Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

I can't stop refreshing podcast feeds and clicking on every link related to last night.

It was special. I'm loving vibrating on one mug of coffee. I'm too old to feel this way about wrestling, but goddamn does it feel good to feel it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

El Generico posted:

lets get taz to eat an entire box of drumsticks in public somehow

Taz eat the eggs.

I’d get things started but he blocked me on Twitter years ago.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Memnaelar posted:

I can't stop refreshing podcast feeds and clicking on every link related to last night.

It was special. I'm loving vibrating on one mug of coffee. I'm too old to feel this way about wrestling, but goddamn does it feel good to feel it.

Just spent my lunch break listening to the Post Wrestling podcast. I feel giddy like a little kid about pro wrestling in TYOOL 2021. :3:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:lol:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

This one's a keeper.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
I didn’t cry last night but one day I’ll be bawling my eyes out holding up my The Only Good One sign as tks head lops into the basket

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

your relative that hates christmas being prompted from across the room to show off the 20th pair of socks they've been gifted

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Yes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

King Of Coons posted:

I didn’t cry last night but one day I’ll be bawling my eyes out holding up my The Only Good One sign as tks head lops into the basket

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Yes

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

People talk about the little nod Punk gave himself during his entrance letting him know that he had made the right decision in coming to AEW ...

The exact moment Mark Henry knew he made the right decision in coming to AEW.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

El Generico posted:

lets get taz to eat an entire box of drumsticks in public somehow

buy one of those aew cameos things and have him recreate this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-tAyYaDnak

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What it looks like to realize how much you missed something

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
First thing I did today when I got up was rewatch the whole CM Punk segment.

It still has me smiling like a crazy man.

Wrestling makes me so drat happy.

Oh and for those that had been asking about Hangman, he's going to be a father soon. That's why he has time off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Cameo posted:

Never underestimate the power of Vince pulling a Vince Mind Trick on a guy, I imagine that was the real reason Cole got a meeting - they don’t have real plans for him, but they know if he went anywhere else he’d be a bigger star than they’ve ever made him within a week. So have Vince convince him that they’ve got big plans for him, the biggest, he’s gonna be on 7-11 cups and on billboards and they’re totally not gonna feed him to Roman or Olmos or whoever becomes Vince’s latest “this is my surefire meal ticket” blind guess from a group of guys whose defining traits are “is tall, has muscles”.

Yeah, I hear you, and I'd agree if not for a couple things: One, the contract extension instead of outright re-signing. He has to be aware of the winds changing, especially since several of his close friends have been released already, and that's visibly affected him (like his stream when he found out Breeze was released). They probably already had to convince him pretty hard just to extend. Two, not to speculate too heavily on the relationships of strangers, but you have to think a crossroads like this would be make-or-break for a lot of couples. Like do you do the long-distance thing indefinitely for another however many years they offer? Or do you get together in a company that doesn't actively despise healthy relationships?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1429190890879397890?s=20
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1429191450898702339?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Both videos at about 3mil views each after just 18 hours

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, I hear you, and I'd agree if not for a couple things: One, the contract extension instead of outright re-signing. He has to be aware of the winds changing, especially since several of his close friends have been released already, and that's visibly affected him (like his stream when he found out Breeze was released). They probably already had to convince him pretty hard just to extend. Two, not to speculate too heavily on the relationships of strangers, but you have to think a crossroads like this would be make-or-break for a lot of couples. Like do you do the long-distance thing indefinitely for another however many years they offer? Or do you get together in a company that doesn't actively despise healthy relationships?
A big thing with Cole is also his twitch stream so interesting how that affects his decision to resign or not

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

What exactly is this showing? I get it's interest I don't know what the graph means

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

A big thing with Cole is also his twitch stream so interesting how that affects his decision to resign or not

There are so many factors that lean towards Cole leaning that I've come to the conclusion the only way he's staying is the dumptruck.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Digital Jedi posted:

What exactly is this showing? I get it's interest I don't know what the graph means

Google searches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Soawax_/status/1428930847344840705?t=WVQji_6PQf0cWgCkhnz-uw&s=19

And soon we get Aubrey with Bryan

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1429190948190310403?s=20

Surprised they're allowed to keep the image of Bill Murray.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I firmly believe that there are some die-hard WWE fans who AEW will never win over, and some lapsed fans who will never come back.

I also firmly believe that AEW doesn't actually need to win those two groups over. There's a much broader group of people who are either old wrestling fans open to something new, or people who haven't been wrestling fans until now who can be won over by cool stuff and a good product.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

Both videos at about 3mil views each after just 18 hours

about 5% of that is just me rewatching over and over again im sorry

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1429190948190310403?s=20

Surprised they're allowed to keep the image of Bill Murray.

man i miss Trent

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave on Observer Radio says Bray's most likely coming too

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Tony is just such a goddamned delight. As a fan, last night meant just as much to him as it did to every other fan; as the owner and operator of AEW, it meant even more. Seeing him choked up and tearing up because he gambled with a badly kept secret, got the sellout he was hoping for and then got the moment he was hoping for... I'm just so glad that everything is in the hands of a man who loves wrestling.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave on Observer Radio says Bray's most likely coming too

I'm really interested to see how he does if so. His characters got cut off at the knees so many times.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Intruder posted:

What it looks like to realize how much you missed something

My face everytime I reinstall dota.

Not quite my face at the end of the night.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I was about to go off on why I don't want to see Bray in AEW and then I remembered Chaos Project exists and now I want this so much.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I really am not interested in Bray but at this point there's no reason to think they don't know what they're doing so gently caress it let's go

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Renaissance Spam posted:

I was about to go off on why I don't want to see Bray in AEW and then I remembered Chaos Project exists and now I want this so much.

See, I want to believe that Bray understands what the AEW audience wants and that with Tony's help they could get him to a really creative and cool place without it being too supernatural and ungrounded to buy into.

I also want to believe that Windham Rotunda is a better wrestler than his work in WWE would have you believe. We've seen plenty of people show up outside WWE and suddenly be good at wrestling. It's a distinct possibility.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Like 6 months ago I wouldn't have wanted Bray in aew, but they're just absolutely nailing everything right now so gently caress it why not. Genuinely curious what he comes up with in an environment with more creative freedom.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Envisioned posted:

Like 6 months ago I wouldn't have wanted Bray in aew, but they're just absolutely nailing everything right now so gently caress it why not. Genuinely curious what he comes up with in an environment with more creative freedom.

Same here

I was in the 'I don't really care about CM Punk in AEW' frame of mind until last night and I'll freely admit my mind was completely changed

Trust in TK - he's not loving around about having the heart of a fan and trying to give us what we're looking for

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I'm not convinced by Bray's in-ring work but he's A+ at character so if they bring him with the right gimmick I'm down for it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Renaissance Spam posted:

Why do you hate Serpentico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If Bray can come up with something calibrated to the supernatural level Malakai Black is working with, he’ll be fine. Give him Bear Country and they can be mountain cultists instead of swamp cultists.