Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1428916102877298692?s=20
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1428916913137192963?s=20
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1428917105286602754?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wrestling... is good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

y'all i wanna call that a once a decade wrestling moment but we still have loving dragon at grand slam to freak the gently caress out over so i don't even know anymore with this company. just happy to have been along for the ride so far and stoked to see where the next year takes this amazing promotion.

We still have Hangman Page's climb to the AEW world title on top of all of this

What a loving company.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

CapnAndy posted:

Oh thank you, I was afraid I was gonna have to ask again since that was like the third-last post. Jungle Boy seemed neat I guess, but he spent a lot of time being beat up.

Jungle Boy is basically the second coming of Ricky Morton; he's pretty much the ultimate white meat babyface so getting beat up is part of what makes him so good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Been waiting all night, so beautiful

https://twitter.com/justehe/status/1428918403905953797
CM PUNK > FF7

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tony actually begged punk to come back because he just wanted to do the ice cream bar bit

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

can't think of a cooler thing i've seen in wrestling, certainly big time TV wrestling. nothing like aew.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

ratio’d

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

huh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Imagine how big these pops would've been if we were given Sheamus.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'm probably misquoting, but his "I hope you all can understand I wasn't mentally well for most of the last 7 years" was called out to the "people in the back"

maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

CM PUNK > FF7

CM PUNK > ONE WINGED ANGEL

You heard it here first :aaaaa:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The layers of sound that build and build in that pop is something i'll never forget.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Punk's first sentence in a promo in 7 years was putting over Britt Baker. That loving rules.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

I'm probably misquoting, but his "I hope you all can understand I wasn't mentally well for most of the last 7 years" was called out to the "people in the back"

I caught a vibe of this as well. I don't think you're off base. But my take was it was more of a response to social media calling him an rear end in a top hat.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

MorningMoon posted:

CM PUNK > FF7

The sign is right.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

y'all i wanna call that a once a decade wrestling moment but we still have loving dragon at grand slam to freak the gently caress out over so i don't even know anymore with this company. just happy to have been along for the ride so far and stoked to see where the next year takes this amazing promotion.

What you're witnessing, what we are all witnessing, is the resurrection of American wrestling. A company came along created by folks who grew up with it, tired of never seeing it and deciding to give it a platform again. It has drawn in people who don't want to end up in WWE and it has drawn back folks who have been beaten up and spit out and abused by this business. It's a really wonderful thing to watch. And we're just getting started.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

imagine hating this gentle giant

the "he's not even german!" comment killed me

e; more like trails of cold poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Top one is locked and links to three other threads

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428920559996338181?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hearing reports that AEW is not yet dead after all

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Punk's first sentence in a promo in 7 years was putting over Britt Baker. That loving rules.

Shows exactly why he's here. He's not lying when he says he came back for the young crew in the locker room.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Oh, did something big happen on the show tonight?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, so you know how I've spent the last month going "I DUNNO GUYS, I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRIOS MATCH WITH PUNK FIRST"

Takin' my L. I'm takin' my L. That was fuckin' stupid. All Out is gonna loving rule.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I honestly think that pre-music chant and subsequent pop were bigger than MITB 2011. Might even be bigger than the pop heard around the world

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

that's... interesting. i mean i gather its probably 1 or 2, and not disclosing it explicitly leaves plot threads available

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Okay, so you know how I've spent the last month going "I DUNNO GUYS, I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRIOS MATCH WITH PUNK FIRST"

Takin' my L. I'm takin' my L. That was fuckin' stupid. All Out is gonna loving rule.

lmao it's insane man. somehow every decision they make is the right one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jonny Nox posted:

I think there's a 100% chance that we get an explicit moment on screen the first week Punk and Cabana are at the same show.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm honestly interested in seeing the crazies who somehow think tonight was bad or AEW is just a WWE ripoff or whatever other crazy things they spout. Or is this the thing where finally no one can say a bad thing about it? lol

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Top one is locked and links to three other threads

My bad, I just thought no one cared :doh:

This was such an emotional night for me, as a wrestling fan and as a Chicagoan. This is such a special city, and I’m so glad we’ve made our mark on this little part of the cultural world.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

someone is back?!?!?!

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

Imagine if the Pacific Ocean loved you. That was CM Punk tonight.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Ringo Roadagain posted:

someone is back?!?!?!

Some skinny fat dude.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MJeff posted:

Did you toxx this? I hope it was for recaps of shows.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I was half expecting them to lead with Punk just because otherwise he'd hijack the whole show, but somehow was still suprised when they just jumped right into CM Punk chants, then the video.

I assume there was music too.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Still can't checkout from AEW Shop lol. Tony my main man buy some servers

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MJeff posted:

I was convinced they needed to hold off; build the suspense and show folks a killer match before debuting Punk, but as I counted down the minutes to the show starting I realized "gently caress it, just kick off with Punk, if you don't I'm just gonna be having a panic attack the whole time that this is a swerve". So yeah, taking an L.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

Thats how I read it.

Pylons posted:

:yeah:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I had a hearty chuckle at the “we wish WWE the best in all future endeavors” sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Really good one hour show. It’s still so crazy to me though that they sold out the United Center literally just so people could see CM Punk come back, a (very good) tag match, and two squashes. Sorry to Daniel Garcia but if you don’t get an intro then buddy that’s a squash.