they have to pay higher fees. It's either a bot responding to her or someone sitting there with zero emotion invested just shooting off scripted emails. They don't care what her replies are, the responses are always the same: "more info".

their whole tos is some bullshit. you cannot cancel your own account within the initial year unless you die or get incapacitated (with documentation) for 3+ months.

a chargeback might not even get them to cancel it, they'll keep billing and refer them to collections lol

most gym memberships aren't even that ridiculous

edit: oh yeah
Covid-19 related issues will not be deemed such special circumstances justifying early cancellation of your Subscription.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
the new hot poo poo now with all these monthly subscriptions for “x” as a service is to charge monthly for something that you can only cancel after eleven months.

that’s yearly not monthly you fucks

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

punished milkman posted:

love the ultra user hostility where every app/subscription thing now just actively avoids having a “cancel plan” button, phone customer service link, cancel credit card button, or whatever. i assume all of the bitchmade data scientists out there have shown that this actually improves user retention which is kind of amusing. if you make an important task annoying or obtuse enough, people just won’t do it

the dsa is like this. i'm still paying dues bc i'm too lazy to send an email

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

turd in my singlet posted:

Dang, what made you join the Dick Suckin' Association

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

question answers itself, really

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Didn't we have a post somewhere calculating the cost of responses to COVID at something insane like $30 trillion between all of the governmental actions? or was it like $18 trillion?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

turd in my singlet posted:

this and also pity. but i just moved cross country and since i need to email them to stop getting CA dsa stuff i may as well save the money anyway

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Rutibex posted:

i have been doing some psycho-historian calculations and i think i have something. the soviet union withdrew from Afghanistan in February 1989, but their puppet government survived until April 1992. that means the soviet puppet government survived 39 months after the withdrawal of soviet forces. the soviet union collapsed in August 1991, 31 months after their withdrawal from Afghanistan.

now compare this to the USA occupation situation. US forces began withdrawing in may 2021, and by august 2021 Kabul was captured. this means the US puppet government collapsed in 4 months. comparing this with the soviet puppet regime there is a 10:1 corruption/incompetence ratio at play here. the USA empire is clearly 10x as corrupt as the soviet union. by extrapolating this ratio using the power of psycho-history i can predict that the US government will collapse entirely by November 2021

the soviet "puppet government" was an actual functioning government with a solid base that supported them in the cities, although it was widely hated by the more conservative countryside. it not only survived, but was on the verge of winning the civil war (cf the battle of jalalabad), was in negotiations with the mujahideen to grant them amnesty and lay down their arms

then boris yeltsin happened and he stopped supplying them (and in fact supplied their enemies to placate the US!), and they died.

if theres a hell i hope yeltsin is having a bad and painful time there

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
President xi send relief ships

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Palladium posted:

Pretty weird to have a shortage, when car chips are technologically ancient compared to whatever inside a $200 mobile phone from what I can gather

The first shortages were chips that controlled LCD displays, advance driver assistance systems, and infotainment systems. Now we are starting to see that chips needed to run the CANBUS or ECU on every car are in short supply. So the fun thing for auto makers will be that they can either build lots of low end, non cash cow cars like the basic of base model cars with the chips they have, or play the game on getting chips for cars that make them more money (Trucks, SUVs and luxury cars).

So, since no US car maker makes any car (sedan, coupe, station wagon), they have no product to sell. Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, and Honda etc.. still make cars, but most people don't want base models, and Toyota, who was trying to lead with safety, has every car built with some advance driver assistance systems, is actually looking to temporary make cars that don't have all of those features not required by law.

Since the mild 2010s, rear view cameras (which require LCD displays), have been required, along with Europe now requiring pedestrian safety systems on each car means that if this doesn't get fixed soon, the whole industry may literally stop producing vehicles, as the ones that are sitting and waiting to have components put in them are going on 6+ months of sitting, which is not good for a car. This will be a poo poo show for years, and this is not even getting into the issue of the car part shortages on late model cars causing people to drive unsafe cars because they have been waiting months for parts.

Brand new cars are getting totaled for damage that is less than 20% of the value of the car, because parts are not available. While this may sound good to those who have insurance that provides full car replacement, cars are selling for over MSRP, and the full value replacement policies only will pay up to MSRP, causing people to spend 1000s out of pocket to get into any kind of equivalent vehicle.

The parts shortage is also hitting trucking, and is taking badly needed trucks off the road, and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Oh, the best thing about this is, if you leased a vehicle, you have a choice to buy it out at a given price at the end of the lease. If you can do that and sell it now, you can make bank. A 3 year old Toyota Highlander is selling for more that MSRP! But don't worry, automakers and their finances have your back! They will try to prevent you from doing this, and they are going so far as to use repossession companies to go grab vehicles that are up from their lease, or a few days over (which due to the weekend, is actually quite a common thing).
https://jalopnik.com/automakers-are-screwing-consumers-out-of-the-equity-in-1847318319

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
wow i can't believe biden is actually dismantling the auto industry, based much??

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Thank you my friend.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
that was quite the zoomies

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

I've seen many dog zoomie videos in my time and that dog has a lot of energy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Toupee Groupie posted:

They will try to prevent you from doing this, and they are going so far as to use repossession companies to go grab vehicles that are up from their lease, or a few days over (which due to the weekend, is actually quite a common thing).
Lenders are literally paying co-conspirators to commit Grand Theft Auto??

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

Lenders are literally paying co-conspirators to commit Grand Theft Auto??

its a fair bet that if someone doesnt have the money to pay their car loan they also dont have the money to hire a lawyer

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

change your address to a California address and the ability to cancel online magically appears
:science:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cloks posted:

change your address to a California address and the ability to cancel online magically appears

god bless california, warning me about cancers no one else cares about

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

its a fair bet that if someone doesnt have the money to pay their car loan they also dont have the money to hire a lawyer

A good defense rifle is considerably less money, I would assume.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Tubgoat posted:

A good defense rifle is considerably less money, I would assume.

Tow truck drivers are just people fetching poo poo their boss told them to get. Are you saying shooting at the tow driver is better than getting an attorney and going after the people who handed down the work order?

I hope you live in a state without castle doctrine and try that poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 14:40 on Aug 21, 2021

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

No see tow truck drivers are the wrong kind of working class so it's fine to murder them

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
let me get my spreadsheet

NOTICE TO FBI: I Do not have a spreadsheet and will not take yours, stop asking me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if your ship is attacked by privateers you should to fire back. its doesn't matter that the royal navy pressed those sailors into service, they are pirates

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
boat culture is trash; i say scuttle'm all

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Born to die
Boat is gently caress
Scuttle em all
I am yacht man
410,757,864,530 denied yacht claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Cloks posted:

lmao