Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

endlessmonotony posted:

The ban on anime is like an umbrella.

now i have that lovely pop song in my head, thanks @_@

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

endlessmonotony posted:

I actually tried reading that.

Just no. It's trash. Vice, so my expectations were low, and that somehow managed to have less information than I expected.

I go until I can't, but I know I'm just exhausting myself because that's the point for me. I'm on the safe side with the rest days.

i didnt read it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fart simpson posted:

i didnt read it

I did and it's all subjective nonsense worse than adventure game logic.

I push myself way harder than I'd need to because I enjoy pushing myself.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there is no substitute for havin a peep w eyeballs look at you and say in which way youre fuckin up

form, reps, wrong exercise, etc etc etc

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bob dobbs is dead posted:

there is no substitute for havin a peep w eyeballs look at you and say in which way youre fuckin up

just read a book

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bob dobbs is dead posted:

For that I have professionals, the kind with actual medical knowledge so they know what's going on with my spine.

How far to push myself has always been a lot open though.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is v yospos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZZ72UbOgA

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/pelosimorning/status/1429397435651026949?s=21

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1429428142310051843?s=20

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

behold my new plasma theme

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hbag posted:

pretty good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

for the nostalgia that is, weed is good

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Captain Foo posted:

for the nostalgia that is, weed is good

yeah the "winners dont use drugs" thing is ironic and i now realize as im writing this post that calling anything "ironic" makes me sound like a massive douchebag

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

yeah the "winners dont use drugs" thing is ironic and i now realize as im writing this post that calling anything "ironic" makes me sound like a massive douchebag

never read your own posts hth

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

he would also sometimes leave a game to chase fire trucks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag has themselves ignore listed

smart kid, really

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Stringent posted:

just got back from a week at the beach. i got a cheap body board to play around on and holy poo poo i've been missing out, it's so much fun. really want to learn to surf now.

you really should, surfing is the best sport. catching the smallest, shittiest wave is at least as much fun as something like hitting a home run. the nearest surf to me is at least a six hour trip but i make sure i do it at least once a year.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just realized that due to my hands being lovely and painful i might never get to rock climb again

i hope that's wrong

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Achmed Jones posted:

i just realized that due to my hands being lovely and painful i might never get to rock climb again

i hope that's wrong

arthritis or an injury? i have a buddy who had his arm snapped basically clean in two but with a year of serious PT he can climb again

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Truman Peyote posted:

you really should, surfing is the best sport. catching the smallest, shittiest wave is at least as much fun as something like hitting a home run. the nearest surf to me is at least a six hour trip but i make sure i do it at least once a year.

what's this i hear about people keying your car for being too close to their wave or something

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

i hope that's wrong

check out the china lan thread for a fun story of rock climbing going fatally wrong within the shenzhen goon community!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bump_fn posted:

arthritis or an injury? i have a buddy who had his arm snapped basically clean in two but with a year of serious PT he can climb again

arthritis. i'm pretty young for it but my mom had it in her hands too. she actually worked with her hands in a factory though and i'm a computer toucher so its kinda surprising but 🤷‍♀️

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson posted:

check out the china lan thread for a fun story of rock climbing going fatally wrong within the shenzhen goon community!

ok that's pretty bad. i can't figure out exactly what happened - homeboy climbed up with no rope. was it closed and they'd taken ropes down? or were there ropes and he decided not to use them for some dumbass drunken reason? presumably they were closed because if they weren't the person running it would've been having a meltdown the whole time

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

what's this i hear about people keying your car for being too close to their wave or something

I wouldn't know but sounds like it's not actually about the wave to me

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bump_fn posted:

like a pencil or like disposable chopsticks?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i hate the thoughts this question placed in my mind

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

pencil thankfully - otherwise it would have been longer than a year if ever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

ok that's pretty bad. i can't figure out exactly what happened - homeboy climbed up with no rope. was it closed and they'd taken ropes down? or were there ropes and he decided not to use them for some dumbass drunken reason? presumably they were closed because if they weren't the person running it would've been having a meltdown the whole time

well, i remember him telling the story to me irl just a couple days after it happened. it was midnight or something, the place was closed, nobody was around, and they were drunk as hell

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

boat time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bump_fn posted:

boat time

i respect that you’re vacationing like a proper brussels bureaucrat would

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i respect that you’re vacationing like a proper brussels bureaucrat would

we’re not on mykonos / there isn’t enough coke on this island

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

boat time

I hope you're taking the pirate ship in the corner

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

no anime posting pls

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

what are good hobbies to pick up. I wanna do more than just browsing the internet but every time I open up emacs my brain fries itself in it's own juices

edit: Preferably something that doesn't need me to go outside because I live on a really fuckin steep hill and it is constantly raining. fuk that

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

alexandriao posted:

what are good hobbies to pick up. I wanna do more than just browsing the internet but every time I open up emacs ny brain fries itself in it's own juices

find a sports hobby of some sort if you don’t have one

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

make music op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ham radio

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

alexandriao posted:

what are good hobbies to pick up. I wanna do more than just browsing the internet but every time I open up emacs my brain fries itself in it's own juices

edit: Preferably something that doesn't need me to go outside because I live on a really fuckin steep hill and it is constantly raining. fuk that

tai chi seems like a cool hobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i guess we could have more jonnys, why not!