Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm still hyped.

I feel like a kid at Christmas.

I want to run and shout and scream

That's what tonight did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

CM Punk in the vlogs.

CM PUNK HUNTING GHOSTS WITH LUTHER

Everyone getting into shoot fights over CM Punk Content for their vlogs

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
weird how all of us aging millennials feel so much instant rapport with a guy who felt like working in a big slick mega corporate environment for a syphilitic rapist millionaire drained the loving life out of them and shat in their soul

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that is weird

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

im kind of blown away they were working on this happening for about a year

and kept it quiet until they were basically ready to leak it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after bryan danielson everybody's talking about wanting tony khan to sign Jemery

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thank you God aka TK

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Given how practically every WWE castoff to AEW has their own story about what a psychological nightmare WWE was and how they had to readjust to a wrestling company that wasn't a cult, being in AEW might be the only therapy that works on Punk

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

stab posted:

My boys mainevented a sold out venue.

Thanks for buying tickets to watch them and only them

Give a shoutout to your boys for drawing a big crowd for that old guy who cut the promo at the start. Seems like it meant a lot to him.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Give a shoutout to your boys for drawing a big crowd for that old guy who cut the promo at the start. Seems like it meant a lot to him.

2.0 thinks everyone can get over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DLC Inc posted:

idk how anyone can argue about "they're just using older guys now" when Sammy, MJF, Jungle Boy, Darby, and even fuckin Dan Garcia were all heavily and prominently featured this week

Okay smart guy, then explain why they had Chris Jericho submit MJF clean on the last Dynamite :colbert:

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

can you imagine how hot that chicago crowd is gonna be for the Punk/Darby match hahahah holy poo poo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

smarxist posted:

weird how all of us aging millennials feel so much instant rapport with a guy who felt like working in a big slick mega corporate environment for a syphilitic rapist millionaire drained the loving life out of them and shat in their soul

i mostly relate to the ice cream bar stuff

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

enigmahfc posted:

I don’t have that nostalgia for Punk because I wasn’t watching wrestling at that time, but gently caress I’m still all in on his return.

Also, from a distant, a ‘ CM Punk’ sign looks like it says ‘ Chipmunk’

Chipmunk is ALL ELITE.

True story, one year, I think it was ROH was goofing around, and introduced a wrestler wearing a squirrel uniform.

His name? CP MUNK.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv4cvWsdNJ0

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

stab posted:

My boys mainevented a sold out venue.

Thanks for buying tickets to watch them and only them

Oh wait. gently caress.

How fun was tonight, eh?

They should make up shirts that say "2point0 sold out the United Center".

It'd make me laugh.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!
That was a fun show. Private Party vs. Jurassic Express was a drat good match, Jade Cargill looked amazing, and I liked how the main event was some newer guys getting a primo spot while Moxley murdered felony assaulted one of them.

Oh and some dude came out and said some words at the start of the show. :v:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Weren't there rumors of Punk essentially telling TK to gently caress off when Tony offered him a contract a couple of years ago?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What a night

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428925543483727875?s=20

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428926191075921926?s=20
Nene been playing the long game!

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428927631659995145?s=20
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428928004344799244?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1428927033439047686

if it ain't the drat god damned truth of it all

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1428927960917192709?s=20

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Thank God everyday for TK.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Roman Reigns posted:

I swear there was a moment when he was on his knees and letting the cheers wash over him you can tell it was JUST hitting him how much he missed this
I really want that unbroken camera shot of Punk on his knees, living in the moment and taking it all in

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vince also has the right combination of resources, knowledge, and business acumen except he also has mush brain

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SirFozzie posted:

True story, one year, I think it was ROH was goofing around, and introduced a wrestler wearing a squirrel uniform.

His name? CP MUNK.

It was Chikara and I think it had something to do with Quack being pissy about Punk not wanting to work Chikara shows.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cm%20punk%20I%20was%20there%20shirt&ssPageName=GSTL

I was there CM Punk shirts going for 200 to 300 dollars.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 38 days!

He is literally the reverse Vince McMahon: a successful businessman who got into wrestling because of his love for it, who treats people with respect, and who isn't afraid to spend money on stuff that's cool or helps enhance his product.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Also stab, I just want you to know that I shouted "woo stab's boys" when 2.0 came out. I repped for you.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Weren't there rumors of Punk essentially telling TK to gently caress off when Tony offered him a contract a couple of years ago?

if it's the same thing I'm thinking of, it was that Cody or the Bucks reached out to him but it was basically by text and they never made him a firm offer, it was more of just a "would you like to come in" and he didn't think that was a good way to do business. That may have been for the original All In pre AEW, I don't remember.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Floorcake Nene pullin the strings to save all of wrestling

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just got home.

OMG.

As I said, I wasn't following wrestling during CM Punk's original runs so I just know the name and the stories and enough to know what he's talking about during the promo.

But,

I know when something big was happening and that entire speech was golden. I'm so glad I went, I'm so glad I could be in the building, I'm so glad I got ice cream... AEW is amazing!

--

How did the other matches play on TV? After Punk I was fairly exhausted.

Laplacean Demon
Jan 20, 2004

smarxist posted:

:yeah:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Judging by the timeline, it looks like Punk was convinced around the time of the 2020 Revolution PPV, which is frankly astonishing considering Dynamite had only been on for a few months at this point

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1428927599707922439

wrestlings supposed to be fun

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just got home.

OMG.

As I said, I wasn't following wrestling during CM Punk's original runs so I just know the name and the stories and enough to know what he's talking about during the promo.

But,

I know when something big was happening and that entire speech was golden. I'm so glad I went, I'm so glad I could be in the building, I'm so glad I got ice cream... AEW is amazing!

--

Tag match was great, Jade squash was fine, short, and I'd love to see them run Mox vs. Garcia back with some more time because it was a real fun sprint.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just got home.

OMG.

But,

--

Punk came off incredible. The audience was beyond amazing. The following matches were great stuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God, it's been an hour and I'm still so hyped. I first started posting in PSP in 2011 when I was working nights and could stay up for every Raw/Smackdown and the Punk-Bryan era of wrestling was special to me cause of getting to share it with my posting pals and tonight just brought all of that back and when Punk showed up and got the god pop all of the bullshit about the lovely MMA career and the rear end in a top hat attitude and all of it just fell away and I was just happy that the guy who brought me years of joy was happy and what I'm trying to say is wrestling is the best, y'all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

Jurassic v PP was great, other two matches were basically squashes and it came across like that on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just got home.

OMG.

But,

--

They played good! The crowd was still making some noise, although no one could blame them for being a little quiet after all the energy for Punk.